Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Delta To Sing the Blues (State of Origin)

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   ninafan

ninafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Delta even had a little bit of blue in her outfit I know she was trying to be neutral but Delta's a NSW girl.

OFFLINE   bryndavis

bryndavis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
I know we don't have to always be positive about delta but I do feel like this forum has got stuck in a rut of being critical ! Give the girl a break!

Definitely the best performance of the single so far.... The Today show one was about on par. It is a difficult song to sing and I'm glad she's getting to grips with it. The ending was AMAZING. I do think she could forget the keyboard for this song... It doesn't really need her behind a piano and I'd love to see her just rocking the stage. Then again I doubt we will get many more big performances of the song now until the next single.

OFFLINE   alistairlovesdelta

alistairlovesdelta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
That was the best performance of the single so far wow so proud love love love it

the ending was so good with all the back up singers and then her I wish that was in the actual version
its a really great song to sing live and to make little changes like awesome harmonies yay!!! she was beautiful amazing yay!! :D

did she sing in this life?? is there a clip??

OFFLINE   l_and_j_rule

l_and_j_rule

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
^ she sang ITL, but 9 cut away to their lot to chat about the game while she was performing it.
So the only chance we get to see it is if someone in the crowd recorded it.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,320 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

I think Delta was sick. As a signer I heard it in her voice. I am so glad she is learning with each performance of this song, and making it sit where she can sing it best.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Glad she didn't go for the high note, I was 'Waiting, watching listening, to every little sign I see' and they all pointed to a failed high note.

I also heard her sickness on The Voice monday. Still it wasn't a bad performance.

She is sick. At the Swisse launch last week, she told us she had a cold.

Artin

Poor Delta. She has been a busy girl lately, mostly due to the Swisse ad filming and her work on The Voice.

OFFLINE   jx3delta

jx3delta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Thank you for the photos and video!

She looked so gorgeous and shiny (her clothes :lol:).
I really loved this SOTOTW performance! Amazing end :wub:

Hopefully we can see/hear some ITL footage soon :(

Posted Image
091207|030408|210808|180412
© banner and icon by me

OFFLINE   Kait

Kait

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I actually think it was her best performance of the song so far, and she looked so pretty and happy!

OFFLINE   MissToastie

MissToastie

Claire Voyant.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I seriously hate how people go on about others critising a song.

We're not all going to like it. How fucking boring would it be if every single person loved every live performance.

I didn't say she sang shit, her voice was shit, etc. I clearly stated what I've said from day dot, that I do not like live performances of SOTOTW.

Just because you like a performance, doesn't mean other people have to as well.

2cfz51j.gif

OFFLINE   claire lou

claire lou

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Wasn't her best but if she's ill it's to be expected.

I seriously hate how people go on about others critising a song.

We're not all going to like it. How fucking boring would it be if every single person loved every live performance.

I didn't say she sang shit, her voice was shit, etc. I clearly stated what I've said from day dot, that I do not like live performances of SOTOTW.

Just because you like a performance, doesn't mean other people have to as well.

I'm not sure if I like her live performances of SOTOTW either tbh, there not a patch on what we know she can really do. :)

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,320 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Turns out Delta made good on her promise to help Matt by inviting to him to sing ITL with her at the pre-match, according to today's Herald Sun. Delta has also asked Matt to join her on her next Australian tour.

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
That's really nice of her. So excited for an upcoming tour and I think he'd be a great guest performer.

OFFLINE   Memories

Memories

Memories

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,724 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
A Tour......

Delta still has yet to release an album!

or....................................

...... Even a second single!

:)

Edited by Memories, 25 May 2012 - 09:11 AM.

ONLINE   Adam :)

Adam :)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Lol ^^^^^

Wonder is Matt would sing Almost Here with her?

Hurry up and release an album before we hear more about a tour. PLease

So I stand on this hill
With my flag held high
With the will to survive
Bullets flying by
Broken hears scattered on this battlefield
Holding out for something real
I won't give up
I won't give in
I fight for hope in this
WAR ON LOVE

OFFLINE   Kade

Kade

Regina Phalange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Turns out Delta made good on her promise to help Matt by inviting to him to sing ITL with her at the pre-match, according to today's Herald Sun. Delta has also asked Matt to join her on her next Australian tour.

Ew. no thank you Posted Image

nk93QbA.png

ONLINE   Adam :)

Adam :)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
In the performance, her voice has extremely strong verbrado - I wonder if this was a result of her cold or if it's just her voice, personally I like her voice better without it!

So I stand on this hill
With my flag held high
With the will to survive
Bullets flying by
Broken hears scattered on this battlefield
Holding out for something real
I won't give up
I won't give in
I fight for hope in this
WAR ON LOVE

OFFLINE   Palmaceous

Palmaceous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Who is this Matt?

Posted Image

ONLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,529 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I'm so obsessed with this performance.

4.03 - just the way she sings it, i cant get it out of my head. love love love it!

People are entitled to their opinion and im not here saying it was perfect or anything, but I just really loved this performance. I felt it had heart.

In the Today Show interview with Richard Wilkins (April 6) she said of the song:
"I feel like its leading my own charge, like its guiding me, because its a relationship with your universe as well"

And I REALLY felt that with this performance. Like the way she sung it at 4.03, its like the song is convincing herself that she made the right decision to leave Brian, that 'the stars are aligning', that life is working the way it should be. I feel like this song is very very personal. It might feel like when you listen to this positive song that she is 'sitting on top of the world' everyday but to me its like shes finding life very tough. She said 2011 was her toughest year to date, which to us is like 'wtf?' she seemed so happy with Nick but when you think about it, you get engaged to someone which only ended a year ago - thats not a long time at all! heck, i'm still cut about my first girlfriend two years ago - so its like this song is a constant reminder to herself that she did right ending things with Brian and moving on and she will always love Nick. I mean that line 'at night, we say only things for us to hear' is SO beautiful, like really really cute, and it kinda sucks that her and Nick ended but I get the idea maybe she broke up with him, cause I was there at The Voice taping when it was announced and sure it was the same day she cried cause of Rachael Leahcar but, gosh she must have a really tough skin cause she was glowing that day. She seemed to be really really happy. So in a way its like her releasing this song, her being back in Australia, meeting the fans - she's sitting on top of the world and its like as long as shes singing this song - in my opinion, so passionately at State of Origin - then she's in the right headspace, and shes happy.

Yes I got that all out of one performance which many people cant help but not like. Which is cool, I get it. Its not the type of song I would recommend to a new fan as showing off her live capabilities - duh! - but I felt honesty in that performance, I felt heart, I felt Delta being personal in her own guarded way and I feel that the album will show much deeper levels. I'm so excited for the album, but even more excited for the second single. Its gotta be out in a month right? If the albums due in a couple of months, surely the second single must precede it by at least two weeks. At least news of the second single will be in a few weeks, I'm sure of it. SO EXCITED! I hope its a ballad...

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Haven't watched the performance in full...my internet is capped boo! But from the very slow loaded bits I heard, you can definitely hear that she has a cold. Considering that, think it was a great performance. Agree with the ending Brad, so good! Kind of getting over SOTOTW, it's a great start just so eager for the next phase of this era.

Edit - Just watched it on my phone. Definitely a performance of two halves as mentioned previously. She'll find the right balance eventually when performing this live. I like how she's experimenting with different ways of singing parts of it. There's always the CD version, she should just settle on a live version she's comfortable in singing. I kind of feel when watching her that she is slightly second guessing herself with some notes.

Edited by Paddyl90, 25 May 2012 - 02:32 PM.

eb979414-4f14-4146-b909-21bfdcdbe2b6_zps

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   DreamerTanja

DreamerTanja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Maybe they're trying to match the second single to come out just before the grande finale of The Voice - and she could perform it live there in front of a few million watchers. :) That's what I would call huge reach!

OFFLINE   aussiemusiclover

aussiemusiclover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts
was the performance screened on TV?

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

aussiemusiclover.jpg
aussiemusiclover... formerly deltaluva2.

stand-by-hird-small_zps3420ec3b.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users