Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Dancing With A Broken Heart - Second Single

• Please log in to reply
1452 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^haha, no I really didn't realize that because she's famous but not that super beloved famous in Europe! She's just one of those bigger artists but not the #1 Queen. Wow, didn't know that, thanks!

tumblr_mjnpyvhkSl1qeo225o1_400.png
"All I got is this heart that I am willing to lose, I know in this life - I give it everything."

"Found a girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long, told her I that I'd never leave."

"Just when I stopped looking I saw just how far I'd come - in this life."

"One day, we won't exist, and all the hurt will turn to dust

It is easier to shut down than to open up to trust."

ONLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

I dont think you realise how big Pink is in Australia. Everytime she tours, she breaks records. 660 000 Australians attended her concert. We have a population of 21 million. She performed 58 concerts here. Most artists perform about 3 (one in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane) when they tour here. And as I said previously, her last album went #1 for the first 13 weeks and the album before that went #1 for the first 9 weeks. Its just illogical for Delta to try to compete with that level of success, with an artist from the same record label as her, when the most important thing for Delta's career is to re-establish herself as a success in Australia. Its not like 'oh this is a big artist releasing an album' - this is THE big artist. (Michael Buble too). I hope I've made sense of that. I do however think Delta could get away with releasing on Pink's 5th week which would be October 19. We'll see what happens.

The way I see it, if Delta was to be in Australia from now until the end of the year, she would receive another backlash because we dont want too much from our artists. We want them to succeed overseas and nothing could be better for Delta's image than success in the US. Thats the truth.

58 shows!? Wow. You Australians really have it for Pink, don't you? It's like how no one got Anastasia in America, but all of Europe LOVED her.

Honestly, the I don't think Delta's priority after Australia should be the UK/Europe. Don't kill me, but I think she should eventually get there but she should release in the US, once the American momentum starts building, it translates very easily in Europe.

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I dont know Brad... but i hope Delta doesnt delay any further... like october and november are looking more likely and i wont be surprised and i guess there are smarts to the idea ... but i guess if they do that, then Delta will just disappear at the end of august and hype/momentum will be lost again. until october .. id really like to see her start releasing singles closely and just go for it now....not more of this stop/ start stuff

As for america, i really dont see it happening in 2012 .. or anywhere else bar New Zealand maybe this year... she just has to rebuild in australia first. November is too late in the year to try... all the major labels save their big albums for the final quarter/ holiday season.. she wouldnt stand a chance ... November is way too late.. even October is the start of this competitve season really so she has left it too late for 2012.. I think she should work so hard too re establish her music in Australia from now til the end and just focus on that alone

I disagree. I think with the August 6-17 promotion - it gets the ball rolling. Like it takes a while for a song to make an impact - just because it goes #1, does not mean the general public have heard it. That was the case with Reece Mastin's Shout It Out. It went to #1 a week ago on its first week due to his loyal fan base but dropped to #12, #21 and now #25 with no accreditation. I still havent heard the single and just because his single went to #1, does not mean it made an impact and would do little to create hype for the album.

Whereas with Delta going to all the radio stations and getting this song off to a good start, the hope is that it continues to succeed on radio and on the charts for the next 6 to 8 weeks so that when she returns to promote the album she has made an impact with her music.

I did do a post just before the one you quoted where I said it would make sense for Delta to do Asia + NZ from late August before coming back to Australia to release the album but I also pointed out that she could simply do that after her Australian release. I agree that if Delta were to release an album in late 2012 in the US it would not be wise since all the record companies would be flogging their more popular artists but my point was that she would go straight from Australia to America and spend 6-8 weeks getting the first single big on radio (and perhaps also performing on The Voice US) as singles in the US take a very very long long time to get added, played all around the US and for In This Life for example it took 4 months for it to reach a reasonable level of success because songs need time to grow. Unfortunately for In This Life, it went recurrent which meant as it was not in the Top 15 after 20 weeks which sucked cause she was like #18 around then. With more promotion towards the start of the American campaign, she can avoid that and I feel by January her first American single will be starting to take off which she can capitalise on, in between filming the Blind Auditions (perhaps January/February) and Battle Stages (March?) and then release the album in March in America. I feel that will be the best for Delta's career cause that way she can go to the US after The Voice and capitalise on her success with the second single and then go all around the world from there in late 2013.

Of course Delta would kill in Australia off the back of two successful impacting singles and probably releasing a third just to bring attention to the album in late October for a November album release. Which is even better timing then say a September album release as she can capitalise on Christmas sales.

This is a little OT but....honestly, guys, if we always say 'no she can't release now because Artist X is releasing and NO she won't be able to release next month because XY might have a comeback' - then really, NEVER would be the perfect timing for Delta's album lol Because there will ALWAYS be other artists releasing stuff. And maybe they should be afraid of Delta, too.

I dont think you realise how big Pink is in Australia. Everytime she tours, she breaks records. 660 000 Australians attended her concert. We have a population of 21 million. She performed 58 concerts here. Most artists perform about 3 (one in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane) when they tour here. And as I said previously, her last album went #1 for the first 13 weeks and the album before that went #1 for the first 9 weeks. Its just illogical for Delta to try to compete with that level of success, with an artist from the same record label as her, when the most important thing for Delta's career is to re-establish herself as a success in Australia. Its not like 'oh this is a big artist releasing an album' - this is THE big artist. (Michael Buble too). I hope I've made sense of that. I do however think Delta could get away with releasing on Pink's 5th week which would be October 19. We'll see what happens.

Greeneyes basically said what I would have said in reference to your reply to me, Brad!! I agree, I could see Delta going to NZ or asia for a bit of time at the end of august/beginning of september before d releases her album but I cant see further than that right now. I would LOVE delta to come to the UK and europe - believe me!! it would be such a dream! But i just cant see it happening so soon. I feel for delta to make the best and right kind of impact on the UK/Euro market it would be good for her to come over on the back of a successful album release in australia. I also feel delta needs to have an album that will be released not long after the single is released. i dont think it would work well if delta came and released one single in september and then disappeared again until late december/early jan to release the album.

i dont know about america, im never really sure of how it works. i get the impression an early single release would work well there for it to build momentum but i just cant see it happening, especially the way things have gone so far! i say the best thing for delta is really concentrate on australia, do the best she can there, really get the album do well, do a tour, be on all the tv shows she can be, show australia she is back and then go international on the high of it all!

I honestly dont think UK/Europe cares if Delta has a successful album in Australia. I mean maybe the record companies a little but considering she has already had 8 #1 singles and 3 #1 albums, what difference is it to have another one, you know what I mean? I think a successful campaign in America is what will truly matter when releasing in the UK/Euro market which I think Delta can start tackling in late August to eventually make an impact for February. Then she can do UK/Europe after The Voice in August 2013. That just makes sense

The way I see it, if Delta was to be in Australia from now until the end of the year, she would receive another backlash because we dont want too much from our artists. We want them to succeed overseas and nothing could be better for Delta's image than success in the US. Thats the truth.

^ yeah well i mean, i don't see why Delta should be so afraid of them all - she is a great artist and her fans support her and are so craving for this new album so surely this is a good time to release...or this vicious circle will never end lol

I agree. Delta is a massive artist. Just nowhere near as big as Pink.

I see where you are coming from completely Brad and do not get me wrong I TOTALLY respect what you have to say and your views - you have an impressive knowledge of how things work music business wise.
I am purely speaking from a UK fan perspective. And im sorry but the UK does care about success. In interviews what would sound better and current if she were to be asked:
interviewer:'so you have released your new album in australia, its been at number 1 for .....[however many weeks], and now your back in the UK ready to release a new single and brand new album?'
Delta: 'yep the new album has been amazing, already platinum and now im really excited to bring it over to the UK for all my amazing fans.'
Interviewer: 'ok so delta's brand new single is out on the....followed by the album out on the... is that right Delta?'
Delta: 'yep the album will be out on the...'
Or if it went like:
Interviewer: 'ok so you havent released an album for 5 years in australia and 7years in europe. when can we expect the new album you have been working on? Delta: 'well..its not out in australia but will be soon in the next month or so. hopefully all will go well with it'
Interviewer: 'ok, well when can the uk expect the new album?'
Delta: 'oh sometime early next year.'
Interviewer: 'for now here is delta's brand new single.'

Personally I just think it well be much better and delta will be taken far more seriously as an artist if she has a record to talk about thats OUT currently, that has a name and that is released, and that has the potentional to be OUT in the UK within a month of her promotional visit there. but tbh i would take anything from delta over here!! i just want her to be successful again :(

But again thats my own personal view.

With what you said about America I completely agree and I really hope Delta and her team do this and take the advantage and time to get the first single up and doing really well!

Edited by rachelm, 01 August 2012 - 09:22 AM.

tumblr_mdy28gi4sp1r3qj73o4_500.gif

OFFLINE   x3fig

x3fig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
If she's having an instore in Adelaide, doesn't that mean that we will most likely be getting a physical single cos she has to sign something right? :)

OFFLINE   charmedchick

charmedchick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

If she's having an instore in Adelaide, doesn't that mean that we will most likely be getting a physical single cos she has to sign something right? :)

I'd say so! Yay! :D

No matter where the seasons fall
No matter how the dice will roll
In the end the here and now is all we have, don’t look back

Posted Image

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ just wondered the same in the adelaide thread - would be so cool! ^_^

tumblr_mjnpyvhkSl1qeo225o1_400.png
"All I got is this heart that I am willing to lose, I know in this life - I give it everything."

"Found a girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long, told her I that I'd never leave."

"Just when I stopped looking I saw just how far I'd come - in this life."

"One day, we won't exist, and all the hurt will turn to dust

It is easier to shut down than to open up to trust."

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,678 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I see where you are coming from completely Brad and do not get me wrong I TOTALLY respect what you have to say and your views - you have an impressive knowledge of how things work music business wise.
I am purely speaking from a UK fan perspective. And im sorry but the UK does care about success. In interviews what would sound better and current if she were to be asked:
interviewer:'so you have released your new album in australia, its been at number 1 for .....[however many weeks], and now your back in the UK ready to release a new single and brand new album?'
Delta: 'yep the new album has been amazing, already platinum and now im really excited to bring it over to the UK for all my amazing fans.'
Interviewer: 'ok so delta's brand new single is out on the....followed by the album out on the... is that right Delta?'
Delta: 'yep the album will be out on the...'
Or if it went like:
Interviewer: 'ok so you havent released an album for 5 years in australia and 7years in europe. when can we expect the new album you have been working on? Delta: 'well..its not out in australia but will be soon in the next month or so. hopefully all will go well with it'
Interviewer: 'ok, well when can the uk expect the new album?'
Delta: 'oh sometime early next year.'
Interviewer: 'for now here is delta's brand new single.'

Personally I just think it well be much better and delta will be taken far more seriously as an artist if she has a record to talk about thats OUT currently, that has a name and that is released, and that has the potentional to be OUT in the UK within a month of her promotional visit there. but tbh i would take anything from delta over here!! i just want her to be successful again :(

But again thats my own personal view.

With what you said about America I completely agree and I really hope Delta and her team do this and take the advantage and time to get the first single up and doing really well!

I agree that a successful Australian album would be better than nothing but I dont feel its enough to get her on all the radio shows and TV shows in the first place. It can be as simple as Delta not getting attention because she is now a 'nobody' in the eyes of the UK/Europe market. Eissa put it perfectly below:

Honestly, I don't think Delta's priority after Australia should be the UK/Europe. Don't kill me, I think she should eventually get there but she should release in the US, and then once the American momentum starts building, it translates very easily in Europe.

Delta wants world domination, shes still hungry for it as shown by her 2012 Vogue interview ("I want to be the best in the world" "right now is the best time of my life to take flight") so I feel doing the US first and then UK/Europe off the back of that is what she will do.

I CANT BELIEVE I WAS RIGHT!!! I predicted that Delta's team would do instores for the second week and they are! I feel that the physical single will be released on August 10 because artists have a much better chance of hitting #1 on the 2nd week than the debut week which grows.

THE RELEASE IS IN TWO FUCKING DAYS! Oh my God!

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Adam :)

Adam :)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Still praying for a Hobart instore hahahahahahahahahahahah.... would be nice though!

I would be first in line!!! Cant believe the release is in 2 days - I still haven't heard it on the radio - hopefully it's getting a bit more exposure on the mainland!

So I stand on this hill
With my flag held high
With the will to survive
Bullets flying by
Broken hears scattered on this battlefield
Holding out for something real
I won't give up
I won't give in
I fight for hope in this
WAR ON LOVE

OFFLINE   Memories

Memories

Memories

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
2 Days Until "Offical Delta Goodrem Website" arrives and "Dancing with a Broken Heart" is out! Now... We just need the fourth album! How many B-sides (if any) do you think will be on the single? I am hoping for at least two!

Any ideas for songs you wish to hear for B-side singles?

bannerMemories05b_zpsd55c0aaa.png

Thanks to thaisdramaqueen

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,025 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Hopefully whenever this single comes out she'll finally start spilling deets on this damn album so I can refer to it with an actual name and not a wank about it 's untitledness ^_^ ;)

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Yay !! Delay....why am i not surprised ?!

eb979414-4f14-4146-b909-21bfdcdbe2b6_zps

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   bare_hands

bare_hands

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
oh my thats no surprise at all is 10th of august

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Wheres the delay?

So I stand on this hill
With my flag held high
With the will to survive
Bullets flying by
I won't give up
I won't give in
I fight for hope in this
WAR ON LOVE

OFFLINE   yvi

yvi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
...seriously? Oh. Wow. Surprise.

tumblr_mlrwyw9RjF1qbq2c0o1_250.png

hold on &' be strong.

OFFLINE   charmedchick

charmedchick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Delay? What delay? If you're referring to the 10th of August that's when the Adelaide instore is... :unsure:

No matter where the seasons fall
No matter how the dice will roll
In the end the here and now is all we have, don’t look back

Posted Image

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
And the 10th is supposedly when the physical single will be released? Who knows. But I think everything is on track for the digital song on Friday. So let's get onto iTunes and download! I can't wait!!!

So I stand on this hill
With my flag held high
With the will to survive
Bullets flying by
I won't give up
I won't give in
I fight for hope in this
WAR ON LOVE

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Her official website states that the song will be released on the 10th, so I think that's the delay everyone's talking about. I think the itunes release has been pushed back.

OFFLINE   chilloutman

chilloutman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
oh why am I not surprised...

When I get knocked out

Before you count to ten

I'll get up again

And if I get knocked down

After I hit the floor

I'll be coming back at you

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Pfft will be a good promo tour then...

So I stand on this hill
With my flag held high
With the will to survive
Bullets flying by
I won't give up
I won't give in
I fight for hope in this
WAR ON LOVE

OFFLINE   DeltaGirl

DeltaGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I'm hoping this means Sony knows whats best for Delta by delaying it a week :)

And I mean, we cant own the song yet but its not like we cant just listen to Artins video any time we want, we just can't pay for it yet and if there is a b-side or physical release, cant have that yet,
But we've stil got the song.
Maye on the 3rd we'll get the video or cover art though?
I dont think its all bad, we've stil got the song :)
Stay Classy :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users