Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

ARTICLE: Why all the hate for Delta Goodrem? "Overwhelm the hatred with love"

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   andy.987

andy.987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Isn't it just funny how the Herald Sun has taken a backward step with all the negative press on Delta? I noticed in yesterday's paper there was an article on Prince being on the show and Delta was enlarged with a nice caption :P And now the paper is even quoting itself, like in this article:

Singer pans Delta's critics

VICTORIAN singer Matt Hetherington has slammed the haters of The Voice coach Delta Goodrem.

Goodrem has been labelled "bland" and "contrived" and her judging has been panned as "all style and little substance".
Hetherington, who is on Team Delta, says it is the critics, not Goodrem, who have an attitude problem.
"I am delighted to be on Delta's team," he said. "She is very generous, encouraging, nurturing and supportive.
"I have spoken to Delta about the criticism. There is no doubt that some of the hate and criticism does hurt (her) a bit.
"She said, 'I am trying to do the best by people'. She has absolutely done that with me.
"The great message that Delta has given me is to home in on exactly what sort of artist I want to be. She hit the nail on the head.
"It (the criticism of Goodrem) has irked me. If you walk away (from a coaching session) saying, 'That's not what I expected', then maybe your expectations are the problem."
Hetherington, who has acted on Stingers and City Homicide, is one of nine Victorian singers left on the Channel 9 talent show.
He will be singing off against interstate Team Delta rivals, including Rachael Leahcar and Ben Bennett tonight.

http://www.heraldsun...6-1226354292894

ONLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,793 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Channel Seven's Today Tonight has a report on the issue tonight.

OFFLINE   GrrArgh

GrrArgh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
My idea is to tweet the reasons I love Delta/her music, etc, using the hashtag #reasonsilovedelta. Let's overpower the hate!

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

Graphics Maker/Obsessive Moonie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
People don't like her because she is so well known and so 'happy'. When you are so well-known, the more haters, especially if you give off this 'miss perfect' image which she has had since day one (except her UK 'homewrecker' image)

Here im standing in the night my crescent wand the only light

Posted Image

^ gif not by me :P

OFFLINE   Tigerlily

Tigerlily

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
It is important to remember that we cannot change what people SAY THINK OR DO they will say these horrible things regardless. Delta is a beautiful inspiration to many people throughout the world. I love her and her music and what she stands for!!!

OFFLINE   Karly

Karly

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 254 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

I think the whole hate campaign on Delta is generally over publicised so it makes it look worse than it is to Australia and Delta herself. I have had heaps of people say to me that since watching The Voice their opinion on Delta has changed and they really like her on the show. I think the main thing with The Voice is and the "hate" for her on it is that they cut down the footage so much. Some of the episodes started filming at 4pm and we didn't leave the studio til about 11:30/12 sometimes. Each blind audition they took a lot of time to really analyse the person on stage and explain to them why or why not they didn't turn around sometimes it took about 35 minutes per contestant, on the show they have obviously cut the performance and speaking down to like a total of 3 minutes which makes it really hard to have focus on Delta especially when their are 3 other heavy weight judges on the panel. A perfect example of their editing is when she ran off stage crying - they cut down both her and Seal comments and didn't add what he said to make her run off stage. He made comments about her credibility as an artist and spoke as if she wasn't an international star, or had no potential to be - pretty much just saying that all she'll have is an Australian career. They also cut out a good moment when Delta really protected herself against that mother who sung "Natural Woman" Delta was really direct to her and questioned her as to why she had such a filthy mood. It's so annoying because there is so much footage of Delta they could have added yet they just use the same stuff which is what alot of people are judging her from!

Seal said the stuff about not being an international star or Chris said that as to why he was going with Seal? I was confused as to which one made the statement.

Either way it was an asshole move who ever said it, but I'm glad they didn't air it because it would give more argument to the people saying she doesn't deserve to be there. Even though the run off wouldnt have appeared as diva-ish it would caused different but more problems in the long run.

Nope - Seal. He said something like "if you want to just be an Australian star and a local talent and thats it.. then Delta is the obvious choice for that. If you want to be an international star than you would go with me" it was something along those lines anyway ha

I can't believe Seal would say such a thing and be so arrogant! I already thought he was a douche bag because of the show but wow. It's a real shame it got cut down because it did look like Delta was being a bit of a baby at the time but now it makes sense!

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Seal seems pretty arrogant ALL the time. I really don't understand why Delta gets the hate and not he lol My whole family thought that he's awful and they're NO Delta fans...

tumblr_mjnpyvhkSl1qeo225o1_400.png
"All I got is this heart that I am willing to lose, I know in this life - I give it everything."

"Found a girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long, told her I that I'd never leave."

"Just when I stopped looking I saw just how far I'd come - in this life."

"One day, we won't exist, and all the hurt will turn to dust

It is easier to shut down than to open up to trust."

OFFLINE   Margarida Azevedo

Margarida Azevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
http://au.news.yahoo...g-delta-goodrem

OFFLINE   tino2003

tino2003

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
is sad what is happening right now!
Good Day Everywhere!!!

@@tino2003maier

OFFLINE   Manda88

Manda88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Finally some good press!!!

OFFLINE   margaret1

margaret1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
All i can say about all these vindictive people, is, jealousy, jealousy, jealousy. I love the way that Delta has hung on to her dignity, and has not turn herself into a cheap skanky singer like most of the newer female artists of today. if u get to see this Delta,u have everything that most women want, good looks, intelligence, and awesome talent. Hold your head high mate, GOD loves u and so do I.

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,094 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I did not come to DeltaDaily for slut shaming, Margaret. You CAN love Delta and not go after other woman who are different in their own careers which USUALLY have nothing to do with Delta.

I find it hysterical of all the wholesome loving affectionate people who care for humanity, Miranda wrote this, she's so xenophobic, affected, sexist and dated and usually says nothing worth reading or aknoledging.

and again HATERS ARE GOING TO HATE, really bursting into tears whenever ANYBODY goes after Delta will just lead to insanity. You can't get pissed every time someone doesn't like her, that's just life.

Delta needs to speak up about and for herself and just say "haters gon hate" and be done with it!

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   dreamscometrue76

dreamscometrue76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
It's really sad to hear this kind of talk about anyone. I think that Delta seems 'young' on the Voice because she is surrounded by other artists who have years of experience that she's yet to have. Saying that she is an amazing artist in her own right and is actually older than her years from life experience she has gone through. When I see Delta on the voice it reminds me of her singing in the film clip of 'Innocent Eyes'. She is a confident, successful, talented young woman who has achieved so much and seems comfortable in her own skin. So many of people are so very jealous, envious and angry that they cannot be that type of person. At the end of the day she has worked hard and gone through ups and downs just like any of us. Everyone is largely responsible for who they are and who they choose to be. Those who sit back and 'judge' and 'criticise' others need to spend more time on themselves and perhaps they wouldn't feel the need to lash out at others.

OFFLINE   HilaryandDelta

HilaryandDelta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I honestly don't understand this hate. I am a hardcore Jonas fan, and thats how I found out about Delta. I have to admit, I wasn't fond of her in the beginning because of the age difference, but I never HATED her. and then when I met her and Nick in LA last year, she was incredibly sweet and I was talking to them for a little while and I became an insta-fan. I tried to tell this to someone on tumblr, but they were like "ehh she sounds too sweet and I don't like people like that''
I don't understand, delta is so warm and adorable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users