Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Facts about Delta

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Was watching an interview on YouTube this morning of Delta doing a radio interview. She mentioned in the interview that she's allergic to chicken and champagne. Never knew that. Hardly riveting but just wanted to discuss whether you have heard or know of other interesting facts about her that you read / saw / heard.

2nu8181.png

"Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx" - Delta Goodrem

ONLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,769 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I remember Delta saying she was 12 weeks premature. Can anyone confirm this?

Posted Image

OFFLINE   aussiemusiclover

aussiemusiclover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts
I would like to know if Delta really has a nut allergy, or was that just Nina Tucker?

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

aussiemusiclover.jpg
aussiemusiclover... formerly deltaluva2.

stand-by-hird-small_zps3420ec3b.jpg

OFFLINE   MissToastie

MissToastie

Claire Voyant.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
What interview was that Paddy? What a weird thing to be allergic too - champagne! haha. I just thought she hated chicken, didn't know she was allergic.

2cfz51j.gif

OFFLINE   Walshy

Walshy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta

What interview was that Paddy? What a weird thing to be allergic too - champagne! haha. I just thought she hated chicken, didn't know she was allergic.

I'm pretty sure it was in the Nova interview.
It was in mid april
Posted Image

OFFLINE   purple.is.a.fruit

purple.is.a.fruit

marshmallow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

I remember this too.. I think this was when she made a joke that it was the only time she's been early in her whole life. But I don't remember where I heard it

46c99c21-fb13-43d9-86e4-33c571a2e3cc_zps

say you'll see me again, even if it's just in your wildest dreams

OFFLINE   MissToastie

MissToastie

Claire Voyant.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Yehhh...and her mum was in a car crash which is why Delta was prem...yeh?

2cfz51j.gif

ONLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,769 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ So it is true? I looked that up on Google but there was no explanation for that. I wanna ask her when I see her next. I told my family, cause my sister is due in 12 weeks and they were like WOAH! She would've been in hospital and it wouldve been a hard birth and everything, that makes her a miracle, blah blah and im like... i dunno. I think its true? haha

Posted Image

OFFLINE   MissToastie

MissToastie

Claire Voyant.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I'm really fascinated with things like prem births. My friend had her baby at 32 weeks and her baby was in hospital with heart problems for 14 weeks and is going to have heart problems for the rest of her life. Most prem babies have some kind of complication, especially being born at 28 weeks...and back in the 80s...hmm! But no, it was definitely 12 weeks that I heard.

2cfz51j.gif

OFFLINE   Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Yeah I remember Delta wrote on twitter how she was born very early and tiny!

Posted Image

ONLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,769 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I'm really fascinated with things like prem births. My friend had her baby at 32 weeks and her baby was in hospital with heart problems for 14 weeks and is going to have heart problems for the rest of her life. Most prem babies have some kind of complication, especially being born at 28 weeks...and back in the 80s...hmm! But no, it was definitely 12 weeks that I heard.

Its a real miracle for Delta to turn out the way she has then. I hope your friends baby has a safe life, I know what its like to have heart problems in the family - makes things hard

Posted Image

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's baby. I was born 3 months premature and I had heart problems for the first few years of my life. Thankfully, I'm completely cured now, despite the doctors saying that I would have major problems for life. I hope your friend's baby is as fortunate. I wish her all the best.

OFFLINE   MissToastie

MissToastie

Claire Voyant.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Its a real miracle for Delta to turn out the way she has then. I hope your friends baby has a safe life, I know what its like to have heart problems in the family - makes things hard

It does make things hard for sure, my mum has them, but I couldn't imagine a baby having them! She's doing pretty good but has her moments unfortunately!

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's baby. I was born 3 months premature and I had heart problems for the first few years of my life. Thankfully, I'm completely cured now, despite the doctors saying that I would have major problems for life. I hope your friend's baby is as fortunate. I wish her all the best.

I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm happy to hear you recovered! Hopefully it's the same for my friends baby.

This is Azalea's (my friends baby) foot print next to a tea spoon at 8 weeks prem.
Posted Image

(sorry for hijacking the topic haha, this stuff is just amazing and heart breaking at the same time)

2cfz51j.gif

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,901 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
If Delta is allergic to champagne, then what does she drink at functions and parties? Just water and soft drinks?

OFFLINE   braveface

braveface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I remember her talking about the car crash and being born early in a video from the National Young Leaders Day in Sydney last year. Can't find the video though :(

OFFLINE   Sophiebear

Sophiebear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

If Delta is allergic to champagne, then what does she drink at functions and parties? Just water and soft drinks?

She can still drink wine!

xo

Posted Image

OFFLINE   charmedchick

charmedchick

Let the silence be heard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

I remember this too.. I think this was when she made a joke that it was the only time she's been early in her whole life. But I don't remember where I heard it

Am pretty sure that was written in the TV Hits Delta magazine :)

No matter where the seasons fall, no matter how the dice will roll
In the end the here and now is all we have, don’t look back

5b1mjk.jpg

OFFLINE   fredandadele

fredandadele

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
wow didn't know about her being a preemie. She's done so well. If she's alleric to Champagne it's either to the type of grape used or the "fizz" part of the drink
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Margarida Azevedo

Margarida Azevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

It does make things hard for sure, my mum has them, but I couldn't imagine a baby having them! She's doing pretty good but has her moments unfortunately!

I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm happy to hear you recovered! Hopefully it's the same for my friends baby.

This is Azalea's (my friends baby) foot print next to a tea spoon at 8 weeks prem.
Posted Image

(sorry for hijacking the topic haha, this stuff is just amazing and heart breaking at the same time)

People only remember preemies,but u should worry about old newborns too,i was born with 42 weeks,i lost weight my skin was all falling i looked like a skinned rabbit,kinda disgusting,and i had health problems my whole life some related to this,so if u know somebody who passed the 39 week u should advice them to have a caesarean...Sorry to bother u all with this but i think this is important and people aren't aware.

OFFLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

It was in that one interview around the time she was promoting DELTA. It was with an old guy, and she said "shit" and everybody was like, oooh she swore. lol
She talked about how her parents were in a car accident and she was born premature and then she was in the hospital for a while. She also said that her dad bought her mom a piano (presumably the one we saw in the 60 Minutes piece) and no one ever used it until Delta began showing interest in it.
She also said in the Vogue interview that she has a weak immune system to begin with, which is likely because she was premie.

LOL You do know that there are people in this world who don't drink at all anyway, right? They do just drink water and soft drinks at functions.

Edited by Eissa, 14 June 2012 - 03:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users