Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

60 Minutes' interview with Delta to air on Sunday, June 3 [Video on page 7]

video interview

• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   ninafan

ninafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
you could tell that there was some questions Delta wasn't exactly comfortable with by her body language.

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,111 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

you could tell that there was some questions Delta wasn't exactly comfortable with by her body language.

Uncomfortableness is a part of life and Delta is not a baby.
I don't get everybody's over protectiveness towards Delta when 80% of the time Delta is the one to steps up to the plate and says NO to over work, or No to a fucked up relationship, or NO to spilling her guts, or NO to random singers on the Voice, or NO to dumb haters.
Delta possesses a spine and can and will say no if she's ever in a fucked up situation or is truly in danger on some level. As I said before, she's extremely wary of working herself to delirium and has made choices over the last couple of years which show she knows what she can do and can't.
She also clearly knows sometimes you have to get uncomfortable and spill your guts to get anywhere in life. That's a aesop everybody has to learn.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   Karly

Karly

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 254 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Uncomfortableness is a part of life and Delta is not a baby.
I don't get everybody's over protectiveness towards Delta when 80% of the time Delta is the one to steps up to the plate and says NO to over work, or No to a fucked up relationship, or NO to spilling her guts, or NO to random singers on the Voice, or NO to dumb haters.
Delta possesses a spine and can and will say no if she's ever in a fucked up situation or is truly in danger on some level. As I said before, she's extremely wary of working herself to delirium and has made choices over the last couple of years which show she knows what she can do and can't.
She also clearly knows sometimes you have to get uncomfortable and spill your guts to get anywhere in life. That's a aesop everybody has to learn.

I don't think ninafan was saying it at all in any protective way, i think she was just stating a fact! Not that Delta can't feel or shouldn't feel uncomfortable...just that it seemed that she was!! no big deal.

OFFLINE   purple.is.a.fruit

purple.is.a.fruit

marshmallow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
a bit late, but anyway, I quite liked the interview. Delta's reaction to the little girl saying she wanted to be famous and when she said that Nick was actually 18 were so cute haha.

she is so relatable (to me, anyway), and so lovely. can't wait to hear more of the snippet

46c99c21-fb13-43d9-86e4-33c571a2e3cc_zps

say you'll see me again, even if it's just in your wildest dreams

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,909 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

I found it very interesting that they highlighted in the interview, Delta explaining the first time she ever swore.

Delta is just like everyone of us: she does swear and does cry. Just not in public.

OFFLINE   *Daisy

*Daisy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

I also agree with Luke (exactly what I was about to say) delta never said "rebound", Vogue used that word them self. I feel as if using that word was just a ploy to make the interview sound more interesting ( like a confession) to readers, but in my opinion does no favors for delta. Most people will read it as delta confessing herself that nick was just a "rebound" which makes her look bad. When its really vogue interpretting it that way n using specific wording to get people's attention.

Now that we've seen this interview, she might not have used the word rebound here, but we can pretty much assume from what she did say that it was a rebound relationship. Which is fine. It's her life...she did say about learning a lesson in these things. When asked was she in love though...nice try Delta, nice try hahaha lol.

What a great interview, thanks Artin!

I think she said the right amount of what needed to be said. Maybe she was just tired of the tabloid fodder and wanted some of what happened to come through her own words. Regardless, I think it was fine. I'm sure Brian will have some butthurt comment soon enough.

And you are right, from Brian's twitter "I leave my car for sixty minutes and some idiot stole all my hostage equipment. Guess I have to hope @VogueWilliams can't escape. " and "A rotten apple never falls far from the tree. Unless its on the edge of a cliff".
Things just got nasty!
His 60 minutes reference ...hitting back at Delta saying she wished she'd have left sooner (as if she felt she was a hostage). I wonder how long it took him to think up that response lol. Well he's the vain one watching his ex-gf interview just to hit back on twitter with a snide remark. The way Delta worded what she said didn't push any negativity onto Brian, it just reflected how she was changing and realising things herself.

OFFLINE   *Daisy

*Daisy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
It was a good interview, I liked the song snippet. As someone said it sounds like BTT and IE era...atlast back to basics!

OFFLINE   Deltafan90

Deltafan90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
if brian has som dignity he stops with all those rude words on twitter...
on that point i hate twitter...
Delta didnt say anything nasty about him,... just that they are different people... nothing wrong with that
and yes she wanted to leave earlier in the relationship but we dont know the whole story why she wanted to leave... so we cant say anything about that ... and we;re not suppose to know,
delta did a realy great, honest and heartbreaking interview.
Love for Delta

And cant wait to hear some new songs....

OFFLINE   lilfiary

lilfiary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I also agree with Luke (exactly what I was about to say) delta never said "rebound", Vogue used that word them self. I feel as if using that word was just a ploy to make the interview sound more interesting ( like a confession) to readers, but in my opinion does no favors for delta. Most people will read it as delta confessing herself that nick was just a "rebound" which makes her look bad. When its really vogue interpretting it that way n using specific wording to get people's attention.

Now that we've seen this interview, she might not have used the word rebound here, but we can pretty much assume from what she did say that it was a rebound relationship. Which is fine. It's her life...she did say about learning a lesson in these things. When asked was she in love though...nice try Delta, nice try hahaha lol.

I think she said the right amount of what needed to be said. Maybe she was just tired of the tabloid fodder and wanted some of what happened to come through her own words. Regardless, I think it was fine. I'm sure Brian will have some butthurt comment soon enough.

And you are right, from Brian's twitter "I leave my car for sixty minutes and some idiot stole all my hostage equipment. Guess I have to hope @VogueWilliams can't escape. " and "A rotten apple never falls far from the tree. Unless its on the edge of a cliff".
Things just got nasty!
His 60 minutes reference ...hitting back at Delta saying she wished she'd have left sooner (as if she felt she was a hostage). I wonder how long it took him to think up that response lol. Well he's the vain one watching his ex-gf interview just to hit back on twitter with a snide remark. The way Delta worded what she said didn't push any negativity onto Brian, it just reflected how she was changing and realising things herself.

it's sad. She hardly talked about Brian, she didn't necessarily say anything nasty about him and she is clearly not bitter (she's all class; 'I loved him, it's over now, we are very different people'), yet he is jumping on twitter to respond cryptically but not cryptically enough for people not to understand, just to diss her and attract attention. "silence is gold", he should take his own advice and leave her alone. after all, Delta may not have a pretty (relationship) past, Brian's is still worse (the rants to and from Kerry, the stripper on his slag do, the seeing his children twice a year and then hating on their accent).

btw, Thank you so much Artin for uploading the interview! I love the snippet and I thought Delta came across as lovely but real and I especially loved her response to her sincerity being questioned, her complete lack of understanding and frustration with it, yet not falling into 'woo is me' which people might expect.

Posted Image
Open Eyes, Open Mind, Open Heart

OFFLINE   innocent___eyes

innocent___eyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I really loved the interview. it was so inspirational and open minded.
Thanks for placing this interview Artin :)

Innocent Eyes - Not Me, Not I Butterfly - A Year Ago Today Out Of The Blue - The Analyst - Mistaken Identity - Extraordinary Day - Be Strong - In My Own Time - Miscommunication - Electric Storm - Sanctuary - Last Night On Earth - This Is Not Me - Throw It Away - Will You Fall For Me - Fragile - You Are My Rock - Flawed Nobody Listened Disorientated - A Little Too Late - Believe Again - The Guardian - Bare Hands - Possessionless God Laughs - Brave Face - You Will Only Break My Heart - One Day - Angels In The Room Take Me Home - Breathe In, Breathe Out - Child Of The Universe - Touch - Wish You Were Here Sitting On Top Of The World - I'm Not Ready - Hunters And The Wolves - Dancing With A Broken Heart - Hypnotized - Safe To Believe - The Speed Of Life - War On Love - I Lost All Love 4 You - When My Stars Come Out - Control - UncoveredHow A Dream Looks - Silence Be Heard - Together We Are One - Waiting on forever - Fever - Right here waiting - Days go by - Fortune of Love - Turn you Away- Never Fades Away - Unsure- Love - Hear me Calling - Here i am - Beautiful Madness - I Don't Care The RiddleVisualise

" No point in talking what you should have been. And regretting the things that went on. Life's full of mistakes, destinies and fate. Remove the clouds, look at the bigger picture."  (quote from Delta Goodrem)

OFFLINE   HilaryandDelta

HilaryandDelta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Shes cute. I loved the boy who said "Have you lost your faith in love, and can I make you believe again?" haha. and I havent seen any drama over her laughing about Nick's age yet on twitter so thats good. haha

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Things just got nasty!

it's sad. She hardly talked about Brian, she didn't necessarily say anything nasty about him and she is clearly not bitter (she's all class; 'I loved him, it's over now, we are very different people'), yet he is jumping on twitter to respond cryptically but not cryptically enough for people not to understand, just to diss her and attract attention. "silence is gold", he should take his own advice and leave her alone. after all, Delta may not have a pretty (relationship) past, Brian's is still worse (the rants to and from Kerry, the stripper on his slag do, the seeing his children twice a year and then hating on their accent)
btw, Thank you so much Artin for uploading the interview! I love the snippet and I thought Delta came across as lovely but real and I especially loved her response to her sincerity being questioned, her complete lack of understanding and frustration with it, yet not falling into 'woo is me' which people might expect.

i knew he couldnt resist... but i fear he may try to sling mud in a more abusive manner yet... hope not..
never liked the dude and i really felt he did alot of damage to deltas name and career especially over here as he is so disliked he basically had to emigrate.. he has poor form.. i just hope he doesnt start bad mouthing and more hate coming her way... but if childish cryptic stuff is all he got.. i think she can rest easy

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,985 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Amazing to hear that song clip! Can't believe we are still waiting for album news!!

Thanks for sharing. Really good interview :) Also loved seeing in Delta's music room.

xo.jpg
Delta: Thank you for everything - I will always support you.
27:10:2004 / 22:01:2005

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I loved how she kept saying karl's name!! Made me laugh!

I just think delta is such an inspiration and down to earth woman and it is interviews like these that really show that, I like how she isnt all celebrity about everything and is just honest and herself :)

tumblr_mdy28gi4sp1r3qj73o4_500.gif

OFFLINE   innocent___eyes

innocent___eyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Hopefully its possible to see the interview on youtube.
I'm very curious. :blush:

Me too! Or will there be a live stream available ?

xo

You can watch the interview online at www.deltadaily.com/home.
It was pleasure to see, enjoy :D

Innocent Eyes - Not Me, Not I Butterfly - A Year Ago Today Out Of The Blue - The Analyst - Mistaken Identity - Extraordinary Day - Be Strong - In My Own Time - Miscommunication - Electric Storm - Sanctuary - Last Night On Earth - This Is Not Me - Throw It Away - Will You Fall For Me - Fragile - You Are My Rock - Flawed Nobody Listened Disorientated - A Little Too Late - Believe Again - The Guardian - Bare Hands - Possessionless God Laughs - Brave Face - You Will Only Break My Heart - One Day - Angels In The Room Take Me Home - Breathe In, Breathe Out - Child Of The Universe - Touch - Wish You Were Here Sitting On Top Of The World - I'm Not Ready - Hunters And The Wolves - Dancing With A Broken Heart - Hypnotized - Safe To Believe - The Speed Of Life - War On Love - I Lost All Love 4 You - When My Stars Come Out - Control - UncoveredHow A Dream Looks - Silence Be Heard - Together We Are One - Waiting on forever - Fever - Right here waiting - Days go by - Fortune of Love - Turn you Away- Never Fades Away - Unsure- Love - Hear me Calling - Here i am - Beautiful Madness - I Don't Care The RiddleVisualise

" No point in talking what you should have been. And regretting the things that went on. Life's full of mistakes, destinies and fate. Remove the clouds, look at the bigger picture."  (quote from Delta Goodrem)

OFFLINE   yvi

yvi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Is this intervioew available for download maybe? Germans can't watch it. Woohoo.

I (or we, speaking for all German Delta fans) would be very thankful not only for the whole video but also for the Song Snippet that seemed to be included! :) Soundcloud or tumblr or Private Message would be just fine &' I/we would love you forever!

tumblr_mlrwyw9RjF1qbq2c0o1_250.png

hold on &' be strong.

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,898 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

I havent seen any drama over her laughing about Nick's age yet on twitter so thats good. haha

You sure? I saw lots of drama on Twitter and Tumblr.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   aussiemusiclover

aussiemusiclover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Is this intervioew available for download maybe? Germans can't watch it. Woohoo.

I (or we, speaking for all German Delta fans) would be very thankful not only for the whole video but also for the Song Snippet that seemed to be included! :) Soundcloud or tumblr or Private Message would be just fine &' I/we would love you forever!

have you tried watching it on youtube?

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

aussiemusiclover.jpg
aussiemusiclover... formerly deltaluva2.

stand-by-hird-small_zps3420ec3b.jpg

OFFLINE   Walshy

Walshy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
I didn't get the hostage remark until now...left the car for 60 minutes.....what an areshole.
Posted Image

OFFLINE   yvi

yvi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

have you tried watching it on youtube?

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

Yes, I did. It's blocked in Germany. That's the problem :P the problem we always have here with YouTube

tumblr_mlrwyw9RjF1qbq2c0o1_250.png

hold on &' be strong.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: video, interview

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users