Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Dancing With A Broken Heart - Second Single

• Please log in to reply
1452 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,760 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
If there are I'd expect it a few weeks after as the focus should squarely be on the track. Releasing b-sides and such distracts people from the release and if they were to do what they did with I Cant Break It To My Heart and make an EP of it for a cheap price, it damages the single doing well as EP's go towards the album chart and not the track chart.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   DeltaGirl

DeltaGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I still am thinking there'll be single 1 and 2

Just have a feeling.

They probably know though that the only people who will buy the physical release will be the die hard delta nuts and if they didn't give us a physical single they'd be bombed with complaints...

I personally think they didnt want 1000s of angry delta fans begging and crying lol

I quite like the cover - love that the new Delta font is the same as SOTOTW, its more mature than the IE one but a shit load better than the Delta era one
Stay Classy :)

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,896 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

POPULAR

You guys are so silly. I've made a much better cover. Thanks.

Posted Image

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   Adam :)

Adam :)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Amazing artin - nobody can top that. I think it should be the official cover art - how did they not think of that first? I love the stars adds some meaning!

So I stand on this hill
With my flag held high
With the will to survive
Bullets flying by
Broken hears scattered on this battlefield
Holding out for something real
I won't give up
I won't give in
I fight for hope in this
WAR ON LOVE

OFFLINE   Palmaceous

Palmaceous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Posted Image

stunning

Posted Image

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Adore that single cover so much!!!!

tumblr_mdy28gi4sp1r3qj73o4_500.gif

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,272 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I think it's my favourite single cover to date. Yeah the font could be moved across a little but it doesn't really bother me too much. The first two covers of this era are way better than the previous eras.

2nu8181.png

"Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx" - Delta Goodrem

OFFLINE   MissToastie

MissToastie

Claire Voyant.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Utterly disappointed with no b side. Delta b sides are usually better than the song single. Gutted.

2cfz51j.gif

OFFLINE   charmedchick

charmedchick

Let the silence be heard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Loooooove the cover!!! :wub:

And wut. No b-side? What a wasted opportunity. Hopefully itunes will have something different to the physical copy....

No matter where the seasons fall
No matter how the dice will roll
In the end the here and now is all we have, don’t look back

Posted Image

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Green eyes I totally just agreed with your whole post! You always sum things up so well :) It does seem odd to put out DWABH as a dance number and it not be what the album will sound like. You may get some fans for the time being but some may defect when they hear the rest of the album and it's not what they expected! Hopefully this won't happen but does seem a strange approach.

I've been screwed over by artists releasing great songs which fit there natural selves and then brought the album and it was just a clusterfuck of awful unexpected not fitting the song which drove me there.
Off putting much!

You guys are so silly. I've made a much better cover. Thanks.

Posted Image

Artin

Prefer this, accurate rep' of the song, in my mind.

Not even kidding, I need/love that tongue in cheek stuff Delta did in the MI era.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   In_This_Life

In_This_Life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
The single cover is stunning

OFFLINE   Cookie

Cookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
I adore the single cover, Delta looks absolutely gorgeous... Not bothered that much with the font to be honest :). I'm still hoping that there's gonna be some kind of secret B-side available haha, it's really disappointing if there isn't, like MissToastie said, her B-sides are soo good and sometimes even better than her singles!

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,760 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Right now, Maroon 5 + Justice Crew are selling more than what Carly Rae was selling when she outdid Delta.

Its so annoying they pushed back the digital release a week. At least with a release tomorrow, it could grow and reach a great starting point for next Friday which would grow and grow as it got bigger on radio and promotion increased. I'm just hoping they have a really big promotional opportunity planned. I do wonder what Delta will do with her time August 7, 8 and 9 leading up to the August 10 release. If she could get on top of social media it would help the song reach quick level of success digitally which is very important. I also think a really massive point of promotion should be exercised; Big Brother debuts at night on August 12, this would work very well.

I mean its quite possible that I am underestimating the power of Delta's fanbase. She actually did really well digitally with Sitting On Top Of The World:

Friday April 13 - Day of Release
9.30AM: #70
11AM: #37
2PM: #24
9PM: #17
10PM: #15
1AM: #11

Reaching #11 in 24 hours is friggin ridiculous. Like unheard of, brilliant, amazing. And that was without the Logies.

Unfortunately from there it dropped to #14 over the weekend, which is what happens; the general public download known hits over the weekend before reverting to new songs during weekdays. However with the Logies + The Voice premiering on April 15th, SOTOTW rose to #9 at 10PM, #6 at 11PM then #3 at 9AM on the Monday going to #2 at 3.30PM and staying there for the rest of the week.

Delta was #3 on the ARIA digital charts (outstanding!) but unfortunately her instores were not enough to bring her to #1 with Carly Rae's single selling very strongly.

Reading that now, I am shocked. I didnt realise that SOTOTW did so well so quickly. It pretty much went Top 10 in 24 hours!
Could the same happen for Dancing With A Broken Heart?

I think the video should be released ASAP to get people excited for the release. They should not be waiting til August 10 to release it. If it is ready, release it now.

I think Maroon 5 will be #1 this week and Justice Crew #1 next week.
Sony are really smart. They have priced 'Boom Boom' at 49 cents on bandit.fm and have also offered their single as a 1.10 signed single by SMS (like Delta) which expires August 9 so I think their dedicated fans will definitely get behind that.

However I dont think that would be good for Delta to do 49 cents on bandit.fm. The reason it works for Justice Crew is cause they are already killing it on iTunes. For Delta to do that, it would ruin her chances on iTunes which is by far the biggest digital retailer. But yeah they only announced that now, yet to be seen if that 49c deal will be effective. If only they could do those sort of deals on Apple but then again that would get a negative reaction sort of like Gaga's Born This Way album being released for 99 cents on Amazon in the US. Its like cheating.

I want Dancing With A Broken Heart to go #1. If Delta is doing Adelaide as an instore it makes you think what else is she doing - what else could she do? Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne are expected but could she do more than that? Perth? Kotara? The April instores attracted far less than what Delta commanded at previous instores - I heard Melbourne only attracted 300 people which is unfortunate. If they could arrange an instore to be held in the heart of Melbourne, then it would be worth her time. Yet to be seen if Delta's team will learn from that mistake.

Dont forget, Delta did 3 instores for I Cant Break It To My Heart and the single only peaked at #13. The reasoning behind that is that the album had already been released and hence fans who already had the song would have no need to download it. I think DWABH will at least go Top 3 on debut but it will be difficult to compete with Maroon 5 + Justice Crew who are selling more than what Carly Rae was...

Posted Image

OFFLINE   FABIO

FABIO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
What an amazing stunningly visual single cover. So classy and tasteful. Although Im not a fan of the font of the title.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Just as long as it gets top 5 and is there for a few weeks I'll be happy! I still haven't heard it on radio so disappointing. I hate how radios don't support Australian music enough - at least they don't in Tasmania!

So I stand on this hill
With my flag held high
With the will to survive
Bullets flying by
I won't give up
I won't give in
I fight for hope in this
WAR ON LOVE

OFFLINE   Andrew

Andrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Agree with Brad about the Melbourne Instore. Plenty Valley was too far from the central parts of Melbourne ....

An instore somewhere in or around the city would draw in so many more people!

Posted Image

Thanks for the memories. X

http://lookingforane...yout.tumblr.com

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Sanity Entertainment@sanityonline
@terry_teamdelta It's just a 1 track single sadly :(

Really? One track single?? What about acoustic version + remixes???

Are they for real ... seriously?
She has to have oddles of songs that she can choose from for bsides...

At least, the physical might have a bside(s)... if the physical just has the acoustic that's a bit disappointing even.. like i feel we should at least get one new song ... bummer :(

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Sanity were talking about the physical copy.

So I stand on this hill
With my flag held high
With the will to survive
Bullets flying by
I won't give up
I won't give in
I fight for hope in this
WAR ON LOVE

OFFLINE   Marco

Marco