Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Hello :) Any other black sheep around here?

norway film vegan vegetarian movie trailers marketing school

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Adora

Adora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Hey guys,

I actually had this user name on the old forums, so I figured as a long-time Delta fan I'd better stick to it in case I manage to recognize any other user names and yell "Hey! I remember you, you remember me?" :P

I had just turned 17 when I first heard Delta's voice and songs, and voilá; instant fan! Now I'm about to turn 27...still wondering how that happened.

Do people tell here what they do for a living when introducing oneself? Oh well, I can say I run my own smallish business as a film editor/director/script writing & development/trailer maker/music composer. It's a typical case of graduating film school and not really knowing yet what you want to do first and in what order, so I became jack of all trades, but master of none (yet, hopefully), and you take up an odd job here and there to pay the bills. I'm leaning more and more towards making trailers and TV spots for films, though, gaining more experience and I also want to take care of the marketing and distribution, which is why I'm taking my second degree in marketing this fall. I'll be one of those 30-year-olds still in school B)

I guess I've always been the odd one out, black sheep of the family. Friends were shocked when I announced I'm taking a year off and I'll be moving to a teeny tiny remote island in a house by myself at the age of 21, where you can go weeks without seeing people. Instead of getting a 9-to-5 job, steady as can be, I wanted to be my own boss (mainly because I just suck as an employee :P ), and starting a second degree instead of children were frowned upon by several aunts. Not to mention Christmas dinners and the discussion that ensues when they ask why, oh why, on this one day of the year, can I not be like everyone else and eat the frickin' meat. Oh well :)

So, that's a little about me. Would love to get a few replies where you include what makes you the black sheep of your family/community, or how you just stand out in some way, anything's interesting! :)

xoxo
Adora
"There was so much beauty in your soul, Erik, so much beauty that I fear now, because of an old man's folly, will never see the light of day.

In darkness you came to me.
And in darkness you left. . . ."

Giovanni 1844 - 1846, "Phantom" by Susan Kay

OFFLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,388 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Welcome Adora. Im sorry im not the black sheep of the family. But i do have my own buisiness.

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

OFFLINE   Adora

Adora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
What kind of business do you have, Marco? :)
"There was so much beauty in your soul, Erik, so much beauty that I fear now, because of an old man's folly, will never see the light of day.

In darkness you came to me.
And in darkness you left. . . ."

Giovanni 1844 - 1846, "Phantom" by Susan Kay

OFFLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,388 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

What kind of business do you have, Marco? :)

Glazier buisiness.

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,831 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Welcome back Adora :)

OFFLINE   Walshy

Walshy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Hi Adora :)
Posted Image

OFFLINE   tino2003

tino2003

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Welcome Adora :)
Good Day Everywhere!!!

@@tino2003maier

OFFLINE   innocent___eyes

innocent___eyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Hello Adora,

Nice to meet you
Realy love your country been there many times.
Someday i would like to move to Norway

Innocent Eyes - Not Me, Not I Butterfly - A Year Ago Today Out Of The Blue - The Analyst - Mistaken Identity - Extraordinary Day - Be Strong - In My Own Time - Miscommunication - Electric Storm - Sanctuary - Last Night On Earth - This Is Not Me - Throw It Away - Will You Fall For Me - Fragile - You Are My Rock - Flawed Nobody Listened Disorientated - A Little Too Late - Believe Again - The Guardian - Bare Hands - Possessionless God Laughs - Brave Face - You Will Only Break My Heart - One Day - Angels In The Room Take Me Home - Breathe In, Breathe Out - Child Of The Universe - Touch - Wish You Were Here Sitting On Top Of The World - I'm Not Ready - Hunters And The Wolves - Dancing With A Broken Heart - Hypnotized - Safe To Believe - The Speed Of Life - War On Love - I Lost All Love 4 You - When My Stars Come Out - Control - UncoveredHow A Dream Looks - Silence Be Heard - Together We Are One - Waiting on forever - Fever - Right here waiting - Days go by - Fortune of Love - Turn you Away- Never Fades Away - Unsure- Love - Hear me Calling - Here i am - Beautiful Madness - I Don't Care The RiddleVisualise

" No point in talking what you should have been. And regretting the things that went on. Life's full of mistakes, destinies and fate. Remove the clouds, look at the bigger picture."  (quote from Delta Goodrem)

OFFLINE   chrissy__

chrissy__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
aww, my great grandma actually is from Norway! (:

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,098 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Hey.
You seem pretty daring :D

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: norway, film, vegan, vegetarian, movie trailers, marketing school

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users