Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Dancing With A Broken Heart - Second Single

• Please log in to reply
1452 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   JimJim

JimJim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Mix is flogging it in Melbourne to coincide with their competition, if they aren't playing the song, they are playing the ads promoting it/her.

That being said, I agree, #1 is incredibly unlikely. I think she'd be lucky to get top 5 with this, I can see it being top 10 for at least a couple of weeks though. Even though I do like this song, it is a weak choice to lead into an album release.

Edited by JimJim, 04 August 2012 - 08:28 PM.

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,020 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Mix is flogging it in Melbourne to coincide with their competition, if they aren't playing the song, they are playing the ads promoting it/her.

That being said, I agree, #1 is incredibly unlikely. I think she'd be lucky to get top 5 with this, I can see it being top 10 for at least a couple of weeks though. Even though I do like this song, it is a weak choice to lead into an album release.

I just think it's so under developed for this era of dance music and electronic manipulation in music. It could've been so much better and so much more emotional. To me it sounds like one of those "Insert A Beat behind a acoustic ballad" remixes, opposed to it's own THING, like the vocals could've been different to fit the song more, the song could've been more dynamic, the piano could've been included and I dunno, just...MORE emotional depth and feelings included.

I have no doubt a Top 10 or 5 is in it's future, maybe for a good while.

I think she should focus on CONTINUAL promotion, not just one or two weeks of hardcore promo, but up until this album's release keep it out in the world, remind people that it exists, espouse it's universality, et cetera. Chat to random internet gossip websites (The Veronicas did that) just, remain present and encourage presence of the songs in the minds of the people.
Also maybe show off other tracks off the album, in case this song back fires.

Then if she remains present for this little bit she'll be more able to go, else where and release else things and focus on other places for a good three months.

Edited by delbrit, 04 August 2012 - 09:43 PM.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   possessionless*

possessionless*

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I have a bad feeling about the charting of DWABH... I haven't heard it on radio yet either.. Like most of us! I haven't heard about it on 'most added to radio' lists or whatever and I think radio is crucial for its success... As this will increase awareness and exposure which, if ppl like it, means a good charting position.

Sure Mix stations may be playing it, but I don't think they are the most popular stations.. And they play a lot of old, adult contemporary music, unlike nova and 2dayfm.. Where she shud be played most.. As I feel that dancing genre is best targeted.

So far, I have a feeling the single will be a 'flop' like believe again where it will chart mildly decent in the first week (due to instores n promo) n then continually and massively dropping thereafter. I think the only way to fix this is more public appearances with a killer performance as well as radio playing it more.. But hey this was the case with believe again where she did perform it a lot and it still dissappear off the charts within weeks!

I don't think it's looking good unfortunately!

OFFLINE   Kade

Kade

Regina Phalange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
DWABH deserves to smash so much harder than SOTOTW. I hope Sony gets its act together and makes this a success.

nk93QbA.png

OFFLINE   Walshy

Walshy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta

DWABH deserves to smash so much harder than SOTOTW. I hope Sony gets its act together and makes this a success.

I agree hope it does well love DWABH so much !
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,371 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Preordered my copies ! :)

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

OFFLINE   andy.987

andy.987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
All the negative thoughts and doubts have made me not listen to the song (as much) anymore lol

OFFLINE   andy.987

andy.987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
It's a great song, we've just gotta give it time and see where it heads

OFFLINE   bare_hands

bare_hands

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 940 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
i love the song so much her vocals are amazing the beat well is not deltaish but shes trying a new sound this song is way better then sototw imo

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I will listen to it more when I can download it and listen to it on my phone :) until then im not really able to listen to it a lot!

tumblr_mdy28gi4sp1r3qj73o4_500.gif

OFFLINE   Lindsay_S

Lindsay_S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Tell me, did you guys listen to the radio for SOTOTW when it was out? And have you all be requesting it?

OFFLINE   JessieKirby

JessieKirby

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 55 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I love this single ! Makes me Feel all in a dancy mood!! :) XX helps with doing the house work too!! :wub:

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Tell me, did you guys listen to the radio for SOTOTW when it was out? And have you all be requesting it?

I think people requested it a lot, there should still be a thread here somewhere regarding this topic :)

tumblr_mjnpyvhkSl1qeo225o1_400.png
"All I got is this heart that I am willing to lose, I know in this life - I give it everything."

"Found a girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long, told her I that I'd never leave."

"Just when I stopped looking I saw just how far I'd come - in this life."

"One day, we won't exist, and all the hurt will turn to dust

It is easier to shut down than to open up to trust."

OFFLINE   Lindsay_S

Lindsay_S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

I think people requested it a lot, there should still be a thread here somewhere regarding this topic :)

So if people are requesting it, then how come people ain't hearing it? Hope some better news soon as it is a really good track!

On a more exciting note! Ordered my copies!

Edited by Lindsay_S, 05 August 2012 - 08:06 AM.

OFFLINE   possessionless*

possessionless*

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Where n now are people per ordering?!

OFFLINE   Kade

Kade

Regina Phalange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Where n now are people per ordering?!

http://www.sanity.co..._A_Broken_Heart

nk93QbA.png

OFFLINE   DeltaGirl

DeltaGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
if they really want it to chart well they should just risk Delta getting RSI and do another preorder your signed copy' thing!!
lol

We wont get the cds til after the album, but I'd be more inclined to buy several copies signed directly from sony than buy out ALL the copies in the shops or go via sanity :P
Stay Classy :)

OFFLINE   DeltaGirl

DeltaGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
and the prize could be tickets to an album launch :D :D :D

Or a meet and greet or something :) :)

that would be cool :D :D

OFFLINE   DeltaGirl

DeltaGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
lol

was just thinking back to a few years ago right after ICBITMH was released anf there was talk abot them not doing physical releases anymore and we on the DGOF were all freaking out.................. I'm glad that this hasnt happend w/ delta :)

OFFLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users