Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

New Release Date!

Dancing With A Broken Heart Delta Goodrem

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   DeltaFanMan

DeltaFanMan

Love & Light

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Delta's Official Website Today Posted That DWABH Is Coming Out On The 10th. www.deltagoodrem.com

OFFLINE   DeltaGirl

DeltaGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
yeah. I hope that means there will be a physical copy :)
Stay Classy :)

OFFLINE   Delta4lyf

Delta4lyf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
New week, new date :( hope its not gonna change again

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,689 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Just like old times! Ah well, hopefully this will mean everything will be done well in terms of promo etc.

xo.jpg
Delta: Thank you for everything - I will always support you.
27:10:2004 / 22:01:2005

OFFLINE   Johnnii

Johnnii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
this is beyond a joke we only had two more days to wait, now it's 9 days. I'm dancing with a broken heart right now, lets just hope delta can make us sit on top of the world again :)

OFFLINE   GrrArgh

GrrArgh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Screw you, Sony. So tired of their games this era.

OFFLINE   ninafan

ninafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
just an extra week guys, which means more time for people to not only hear the song but love it which will turn into downloads/singles bought plus it will give them more time to plan instores.

OFFLINE   possessionless*

possessionless*

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
The wait during the last week has been long enough! Ahhh I hope Sony make up for it by giving us killer bsides!!

OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Am I the only one who sees the push back as a good thing? I haven't heard the song on the radio yet, and now it has the time to capitalize on airplay and grow on the general public for a solid chart debut.

OFFLINE   aussiemusiclover

aussiemusiclover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts
Thanks for that! Although I certainly hope there will be an update on the tour soon

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

aussiemusiclover.jpg
aussiemusiclover... formerly deltaluva2.

stand-by-hird-small_zps3420ec3b.jpg

OFFLINE   GrrArgh

GrrArgh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

The wait during the last week has been long enough! Ahhh I hope Sony make up for it by giving us killer bsides!!

I wouldn't count on it. We'll probably only get the single itself and an acoustic version at most.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,527 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Am I the only one who sees the push back as a good thing? I haven't heard the song on the radio yet, and now it has the time to capitalize on airplay and grow on the general public for a solid chart debut.

But we live in a different era now. Its not about having the best debut. Most songs grow to #1 now and if they dont, they drop massively the week after. I feel that the first week sees the song go digitally to reaching the Top 100 after 24 hours, then going around 60 the next day, 40 day after that, then by the end of the week ended up in the Top 25 which after the whole week equates to about a #35 digital position. Which is not a good position to be in. If they did what I thought they were gonna do; a digital release Aug 3 and then physical Aug 10, she could start week two at Top 25 and excel from there. But they've fucked it up and its pissed me off. I do think however that the instores will carry her to a #1 debut.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

KHALEESI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

But we live in a different era now. Its not about having the best debut. Most songs grow to #1 now and if they dont, they drop massively the week after. I feel that the first week sees the song go digitally to reaching the Top 100 after 24 hours, then going around 60 the next day, 40 day after that, then by the end of the week ended up in the Top 25 which after the whole week equates to about a #35 digital position. Which is not a good position to be in. If they did what I thought they were gonna do; a digital release Aug 3 and then physical Aug 10, she could start week two at Top 25 and excel from there. But they've fucked it up and its pissed me off. I do think however that the instores will carry her to a #1 debut.

I agree, this is a bad move.

She should have released the song to itunes the moment it hit radio.
(by she I mean her team/Sony)

Edited by Bernadette, 01 August 2012 - 06:43 PM.

OFFLINE   Frágil

Frágil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

She should have released the song to itunes the moment it hit radio.

I'm actually yet to hear it on the radio! :( and it's not like i don't listen to the radio, it's on most of the day at work!

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,934 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Whoa, well, I don't think that's super smart....slowest era in the history of music. Yes that's a rant but sorry that's how I see it right now...Can I just say this once? This is SO unprofessional, Sony, SO unprofessional I cannot even.

Edited by CielNocturne, 01 August 2012 - 07:38 PM.

tumblr_mjnpyvhkSl1qeo225o1_400.png
"All I got is this heart that I am willing to lose, I know in this life - I give it everything."

"Found a girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long, told her I that I'd never leave."

"Just when I stopped looking I saw just how far I'd come - in this life."

"One day, we won't exist, and all the hurt will turn to dust

It is easier to shut down than to open up to trust."

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Wait... they are kidding right... sheesh.. Sony Australia must be the best place in the world to work.. like there's no pressure to get s*** done ... EVER lol

Aw well, to be fair, when have they ever delivered as they promised.. we should by now relaise that its the second or third date we get thta is the real one... but boy they sure know how to piss off the existing fans.... i get it tho, obviously they need more time to get the single performing at radio and get their own logistics in gear ....

OFFLINE   andy.987

andy.987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Good point Brad. But one thing I just noticed is that Justice Crew's Boom Boom is rising up the charts pretty quickly, and they're under Sony so I guess it's a smart move to lay off Delta's single for a week.

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,934 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^yeah but i mean, how could they know that? I mean they're only SONY after all LOL :P

tumblr_mjnpyvhkSl1qeo225o1_400.png
"All I got is this heart that I am willing to lose, I know in this life - I give it everything."

"Found a girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long, told her I that I'd never leave."

"Just when I stopped looking I saw just how far I'd come - in this life."

"One day, we won't exist, and all the hurt will turn to dust

It is easier to shut down than to open up to trust."

OFFLINE   ninafan

ninafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
yeah and it also gives them an extra week to maybe get the video right and released

OFFLINE   DeltaGirl

DeltaGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I guess this is why The Voice wanted their winners to be signed with Universal hey.... :P
Stay Classy :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dancing With A Broken Heart, Delta Goodrem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users