Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Gay, Straight or Bi?

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Johnnii

Johnnii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Alright guys, I have finally decided to be honest on here. After much soul searching and prayer, I have been able to identify myself as bi. I have been one of those that have thought they could just ignore the other half of my feelings, but I know that can't happen any more. And I'm not out, which has been hard for me especially these past few days. I guess its because I see all these people (celebrities and local people) that are coming out and living their life. Anderson Cooper being one that just came out yesterday, and he was one that I thought would never come out. And with some support by several people in my life that do know, I feel that it is my time to be who I really am. And right now, I'm at the stage where I am so close, but can't find something that will push me other the edge and finally have the "talk" with my parents. Opinions in the southern US and my conflicting religious views have probably been a factor.

But the past day or so, I have found common ground with my religion, feeling that God must accept me because he made me in his image. Things like this have been a constant struggle. And what also makes it hard is that my mom said that if any of her children were gay, she would love them no matter what, but believes that they would face judgement like the southern christian churches say. This pulls me in two different directions at the same time. But deep down, I think she knows. Which is why I have been praying that she just winds up asking me about it, and I can finally just say yes, instead of having to work up the courage to tell her.

Thanks for listening to my venting everyone. I know things are going to be hard, but just typing this right now gives me some peace and clarity that everything will be okay...

Hey mate, I just wanted you to know being religious myself and coming from a maronite catholic background, i been brought up in a strict environment. i havent come out to my family because of the way they think so narrowly minded. I have a dad who would kick me out of the house and an uncle who would kill me. I don't really care what people think of me because all that matters is what you think of you, only you can make you happy. I want to share with you what I believe. When God Created the world he saw that it was good, he created man and woman and saw it was good but he didn't say except if you are gay or straight, he loves us all unconditionally. God would rather us to love one another than judge one another. Love and you will be loved, judge and you will be judged. Being gay does not make you any less human, it does not make you any less Gods creation and it does not make you anyless loved by God. God doesn't judge people for who they are, he judges them for the wrongs they do. To me accepting and respecting one another unconditionally, nomatter what is the way to go, not judging them. :) I hope I have helped. To me you stated that you are bi yet you feel uncomfortable to come out, you shouldn't be because you can still love girls, i think we can both say you have feelings for guys only and you are hinding behind the word bi. Love who you are man, it's ok to be you, dont let the haters get to you, you know who you are and thats what makes you beautiful. Remember God loves you.

Edited by Johnnii, 04 July 2012 - 01:53 PM.

OFFLINE   Tyler

Tyler

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 419 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Alright guys, I have finally decided to be honest on here. After much soul searching and prayer, I have been able to identify myself as bi. I have been one of those that have thought they could just ignore the other half of my feelings, but I know that can't happen any more. And I'm not out, which has been hard for me especially these past few days. I guess its because I see all these people (celebrities and local people) that are coming out and living their life. Anderson Cooper being one that just came out yesterday, and he was one that I thought would never come out. And with some support by several people in my life that do know, I feel that it is my time to be who I really am. And right now, I'm at the stage where I am so close, but can't find something that will push me other the edge and finally have the "talk" with my parents. Opinions in the southern US and my conflicting religious views have probably been a factor.

But the past day or so, I have found common ground with my religion, feeling that God must accept me because he made me in his image. Things like this have been a constant struggle. And what also makes it hard is that my mom said that if any of her children were gay, she would love them no matter what, but believes that they would face judgement like the southern christian churches say. This pulls me in two different directions at the same time. But deep down, I think she knows. Which is why I have been praying that she just winds up asking me about it, and I can finally just say yes, instead of having to work up the courage to tell her.

Thanks for listening to my venting everyone. I know things are going to be hard, but just typing this right now gives me some peace and clarity that everything will be okay...

To me you stated that you are bi yet you feel uncomfortable to come out, you shouldn't be because you can still love girls, i think we can both say you have feelings for guys only and you are hinding behind the word bi.

Thanks for your kinds words. Helps to know that you aren't the only person out there. I do have to say something about the comment above. I would have to say that Bi is the proper term for me because I had questioned being fully into guys, but there was this girl at work that changed my entire view. I really fell for her, and was heartbroken when it didn't work out.

OFFLINE   Johnnii

Johnnii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

To me you stated that you are bi yet you feel uncomfortable to come out, you shouldn't be because you can still love girls, i think we can both say you have feelings for guys only and you are hinding behind the word bi.

Thanks for your kinds words. Helps to know that you aren't the only person out there. I do have to say something about the comment above. I would have to say that Bi is the proper term for me because I had questioned being fully into guys, but there was this girl at work that changed my entire view. I really fell for her, and was heartbroken when it didn't work out.

I think its time to ditch the gay, straight, bi, labels and relise that we are all human and we all deserve to be loved. Love should be shared between hearts not between genders. :)

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,096 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
All of the above!
sexuality is fluid!

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   Tyler

Tyler

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 419 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I just came out to my mom mere hours ago. At first I was freaking out and it was awkward, but after a deep emotional conversation later, my mom told me that she was onto this, and loves me the same. She was just afraid that I had lost my faith during the struggle (which I haven't), and is afraid of the criticism that may come my way.

I have never felt so free and now I can go forward being myself without the weight of the world on my shoulders, and I am able to tell more people I desire to know on my own terms.

Thanks to all for the support and guidance!

OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

I just came out to my mom mere hours ago. At first I was freaking out and it was awkward, but after a deep emotional conversation later, my mom told me that she was onto this, and loves me the same. She was just afraid that I had lost my faith during the struggle (which I haven't), and is afraid of the criticism that may come my way.

I have never felt so free and now I can go forward being myself without the weight of the world on my shoulders, and I am able to tell more people I desire to know on my own terms.

Wow! I think a congratulations is in order. Such a tremendous step you've made. As Miley Cyrus says - don't listen to all the people who hate, cause all they do is all make your mistakes for you, but they don't own you, I just told you.

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,096 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

It's always freeing to just SAY things you know to be true inside. I had similar problems accepting parts of myself but since just SAYING it out loud I felt so much better and unleashed!

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

That's amazing. Congrats!

OFFLINE   braveface

braveface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I joined a dating site and have been chatting to a lovely girl and she asked me out for a date on Saturday. We're gonna have a picnic at the beach. I'm so happy and excited but also really nervous.

OFFLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
If Delta were a boy, I'd be all over that.

OFFLINE   Walshy

Walshy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
If delta was a girl......which she is........I'd be completely head over heels for her......which I am :)
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Delta is one girl I'd turn straight for. ;)

OFFLINE   Johnnii

Johnnii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

I'm so happy for you right now, congrats!! :)

OFFLINE   Johnnii

Johnnii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Delta is one girl I'd turn straight for. ;)

me too ;)

OFFLINE   Walshy

Walshy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
The awkward moment when your dad asks you why you were sleep-talking saying "delta you're so beautiful" last night...
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

The awkward moment when your dad asks you why you were sleep-talking saying "delta you're so beautiful" last night...

Haha, that's rather embarrassing! I hope to god I don't sleep talk because I know what I'd be saying.

OFFLINE   Johnnii

Johnnii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Haha, that's rather embarrassing! I hope to god I don't sleep talk because I know what I'd be saying.

mind telling us what that'd be?

OFFLINE   Walshy

Walshy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta

:) yes, I left the room with a smile on my face without saying a word!
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Dirty talk about a boy that will cause raised eyebrows in my household lol.

OFFLINE   Johnnii

Johnnii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Dirty talk about a boy that will cause raised eyebrows in my household lol.

you must have the best dreams lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users