Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Article: includes Album Title & track listings!

album title track listings album launches tour

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Lindsay_S

Lindsay_S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Woah! I love how we get nearly everything we've been waiting for for so long in one article just like that!! Finally. I like the album title. Interesting to see I'm Not Ready on there seeing as it was released a while ago. Can't wait for this. And exciting for a tour next year! Maybe I will be able to go after all! Exciting!!!

maybe it would be just her vocals on it, alot of people have been doing that lately, changing bits and just keeping the chorus, you like Rihanna did it with love the way you lie (part 2) and Emelie Sande (sorry i know ive spelt her name wrong) did it with Prof Green's track Read All About It completely reworking it, seriously I am looking forward to Child of the Universe!

OFFLINE   Luke

Luke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Also, DWABH is lot, even Robyn but not Kate Bush lol Being a massive Kate Fan I have to say just...no Delta :P /random

That version she is talking about is a different mix not the one thats on radio atm - sounds like it might be the other version on the album which would be cool!

Do you have confirmation of this or is that speculation? For all we know, she could've been referring to the radio version.

No - confirmation. I have heard different demos and versions of it when she was playing it in the studio. It's definitely different to the radio edit.
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Nichole-Delta

Nichole-Delta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Awesome news :-)
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I thought the title was weird at first too but it makes complete sense for some reason. I'm excited, not as excited about the Jonas track on there but we'll see.

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Also, DWABH is lot, even Robyn but not Kate Bush lol Being a massive Kate Fan I have to say just...no Delta :P /random

That version she is talking about is a different mix not the one thats on radio atm - sounds like it might be the other version on the album which would be cool!

Do you have confirmation of this or is that speculation? For all we know, she could've been referring to the radio version.

No - confirmation. I have heard different demos and versions of it when she was playing it in the studio. It's definitely different to the radio edit.

Lucky you! Any yay for different versions!

tumblr_mjnpyvhkSl1qeo225o1_400.png
"All I got is this heart that I am willing to lose, I know in this life - I give it everything."

"Found a girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long, told her I that I'd never leave."

"Just when I stopped looking I saw just how far I'd come - in this life."

"One day, we won't exist, and all the hurt will turn to dust

It is easier to shut down than to open up to trust."

OFFLINE   Krystal25

Krystal25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I'm in the head space as Elissa, in it sounded weird to begin with but something just clicks for me I love it!
Cannot wait to hear these songs on the album 8D

Posted Image

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Wow.....

This is great ... FINALLY..... now things are moving!!!!!

My thoughts- Chid of the Universe- doesnt grab me straight away... would have preferred something more instant, snappy- like one or two word title.... but sounds like there's alot of meaning behind the title and i look forward to hearing the song on the album... did i hear piano ballad ???!! Yay!

Wow - she gave soooo much in that interview.... it's great to finally feel like we are connecting with her and beginning to understand what's been goin on with her over the last 18-24 months....

Song titles tooo !!!! wow... love that she talks about how DWABH aint just about break up with Brian but how hurt she was when other people in her career / personal life abandoned her/ turned on her during the last while... cant wait to her this other version- im not even excited for the radio edit tomorrow- i have so much hope that she only mixed the song up to get radio play and im excited to hear the other version and the rest of the album now....

Like that she is working with that guy who has worked with Duffy and Rebecca Ferguson- they both have strong material under their belts so im hopeful this guy will break out the best in Delta

I like that Im not ready is gonna be included- i cool either way- i like the duet version and i think it would be smart to include it on the album for international markets - particularly the US... but of course a solo version would be cool too- i know it's kinda old now but i think that song is so important- the words of it really ring the end of her and brian in a very final way and not a bitter nasty way either- but it's a good song and i think it deserves its place on the album

The one bummer- October for the album- would have been nice to have it sooner but i hope a third single is released now in October - if DWABH isnt representative of the album then distance between that radio mix and the album itself will be for the best i feel....

But this is it ... at last , it is so exciting to hear the album is on its way :)

OFFLINE   ninafan

ninafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
the album title makes sense since both SOTOTW and DWABH mention stars in the lyrics.

OFFLINE   hannahbanana

hannahbanana

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 331 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
WOW, what an article! The wait is over people and if you have stuck around and had faith, we're about to be rewarded! Beautiful, beautiful words from Delta here, I'm so excited for this era, everything is coming to place and sounding perfect! That photo on the source page is gorgeous, new or not?

tumblr_moinsqJriw1qmvrqxo1_1280.jpg

Hannah II 20 II South Australia II DELTA ♥ II a Child of The Universe

OFFLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

I really love the title! It will make sense when we hear the album! It is a bit hippyish but it's very Delta. I have faith in this album.

That's what I was thinking too. She's really pulling out the big guns on this hippie image, which I ABSOLUTELY love. As long as she leaves the sack dresses from 2007 at home.

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

WOW, what an article! The wait is over people and if you have stuck around and had faith, we're about to be rewarded! Beautiful, beautiful words from Delta here, I'm so excited for this era, everything is coming to place and sounding perfect! That photo on the source page is gorgeous, new or not?

:D Rewarded indeed!

I think it's from the Swisse shoot! ;)

"All I got is this heart that I am willing to lose, I know in this life - I give it everything."

"Found a girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long, told her I that I'd never leave."

OFFLINE   xoxo...DG...xoxo

xoxo...DG...xoxo

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,510 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
It's great to have some more info ... finally hope that the album really does exist lol! :) I like the sound of all the song titles!! Not so keen on the album title though :( xxx

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
So happy it's Child of The Universe...I remember how i chose it as a 'must listen to this'-track in that 'new titles' thread, so yay! I hope to hear some other songs that were included on my list like Ballerina...

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I'm happy I'm Not Ready is on there, I don't have in my collection of Delta Songs, for reasons which should be obvious...

Hope it's a Delta Goodrem Solo version. That'd be useful in my life <3

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ i just pray it's without Michael, then it could be so glorious!!

Just realized that those are all Gary Clark/Delta songs! Well except for DWABH and SOTOTW :)

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

^ i just pray it's without Michael, then it could be so glorious!!

Just realized that those are all Gary Clark/Delta songs! Well except for DWABH and SOTOTW :)

Oh me and this album will get on perfectly, Gary Clark is KING, he's made some amazing songs in his time.

http://en.wikipedia....op_of_The_World

Somebody should fix this, Just link to the Delta Daily version of the interview and it'll stick! (Some shit about second sources)

Edited by delbrit, 01 August 2012 - 09:58 PM.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   Johnnii

Johnnii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
In my opinion i think "child of the Universe" is a beautiful title for the album, i think i can relate to this title. Love it :)

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ can you name some? =D (@delbrit)

Edited by CielNocturne, 01 August 2012 - 09:41 PM.

OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I'm speechless. Honestly can't believe we FINALLY have an album title. The confirmed tracks sound intriguing and I'm happy to hear the album is set for October. All we need now is a release date so we can start kicking our heels.

OFFLINE   Andrew

Andrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I like the title :)

Bring on the new album!

Posted Image

Thanks for the memories. X

http://lookingforane...yout.tumblr.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: album title, track listings, album launches, tour

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users