Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Honoured that delta came up with an idea I had years ago.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Johnnii

Johnnii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
Hi my name is John and ive been a delta fan from the beginning, and i just thought i'd share with every one that the snippet of the song from the 60 minutes "knock, knock, knocking at the thought of your door"(music and words) was an idea that i had in my head years ago.( i love writing music on finale notepad, some songs would take me nine hours because i write note by note with the computer mouse. ive never been taught how to write properly but id love to learn and be a professional singer song writer like delta one day). Back on topic i had this idea but never knew how to bring it to life, and when i heard the snippet of delta singing and playing it i was like, hang on this sounds exactly like the idea i had in my head. i am so glad it was delta who came up with this idea and not another artist. I am so honoured. Love you delta!!! :) (not sure if this is the right thread to put this under sorry if its not. :blush: )

Edited by Johnnii, 26 July 2012 - 11:42 AM.

OFFLINE   Margarida Azevedo

Margarida Azevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Occasionally i write some lyrics and actually i wrote onecalled On Top Of The World and then Delta came out with her Sitting On Top Of The World i got really excited,so i kind understand what u're saying.... :)

Edited by Margarida Azevedo, 07 June 2012 - 08:17 AM.

OFFLINE   Johnnii

Johnnii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Occasionally i write some lyrics and actually i wrote onecalled Sitting On Top Of The World and then Delta came out with her Sitting On Top Of The World i got really excited,so i kind understand what u're saying.... :)

Cool it's the best feeling ever. B)

Edited by Johnnii, 07 June 2012 - 05:52 AM.

OFFLINE   Johnnii

Johnnii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
I got to say it would be a dream come true to write a song with delta and sing with her. :wub: But I would have to get a vocal tutor and a song writing coach to better my skills. I am unexperienced. :( Unless Delta Could help me :D wishful thinking john. :huh:

Edited by Johnnii, 07 June 2012 - 06:01 AM.

OFFLINE   Walshy

Walshy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta

Occasionally i write some lyrics and actually i wrote onecalled Sitting On Top Of The World and then Delta came out with her Sitting On Top Of The World i got really excited,so i kind understand what u're saying.... :)

okay...so im really happy for both of you and get that deja'vu moment that you guys are having but im not sure if the comment about SOTOTW was serious or a joke...:)
Posted Image

Margarida Azevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
That's true,i really did wrote one for my boyfriend as a gift....It's different from Deltas of course,and probably not that good...

Edited by Margarida Azevedo, 07 June 2012 - 08:16 AM.

Margarida Azevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
The name is On top of the world,i was thinking in what i was about to write and wrote it wrong... :wacko:

OFFLINE   Johnnii

Johnnii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

okay...so im really happy for both of you and get that deja'vu moment that you guys are having but im not sure if the comment about SOTOTW was serious or a joke... :)

If It Was A Joke I would of believed it wasn't because I am Very Gullable :wacko:

OFFLINE   Walshy

Walshy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta

The name is On top of the world,i was thinking in what i was about to write and wrote it wrong... :wacko:

ok sweet, sorry :)
Posted Image

OFFLINE   I love Delta

I love Delta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
that's cool as !!!!!!!!

OFFLINE   innocent___eyes

innocent___eyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
wow what a creativity, isnt it an idea to write some lyrics and send them to Delta?
I can imagine she really love to receive those pieces from a fan.
it will be special items and maybe you all have a change to meet Delta. :D

Edited by innocent___eyes, 15 July 2012 - 06:42 PM.

Innocent Eyes - Not Me, Not I Butterfly - A Year Ago Today Out Of The Blue - The Analyst - Mistaken Identity - Extraordinary Day - Be Strong - In My Own Time - Miscommunication - Electric Storm - Sanctuary - Last Night On Earth - This Is Not Me - Throw It Away - Will You Fall For Me - Fragile - You Are My Rock - Flawed Nobody Listened Disorientated - A Little Too Late - Believe Again - The Guardian - Bare Hands - Possessionless God Laughs - Brave Face - You Will Only Break My Heart - One Day - Angels In The Room Take Me Home - Breathe In, Breathe Out - Child Of The Universe - Touch - Wish You Were Here Sitting On Top Of The World - I'm Not Ready - Hunters And The Wolves - Dancing With A Broken Heart - Hypnotized - Safe To Believe - The Speed Of Life - War On Love - I Lost All Love 4 You - When My Stars Come Out - Control - UncoveredHow A Dream Looks - Silence Be Heard - Together We Are One - Waiting on forever - Fever - Right here waiting - Days go by - Fortune of Love - Turn you Away- Never Fades Away - Unsure- Love - Hear me Calling - Here i am - Beautiful Madness - I Don't Care The RiddleVisualise

" No point in talking what you should have been. And regretting the things that went on. Life's full of mistakes, destinies and fate. Remove the clouds, look at the bigger picture."  (quote from Delta Goodrem)

OFFLINE   markp_

markp_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
That lyric isn't from that song :)

OFFLINE   Johnnii

Johnnii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

what song it was from is beside the point. delta came up with an idea i had in my head years ago. I think you get the picture.

OFFLINE   Johnnii

Johnnii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

wow what a creativity, isnt it an idea to write some lyrics and send them to Delta?

she doesn't need to have a fan send her a piece, she is smart enough to come up with it on her own. She is pure talent.

OFFLINE   markp_

markp_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

what song it was from is beside the point. delta came up with an idea i had in my head years ago. I think you get the picture.

You're right. That is an absolute honour.

OFFLINE   innocent___eyes

innocent___eyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Totally agree with you she is a lyrics talent.
But would it be special to receive a song from a fan?
If i was a singer and you were my fan i really love to receive a song from you.
But thats my opinion.

she doesn't need to have a fan send her a piece, she is smart enough to come up with it on her own. She is pure talent.

Innocent Eyes - Not Me, Not I Butterfly - A Year Ago Today Out Of The Blue - The Analyst - Mistaken Identity - Extraordinary Day - Be Strong - In My Own Time - Miscommunication - Electric Storm - Sanctuary - Last Night On Earth - This Is Not Me - Throw It Away - Will You Fall For Me - Fragile - You Are My Rock - Flawed Nobody Listened Disorientated - A Little Too Late - Believe Again - The Guardian - Bare Hands - Possessionless God Laughs - Brave Face - You Will Only Break My Heart - One Day - Angels In The Room Take Me Home - Breathe In, Breathe Out - Child Of The Universe - Touch - Wish You Were Here Sitting On Top Of The World - I'm Not Ready - Hunters And The Wolves - Dancing With A Broken Heart - Hypnotized - Safe To Believe - The Speed Of Life - War On Love - I Lost All Love 4 You - When My Stars Come Out - Control - UncoveredHow A Dream Looks - Silence Be Heard - Together We Are One - Waiting on forever - Fever - Right here waiting - Days go by - Fortune of Love - Turn you Away- Never Fades Away - Unsure- Love - Hear me Calling - Here i am - Beautiful Madness - I Don't Care The RiddleVisualise

" No point in talking what you should have been. And regretting the things that went on. Life's full of mistakes, destinies and fate. Remove the clouds, look at the bigger picture."  (quote from Delta Goodrem)

OFFLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Ugh. First Arcade Fire, now this.

OFFLINE   Johnnii

Johnnii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Ugh. First Arcade Fire, now this.

this has nothing to do with arcade fire, by the way delta was not inspired by them when penning sitting on top of the world, delta didn't copy me she came up with the same idea as what i had years ago. I did say i was honoured she would come up with something i couldn't bring to life years ago.

OFFLINE   Johnnii

Johnnii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Totally agree with you she is a lyrics talent.
But would it be special to receive a song from a fan?
If i was a singer and you were my fan i really love to receive a song from you.
But thats my opinion.

I agree with you 120%

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users