Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Article: Delta has new moves (Jen to be rested?)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,538 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
This is from today's print edition of the Herald Sun.

DELTA Goodrem is set to chart new ground with an all-out publicity assault for her new single, Dancing with a Broken Heart, and a management shift.
It's understood the The Voice's coach's long-time manager, Jennifer Fontaine, will be benched for Goodrem's campaign, with all publicity and management queries to be handled in-house at Sony Music Australia.

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,865 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Thanks to Jen for the pic via Twitter.

Posted Image

I'm upset by this news. I hope it's only temporary.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,538 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I can't understand why Jen should have no role in promoting DWABH and maybe Delta's new album?

OFFLINE   ocelot

ocelot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
This could have something to do with Delta signing with Marc Jordan and Rebel One. Maybe Jennifer Fontaine did not get along with Delta's international management and Delta choose her international management team over Jennifer.

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,022 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Oh, Delta, one managerial disaster to another.
Delta gotta Delta :ph34r:

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   Walshy

Walshy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
I think Sony just wants to use all there resources on this one
Posted Image

OFFLINE   katie_

katie_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Oh god. I have a really bad feeling about this. Sony better pick up their game if they're gonna be doing it all.

Edited by katie_, 27 July 2012 - 06:50 PM.

Shower me with confetti rain, down from open skies.

Posted Image

10.08.12 | 08.11.12

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Seems a strange move on Sony's behalf! I just hope the weight of a record company behind delta will really help this singles campaign. Seems a shame to sideline Jen, I cant see how they couldnt work together on it!

tumblr_mdy28gi4sp1r3qj73o4_500.gif

OFFLINE   Karly

Karly

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 254 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Every album has had a different manager haha

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,022 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Yeah,.
God, just the production of Untitled Delta Goodrem Album #4 has two; Modest, and this woman, and now a new team...and the over seas team

I wait patiently for the day she finds the Right Person who can carry her all the way over to America and stick with her for the long term (4 eras)

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^Totally agree. its a shame there is never a strong team around Delta that stays consistent to help her achieve the massive success she really wants. But oh well, we have to hope that every change is always for the best.

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Too true!!

ONLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Honestly, I don't know much about Jen but a radio station I worked at a year or so ago tried to get an interview with Delta and Jen wasn't very nice about it.
Anyway, I wonder if this has to do with Sony's dissatisfaction with the publicity booking for the promotion of SOTOTW.

What the hell does Delta gotta Delta mean?

OFFLINE   MissToastie

MissToastie

Claire Voyant.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Eissa, check the DWABH topic, delbrit...explained...it to me..

Also...I thought this topic said Jen arrested...and I was like..wut.

Sad :( poor Jen. Sony are shit.

2cfz51j.gif

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,022 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Honestly, I don't know much about Jen but a radio station I worked at a year or so ago tried to get an interview with Delta and Jen wasn't very nice about it.
Anyway, I wonder if this has to do with Sony's dissatisfaction with the publicity booking for the promotion of SOTOTW.

What the hell does Delta gotta Delta mean?

LOL
Hatars gotta hate, Delta's gotta Delta. She'll do whatever she does (which is, in this thread, changing managers every couple of months)

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Probably dumb question but im confused :(
who is Jennifer Fontaine? I never heard of her before... i thought Delta parted with her old management last august when she and Jo parted and then she moved to Marc Jordan this year... so where does Jen slot in? Like I thought she was without management from when she parted with Jo to when she joined Marc...

On the one hand, this is worrying because it's like she is being passed around or moving round herself alot in terms of who is structuring and orchestrating her campaign this era... hence why it has all felt so disjointed... maybe there are just too many different parties involved.. like really all she needs is one solid, dedicated manager and their team behind her

On the other hand, this could be a positive sign... It could be interpretted as Sony sitting up and realising things havent been so smooth so far and they are taking it into their own hands to make sure this era runs smoother... at least they are trying... I mean Sony is a big organisation, im sure this means they are going to get really hands on and do things the way they think they should.. maybe the problem thus far is too many different voices and opinions on how to approach things and then all that happens is nothing gets done and she drifts further career wise.

Let's hope Sony mean business when they are taking over her publicity fully... it's kinda like they are saying it's too important to leave to chance so they are gonna make things happen ... Hopefully:)

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,865 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

who is Jennifer Fontaine? I never heard of her before... i thought Delta parted with her old management last august when she and Jo parted and then she moved to Marc Jordan this year... so where does Jen slot in? Like I thought she was without management from when she parted with Jo to when she joined Marc...

On the one hand, this is worrying because it's like she is being passed around or moving round herself alot in terms of who is structuring and orchestrating her campaign this era... hence why it has all felt so disjointed... maybe there are just too many different parties involved.. like really all she needs is one solid, dedicated manager and their team behind her

On the other hand, this could be a positive sign... It could be interpretted as Sony sitting up and realising things havent been so smooth so far and they are taking it into their own hands to make sure this era runs smoother... at least they are trying... I mean Sony is a big organisation, im sure this means they are going to get really hands on and do things the way they think they should.. maybe the problem thus far is too many different voices and opinions on how to approach things and then all that happens is nothing gets done and she drifts further career wise.

Let's hope Sony mean business when they are taking over her publicity fully... it's kinda like they are saying it's too important to leave to chance so they are gonna make things happen ... Hopefully:)

Jen is/was Delta's longtime publicist. The article got it wrong.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   Luke

Luke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Jen was her publicist - dealt with talking to magazines, media, press all that stuff.. would be a pretty intense job with all the news stories coming out all the time hahaha
Posted Image

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Jen is/was Delta's longtime publicist. The article got it wrong.

Artin

Ah i see now, thanks

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Jen was her publicist - dealt with talking to magazines, media, press all that stuff.. would be a pretty intense job with all the news stories coming out all the time hahaha

True.. Id imagine it hasnt been an easy gig- especially during the Voice mini-backlash

Maybe it isnt a slight on how Jen has been doing her job at all, maybe Sony just think this is too much for one publicist to work on- to try to turnaround some of the negative press Delta had during the Voice... maybe they just think its too important right now as they gear up for the album and they have more resources available to them than one publicist so they are gonna work their socks off now to make this album/era a success

maybe they are nervous too about press attention already towards the single and whether it is about Brian ... maybe they are wary that a public war of words could begin and damage her albums start off..

I just hope it is a good sign and will have faith for now that they know what they are doing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users