Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Article: includes Album Title & track listings!

album title track listings album launches tour

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,772 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I love the album title. Its really beautiful. I feel its a sense of freedom and independence and bonds the world together as we are all children of the universe. Just beautiful, and its a great message for her fans as well.

The article says launches in October which to me sounds like a mini tour with the set revolving around the album with a few of her previous hits. Cheaper ticket prices, more intimate venues, maybe acoustic. Then a full on tour after The Voice with expensive fuller venues with all the theatrics. Perfect! I think October release is perfect, I am LOVING this era and that article :)

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Luke

Luke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Child Of The Universe is the perfect title. its perfect for how she's feeling just wait for her to give her reasoning because it will make sense!

I didn't love it at first but now i can't imagine it with any other name!

So it's a legit title? Yay!! I think it's kinda corny but in a good way, I like stuff like that and it has a meaning <3

It's an actual song! It's funny that its been in the "Upcoming Song Titles" thread for so long now hahha
Posted Image

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,972 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ Yes i know it is but now that I know that it's the album title it gets a whole new meaning ^_^

tumblr_mjnpyvhkSl1qeo225o1_400.png
"All I got is this heart that I am willing to lose, I know in this life - I give it everything."

"Found a girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long, told her I that I'd never leave."

"Just when I stopped looking I saw just how far I'd come - in this life."

"One day, we won't exist, and all the hurt will turn to dust

It is easier to shut down than to open up to trust."

OFFLINE   bare_hands

bare_hands

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
i think its a great album title i love it

OFFLINE   possessionless*

possessionless*

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
The article definitely sounds credible to me... Finally we get to hear something about the album and track list! I'm so excited, can't stop smiling!

Here are my initial thoughts
- don't really like the album title (however, this can change, SOTOTW first sounded cheesy, but because it was such an awesome song, it look the cheesiness away, couldn't have thought of a better name). i would prefer 'stars' in the album title. not sure how this album titles represents all the songs on the album, but i guess we'll find out.
-i'm not ready on the album?! i'm kind of dissappointed because we've already heard it, i hope it's at least different.. ie a solo version. i don't like hearing Michael Bolton's voice!
- I'm glad she said she is proud of every song.. that makes the album sound very promising.. no filler tracks and a really good quality album.. no repeat of Deltao7
-I hope it's true and that she means it when she means it when she is in a good place atm that she will be able to release music consistently. However, this was also said after Delta07 era... and it took 5 years! i honestly don't know how i will cope if i have to wait another 5 years for new music.. 2018 is a far way away! i don't even want to think about it!!
- I don't mind the tour being next year.. it makes more sense. there would have never been enough time to tour this year... she has to announce dates and all the and that takes ages!

ONLINE   Adam :)

Adam :)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Maybe once there is a cover and a full track listing and have heard the song the album title will grow on me - so excited to finally hear some news! Hopefully it's a fairly big album!

So I stand on this hill
With my flag held high
With the will to survive
Bullets flying by
Broken hears scattered on this battlefield
Holding out for something real
I won't give up
I won't give in
I fight for hope in this
WAR ON LOVE

OFFLINE   Cookie

Cookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
I actually kina like the album title, gives me a happy vibe... Can't wait to hear more about it and see the album cover!

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I really love the title! It will make sense when we hear the album! It is a bit hippyish but it's very Delta. I have faith in this album.

It's amazing how one article just slammed the door shut on 5 years of waiting!

2nu8181.png

"Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx" - Delta Goodrem

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,111 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Shaking and CRYING for this final confirmation, actual titles of songs on the album, choices of topic for this album, NAME of this album FINALLY, It's like my birthday three weeks after I had it. *Dies of heart attack*

*Comes back to life*

I really approve of the concept of "Child of The Universe", that to me screams something that I'll like and the old type of Delta music I love, With personal growth and artistic evolution obviously!! It screams HONEST instead of "Trying to fit a square into a a circle and justify that thing",
it screams Delta Goodrem, at least to me!!

Just proves that, I need to know what I wanting, to want it....NOW I WANT IT!!!!!!

Ah, knew it'd be released in October, duh...It's like, tradition, three months before an album comes out we get a tracklist or a name and THEN we have time to hype ourselves up, get on promo, tell public to look out for a new album, et cetera.

Glad she indicates she's NOT doing the traditional 12 track thing, maybe my dreams will come true and I'll get the amount of songs I desire from Delta right now to be pleased (16-14 and nothing less).

I love the title, exciting tho!

Mid 2013 for a tour is good for me :P i'm not fussed and I also love this "Now that life has things in the right place," she says, "I hope I can consistently bring out music for my fans.", so hopefully that means less huge breaks in between albums?

If so finally MUSGASM's, to me that's a confirmation that Brian was doing some major fuckery to her artistic integrity and motivation. HOPEFULLY she'll find her way to a place where she can be like a normal musician and just record and release often instead of putting albums in development hell and getting trapped artistically...Over thinking, synching out, all that BAD stuff.

I just wish she'd been more open about this shit before

Edited by delbrit, 01 August 2012 - 10:11 PM.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   Jen

Jen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I love the title. i cant wait to hear the whole album when it comes out, this is all very exciting

ONLINE   Adam :)

Adam :)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I can't believe we waited for 5 years for this confirmation and BOOM it's all here in this article love it! Now what would make it even more spectacular is a tweet or something from Delta herself confirming it!

So I stand on this hill
With my flag held high
With the will to survive
Bullets flying by
Broken hears scattered on this battlefield
Holding out for something real
I won't give up
I won't give in
I fight for hope in this
WAR ON LOVE

OFFLINE   KiZ

KiZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Im glad to hear something about the album. The title sounds very Delta...so Im excited to see what the album holds.

Hoping for a different version of Im Not Ready...or hoping its like an extra on the deluxe version or something.

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,111 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I can't believe we waited for 5 years for this confirmation and BOOM it's all here in this article love it! Now what would make it even more spectacular is a tweet or something from Delta herself confirming it!

I'd cry if someone made all that good news up, honestly I would.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   jenken

jenken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
i promise you its for realz!

e277d946-6451-4b26-80b8-4c89744f1151_zps

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Literally words cannot fully describe how excited I am after all this time!! Its all finally starting to happen, I couldn't be happier!!! I'm loving everything I've read so far, the track titles in that article sound like they will be amazing songs and I just can't wait to hear the album!! Delta need never doubt herself because we are all her supporting her whatever and for however long it takes!! The album title is very delta, will be interesting to hear her explanations behind songs and titles! I'm thinking a track-by-track is reall needed!!

Lol yeah after 5 years of waiting -BANG - suddenly all this information!!

tumblr_mdy28gi4sp1r3qj73o4_500.gif

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Child of the Universe - When My Stars Come Out and wasn't there something about Stars aligning in a title? She loves taking about "spirits" and "love" and "light". Whatever she needs to be the happy, free spirit she is and how she encompasses her current chapter feelings into the music, I support :) I think we'll get a bit of Brian, Nick and the present. Perfect summation.

Haha the wait is over peeps! We did it! Thanks for putting up with all the whinging and bitching I know I did from time to time! We all had our frustrated posts and it's taken forever but we can soon finally enjoy the new album :)

I will not go back through the threads haha

Edited by Paddyl90, 01 August 2012 - 08:33 PM.

2nu8181.png

"Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx" - Delta Goodrem

OFFLINE   chilloutman

chilloutman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
"Wish You Were Here" 'I've been knock, knock, knocking at the thought of your door, but you're not, not, not here anymore' - Pretty sure those lyrics will be for this song.

When I get knocked out

Before you count to ten

I'll get up again

And if I get knocked down

After I hit the floor

I'll be coming back at you

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Interesting to hear that there might be a different version of DWABH. As I said before, love the album title.

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,909 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
This article will appear in the Hit liftout in The Daily Telegraph (Sydney), the Herald Sun (Melbourne), The Advertiser (Adelaide) and maybe The Courier-Mail (Brisbane) tomorrow, so make you get a copy :)
As for the album title, my first reaction is :blink: then :mellow: What kind of album title is that? It's out of this world.
The full tour in mid-2013 sounds exciting :) I wonder if the parent company of Channel Nine will be involved? Last year it founded Nine Live, an integrated live entertainment, sport and lifestyle business focussing on live content, hospitality, sponsorship, event management and consulting. It sponsored One Direction's promotional visit to Australia in April this year.

OFFLINE   GrrArgh

GrrArgh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Also, DWABH is lot, even Robyn but not Kate Bush lol Being a massive Kate Fan I have to say just...no Delta :P /random

That version she is talking about is a different mix not the one thats on radio atm - sounds like it might be the other version on the album which would be cool!

Do you have confirmation of this or is that speculation? For all we know, she could've been referring to the radio version.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: album title, track listings, album launches, tour

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users