Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Special memory with a Delta song (lets share)

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   innocent___eyes

innocent___eyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I really would like to know if there are more people on this forum who have a special memory with a Delta song?
If so witch song would you like to choose and whats your story behind it?

Believe again is song for me who reminds me that after rain comes sunshine.
For me its support in each way and day.

I did have an accident when i heard the song.
After that moment my world changes.
I didnt recognize me anymore, i was changed as a person.
Always hard working for an unhappy goal not aware of the beautiful things of life.
Meeting people who are not good for me in anyway.
After that accident i met my guardian angel (yes i'm a little spiritual)
She or he saves me.
It was a tough time but i really grew as a person.
Now i enjoy the beautiful things of life.
I realy love to help people in many ways.
Gives me such a good feeling and it is for a happy goal.

If you like to share please do i would love to hear your story :D

Innocent Eyes - Not Me, Not I Butterfly - A Year Ago Today Out Of The Blue - The Analyst - Mistaken Identity - Extraordinary Day - Be Strong - In My Own Time - Miscommunication - Electric Storm - Sanctuary - Last Night On Earth - This Is Not Me - Throw It Away - Will You Fall For Me - Fragile - You Are My Rock - Flawed Nobody Listened Disorientated - A Little Too Late - Believe Again - The Guardian - Bare Hands - Possessionless God Laughs - Brave Face - You Will Only Break My Heart - One Day - Angels In The Room Take Me Home - Breathe In, Breathe Out - Child Of The Universe - Touch - Wish You Were Here Sitting On Top Of The World - I'm Not Ready - Hunters And The Wolves - Dancing With A Broken Heart - Hypnotized - Safe To Believe - The Speed Of Life - War On Love - I Lost All Love 4 You - When My Stars Come Out - Control - UncoveredHow A Dream Looks - Silence Be Heard - Together We Are One - Waiting on forever - Fever - Right here waiting - Days go by - Fortune of Love - Turn you Away- Never Fades Away - Unsure- Love - Hear me Calling - Here i am - Beautiful Madness - I Don't Care The RiddleVisualise

" No point in talking what you should have been. And regretting the things that went on. Life's full of mistakes, destinies and fate. Remove the clouds, look at the bigger picture."  (quote from Delta Goodrem)

OFFLINE   Margarida Azevedo

Margarida Azevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Two years ago i found out i was born with 2 sydromes,well i was aware that something was wrong with me since ever because i had 'symptoms'.Last year i did an ultrasound and they found me a 8cm tumor in my ovary, i was sent to the Oncology Institute two months ago and i had surgery in the middle of the surgery they found another one and it revealed that i have some kind of disease in my ovaries and when i was hospitalized they noticed something in my heart wasn't right,and i'll do some tests to figure out what's happening,and through all of this Delta helped me everyday,and especially Be Strong those lyrics "Are you swimming up stream in oceans of blue/Do you feel like your sinking?/Are you sick of the rain after all you've been through?" and "When you're like a single flower whose colours have turned to shades of gray /Well hang on and be strong " (actually my name is the name of a flower and my skin turned a bit gray)

The whole Mistaken Identity helped :)
Thank thank thank you Delta!

Edited by Margarida Azevedo, 20 June 2012 - 09:57 PM.

OFFLINE   Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Innocent Eyes been my fave since i've been a 11 year old and last night they played it at my 21st party... massive Awwwwwwwwwwwww love that song and it was really special.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Well
Not Me Not I and to a lesser degree Slience Be Heard
were my songs to play when I was sad after this guy made me sad in 2005.
Totally helped my Wangsty phase.
I mean it wasn't wangst at the time and he REALLY had hardcore communication issues, but I find it hysterical in hindsight...

bonus:
Sanctuary right now reminds me of this guy I met two years ago <3 He's so calm <3

Edited by delbrit, 19 June 2012 - 06:03 PM.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

innocent___eyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Margarida, Zoe, Delbrit, thank you so much for sharing your story.
Personally for me its also an oppurtinity to know you all better.
Knowing who is the person behind this nickname and what his/her story.
Really love to read it, hopefully other forum fans have the same opinion.
If there are more volunteers? feel free and share and know eachother better.

Wishing you all the best in goodness, sickness, love, luck and health :lol:

Innocent Eyes - Not Me, Not I Butterfly - A Year Ago Today Out Of The Blue - The Analyst - Mistaken Identity - Extraordinary Day - Be Strong - In My Own Time - Miscommunication - Electric Storm - Sanctuary - Last Night On Earth - This Is Not Me - Throw It Away - Will You Fall For Me - Fragile - You Are My Rock - Flawed Nobody Listened Disorientated - A Little Too Late - Believe Again - The Guardian - Bare Hands - Possessionless God Laughs - Brave Face - You Will Only Break My Heart - One Day - Angels In The Room Take Me Home - Breathe In, Breathe Out - Child Of The Universe - Touch - Wish You Were Here Sitting On Top Of The World - I'm Not Ready - Hunters And The Wolves - Dancing With A Broken Heart - Hypnotized - Safe To Believe - The Speed Of Life - War On Love - I Lost All Love 4 You - When My Stars Come Out - Control - UncoveredHow A Dream Looks - Silence Be Heard - Together We Are One - Waiting on forever - Fever - Right here waiting - Days go by - Fortune of Love - Turn you Away- Never Fades Away - Unsure- Love - Hear me Calling - Here i am - Beautiful Madness - I Don't Care The RiddleVisualise

" No point in talking what you should have been. And regretting the things that went on. Life's full of mistakes, destinies and fate. Remove the clouds, look at the bigger picture."  (quote from Delta Goodrem)

Margarida Azevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Oh thank you,i feel like this is a good place to share our journey and feelings through Delta music and how much her own personal story has helped us.
Like you i really hope everybody share a bit of their 'ride with Delta'.
I believe that in one way or another (even if people don't notice it )her music is always inspirational and helpful.
:)
And like you said it's an opportunity to know each other better.

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
its not really a song but the whole mistaken identity album that means alot to me..
i loved it for the great lyrics and rich melodies when it was first released....

years later when my mum battled brain cancer, it just meant so much more to me.. all the themes and emotions running through the music meant so much more to me... the anger, fear and rawness, the hope and positivity.... it just became an album that i had on repeat day after day for so long...

when delta kinda tried to distance the album from her during the Delta era, i kinda felt disappointed that she didnt seem to appreciate how great her album was but at the same time i got it, she had been thru so much, raking over it again and again must have been draining for her so she had to move on...

you are my rock is probably the song i listened to most.. it really hit home those words "i've seen people come and go .. they all leave the bookmark on the story that i write "

innocent___eyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
You are my rock is also an favorite of mine i song it live on my grandma funeral.
Goosebumps but the lyrics were dedicated for my grandma.
I changed brother in grandmother in the lyrics.
She was my rock in a difficult period.
Greeneyes you have a really good taste the mistaken identity album is assome.
How is your mother now? does she knows that mistaken identiy helped you through this sad period?

OFFLINE   x_LastNightOnEarth_x

x_LastNightOnEarth_x

Done with all your bitchcraft.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
It's a silly memory, but it always makes me happy to think of it. :)

When In This Life came out, it was premiering on the radio, and I was trying to get a stream online so I could hear it. I couldn't get it to work, so I only heard the last 30 or so seconds of it. That day, I was going somewhere with one of my best friends at the time. She'd never heard of Delta, so I spent the entire time we hung out explaining to her who Delta was, and on the car ride to where we were going, I played D's songs, and she fell in love! By the time we got home, she was asking to see my Delta piano book so she could play a few songs :) Then someone sent me ITL, and we listened to it together and absolutely fell in love, and we had it on repeat all night. She slept over that night, and it was a lunar eclipse, so at 5AM, we went outside and danced down my street singing ITL. :)

We're not best friends anymore, but we still do talk, and Delta is the tie that binds, even after all these years. We still talk about her music and talk about that night. Makes me smile!

AMPY2BF.png

where tired cliches won't let us fall asleep.

OFFLINE   HilaryandDelta

HilaryandDelta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I got back surgery last october, and when I first heard Mistaken Identity, it really hit me hard on how song that song fit me.

OFFLINE   HilaryandDelta

HilaryandDelta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
and when I say last october I mean 2010 lol I'm so used to saying "last"

OFFLINE   l_and_j_rule

l_and_j_rule

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
"God Laughs" really helped me when my parents split. It was about the time that album was out, & it was comforting to have a song to listen to.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Ms-Kate

Ms-Kate

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 116 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
For me it's two songs. Born To Try: I was born 3 months prem and Drs told my parents I wouldn't survive.. I'm a fighter I guess.

Extraordinary Day; I went through a Hodgekins scare before I was diag with an autoimmune disease. I listened to this song in the days leading up to getting my results

So yeah

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
A Year Ago Today is very special to me as it reminds me of my aunt.

Margarida Azevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
A Year Ago Today is making me remember my dog who died last year...exactly 23 of June,i really miss him...

Edited by Margarida Azevedo, 20 June 2012 - 10:02 PM.

OFFLINE   Lindsay_S

Lindsay_S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Oh, theres a few, Born To Try obviously because to be quiet honest ever since I had once boss that really shattered my confidence I've never been the same, but I'm working on it and Born To Try always helps, like Delta once said each year it takes on a new meaning, its similar to me.
Lost Without you about that special someone....
In This Life to me is the song that I believe in most, (even though Sitting On top of the World has more play counts now haha)

OFFLINE   charmedchick

charmedchick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
The whole Innocent Eyes album for me really. It just instantly takes me back to being 13 years old, listening to the album on repeat for hours upon hours, collecting every single magazine that mentioned Delta, watching the "Delta" dvd, specifically the behind the scenes footage over and over, watching Lost Without You live at Channel V on repeat while I got ready for school every morning and just the general feeling of happiness everytime I heard the album :wub: In high school I was bullied a lot and used to be in tears literally everyday at school :( And someties the only thing that got me through the day was the thought of coming home and being able to lay on my bed listening to Delta. Devoting myself to Delta and my Delta collection or reading up on things on the internet or looking at new pictures was always a nice escape for me and made me feel safe. In My Own Time and This Is Not Me have a special place in my heart... I used to have them playing on my mp3 player as I fell asleep :P Listening to all the IE songs now, it just makes me nostalgic and just... peaceful. I don't really know how to explain it haha. Just a really special album for me :wub:

No matter where the seasons fall
No matter how the dice will roll
In the end the here and now is all we have, don’t look back

Posted Image

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I adore In My Own TIme because I am extremely slow and prone to procrastination, but when I get it right I GET IT REALLY RIGHT.
In both professional and romantic life.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

innocent___eyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

It's a silly memory, but it always makes me happy to think of it. :)

When In This Life came out, it was premiering on the radio, and I was trying to get a stream online so I could hear it. I couldn't get it to work, so I only heard the last 30 or so seconds of it. That day, I was going somewhere with one of my best friends at the time. She'd never heard of Delta, so I spent the entire time we hung out explaining to her who Delta was, and on the car ride to where we were going, I played D's songs, and she fell in love! By the time we got home, she was asking to see my Delta piano book so she could play a few songs :) Then someone sent me ITL, and we listened to it together and absolutely fell in love, and we had it on repeat all night. She slept over that night, and it was a lunar eclipse, so at 5AM, we went outside and danced down my street singing ITL. :)

We're not best friends anymore, but we still do talk, and Delta is the tie that binds, even after all these years. We still talk about her music and talk about that night. Makes me smile!

Wow this story makes my so happy.... lovely to read your memory and your connection to an old friend.
Friends come and go music is forever... :) wish you a lot of happiness, dancing and laughing time in the future. ;)

innocent___eyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

and when I say last october I mean 2010 lol I'm so used to saying "last"

Nice to hear that this song really helped you through this operation time.
Music could also be the right medicine in life.
Thanks for sharing this lovely one. ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users