Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What is your occupation?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Johnnii

Johnnii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

I am just really bad at small talk when i am one on one with a person, i can't start a conversation, and my stomach always turns whenever a person yells at me. I can't take constructive criticism well and i work better when i am on my own. I just find it really hard when i am around people, i am just not a people person, I don't know whats wrong with me but everybody seems to take what i say the wrong way and i don't understand why? I try my best to change but when ever i try to be someone i am not it just complicates things more. :)

To me it sounds like you have social anxiety which I have too, because I am exactly the same way.. and i was like you for a few years not doing anything and staying at home, but I was looking to either study or find work and last year I did, I now work part time sorting out clothes, nothing special but it's a job and it's a stepping stone.

I'm not a shy guy, i did work at a petrol station but i felt depressed after two years, and i find it easy to communicate with women, but find it very hard to communicate and keep eye contact when a man comes near me, I guess it had something to do with me going to an all boys school and being sexually assulted three times by two guys when i was at school, and being bullied for the way i look, sing and my personality. I guess my fear also comes from being threatened by my uncle if i turn out a particular way he'd kill me and my dad would kick me out of home. I don't want to disappoint anyone especially my family.

OFFLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I am just really bad at small talk when i am one on one with a person, i can't start a conversation, and my stomach always turns whenever a person yells at me. I can't take constructive criticism well and i work better when i am on my own. I just find it really hard when i am around people, i am just not a people person, I don't know whats wrong with me but everybody seems to take what i say the wrong way and i don't understand why? I try my best to change but when ever i try to be someone i am not it just complicates things more. :)

To me it sounds like you have social anxiety which I have too, because I am exactly the same way.. and i was like you for a few years not doing anything and staying at home, but I was looking to either study or find work and last year I did, I now work part time sorting out clothes, nothing special but it's a job and it's a stepping stone.

I'm not a shy guy, i did work at a petrol station but i felt depressed after two years, and i find it easy to communicate with women, but find it very hard to communicate and keep eye contact when a man comes near me, I guess it had something to do with me going to an all boys school and being sexually assulted three times by two guys when i was at school, and being bullied for the way i look, sing and my personality. I guess my fear also comes from being threatened by my uncle if i turn out a particular way he'd kill me and my dad would kick me out of home. I don't want to disappoint anyone especially my family.

I never said you were shy, I said social anxiety. There's a difference.
and yes I know you've told everyone on the forum about your life and experiences, which i'm sure do play a part in it.

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I suffer from severe anxiety, depression, bipolar 2, intracranial hypertension (pressure on the brain), swollen intestines plus other swollen organs in my body, a failing liver and a weak immune system, so I'm currently not working and I'm on the pension. I pray for the day I am better and not in pain and spending most of my time in hospital or at the doctors, so I can become a pre school worker. I'm a qualified cook and used to work in a restaurant.

I really hope you get better really soon.

I am a teacher :) just finished my training year and about to start a full time job!

tumblr_mdy28gi4sp1r3qj73o4_500.gif

OFFLINE   purple.is.a.fruit

purple.is.a.fruit

marshmallow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
I'm a student and work part-time as a counsellor and on an IT helpdesk. (very odd combination, I know!) I'm hoping one day to become a psychologist but it's such a long road to get there!

46c99c21-fb13-43d9-86e4-33c571a2e3cc_zps

say you'll see me again, even if it's just in your wildest dreams

purple.is.a.fruit

marshmallow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

I suffer from severe anxiety, depression, bipolar 2, intracranial hypertension (pressure on the brain), swollen intestines plus other swollen organs in my body, a failing liver and a weak immune system, so I'm currently not working and I'm on the pension. I pray for the day I am better and not in pain and spending most of my time in hospital or at the doctors, so I can become a pre school worker. I'm a qualified cook and used to work in a restaurant.

I really hope you get better and are able to become a preschool worker :)

OFFLINE   Manda_89

Manda_89

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Well about a month ago I was a student. But I am currently unemployed because I'm waiting to have surgery before I can work. Hopefully when I do start work I can afford to be a student again next year. :)

I suffer from major depression and anxiety so I can relate to part of what you are going through, it's horrible.
I pray that you get better soon! Thinking of you! :)

OFFLINE   Daniel

Daniel

Big Brother fan

• Premium Members
  • 685 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta

I'm a student and work part-time as a counsellor and on an IT helpdesk. (very odd combination, I know!) I'm hoping one day to become a psychologist but it's such a long road to get there!

I don't see anything wrong with being a counsellor and working part time in an helpdesk enviorment, I think that can be a good thing at times.
"Everything is pretty much possible if you believe in yourself." ~ Celine Dion

purple.is.a.fruit

marshmallow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but other people seem to think there is..? Mind you, they're mostly my old fashioned relatives

OFFLINE   Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I did a diploma in Media two years ago and I've been working at a radio station a little over a year :) I do a classical music show for two hours and last year was also co hosting the drive home shows plus being weather and traffic girl haha. I also do email readings, people send me a few questions (about anything in life) and I reply with what I feel.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   paintinglilies

paintinglilies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I'm studying to become a teacher for English, German and Art in my 7th semester :) Once I've finished my degree, I plan on going abroad to work as a language assistant at an English-speaking school or university. I don't actually want to become a teacher my home country because I strongly dislike the German school system. So I'll see what I'll do when the time has come to decide :)

Edited by paintinglilies, 11 August 2012 - 03:39 AM.

OFFLINE   Kait

Kait

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Just graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Sociology, and was going to go for a Master's in Social Work and happened to find a position doing exactly what I wanted! A social worker/counselor/case worker with people with various mental disabilities. Both exhausting and fulfilling, enjoying it so far though!

OFFLINE   jeddman

jeddman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I work in retention for Foxtel...so when people call up to disconnect I have to talk them into keeping their account, it is a draaaaainerrr. <_<

I've also worked in 2 gay bars as a bartender, and in numerous call centres jobs and a phone shop.

Fun fact: when I worked in a call Centre for Optus Lea Goodrem called through and I was like 'it's Jesse, I come to the instores with my Mum...we drive up from Shepparton' and she was all 'Ohhh how are you, how's your Mum?' and started telling me a little about Delta's new album (which was just before the Delta album came out)...Lea's so lovely. Probably the only good thing to happen at that job.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,124 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Just graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Sociology, and was going to go for a Master's in Social Work and happened to find a position doing exactly what I wanted! A social worker/counselor/case worker with people with various mental disabilities. Both exhausting and fulfilling, enjoying it so far though!

I have SO MUCH admiration for anybody willing to do that sort of work. It's tough, it's almost always a learning experience and it's great to affect peoples lives (As I have seen as person who borderline works with disabled people/is a disabled person but a smart ass/frequents places of this nature for about three years now)

I did a diploma in Media two years ago and I've been working at a radio station a little over a year :) I do a classical music show for two hours and last year was also co hosting the drive home shows plus being weather and traffic girl haha. I also do email readings, people send me a few questions (about anything in life) and I reply with what I feel.

I want to do that, spreading music is always fun!

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   Kait

Kait

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I have SO MUCH admiration for anybody willing to do that sort of work. It's tough, it's almost always a learning experience and it's great to affect peoples lives (As I have seen as person who borderline works with disabled people/is a disabled person but a smart ass/frequents places of this nature for about three years now)

I want to do that, spreading music is always fun!

Yeah, it's a tough job but someone's gotta do it! I love it though, can't see myself doing anything else with my life. Too bad it's non-profit and I won't make any income if I keep doing it lol, saving up to go back for my master's though :)

OFFLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

I really really really really hope and pray that you find yourself in good health soon.

I just graduated from college with a degree in media studies and journalism. I turned down a seemingly good journalism job at home in Pakistan to go back to the college I graduated from to work as an Alumni Relations and Communications person for a year. It's probably just an indirect stepping stone to what I want to do eventually but I felt I needed to contribute to the college somehow, and also I wanted to go back to America... largely for reasons of not 'fitting' into the social structures in Pakistan. That sounds harsher than it is, but at this time, it just felt right.

OFFLINE   Margarida Azevedo

Margarida Azevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I was supposed to go to University to study Fashion Design but got sick and now i'm at home,i help doing somethings here,but i'll try to go anyway not this year,but maybe next.
And just got an offer to be partner in a fashion store when i'll be the creative mind, will be dealing with a lot of fashion stuff,from making some changes in old clothes to make them more modern to making our own brand as fashion designers.

*fingers crossed*

Edited by Margarida Azevedo, 20 August 2012 - 08:23 PM.

OFFLINE   mmelissamayy

mmelissamayy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I work at my local cinema but im studying Music Managment at QUT

Melissa-May

Tumblr ~ Twitter ~ Youtube ~ Soundcloud

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Madmoohells

Madmoohells

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
I'm about to start university to do my HND in Advanced Practice of work with children & families :)

OFFLINE   aussiechick007

aussiechick007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
i'm in my 3rd year of studying biology at uni and have 2 casual jobs - one that pays well and one that gives me free pizza :)

and what i'm going to actually *do*, i have no idea!!
In six thousand years what will this mean, words from the heart or a melody?

OFFLINE   runningaway8

runningaway8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
A recently graduate Primary Teacher. Starting work soon! :)

I'm studying to become a teacher for English, German and Art in my 7th semester :) Once I've finished my degree, I plan on going abroad to work as a language assistant at an English-speaking school or university. I don't actually want to become a teacher my home country because I strongly dislike the German school system. So I'll see what I'll do when the time has come to decide :)

Haha, I'm a teacher and have a few German friends who are also teachers that I met while on exchange in Canada. Naturally we discussed the schooling system differences and they don't like it either, and I can see why. It's all pretty much streaming isn't it?

R.I.P My beautiful baby. December 1st 1997 - December 20th 2011. Best dog in the world.

1st August 2010 - 22nd February 2011: US, Canada and Bahamas!
1st November - 19th December 2011: Europe!

Moved to London: September 2012!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users