Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

ARTICLE: Why all the hate for Delta Goodrem? "Overwhelm the hatred with love"

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   deltadoesnthate

deltadoesnthate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Why all the hate for Delta Goodrem?
  • Miranda Devine
  • May 13, 2012 12:00AM

Posted Image

SINGER DELTA GOODREM HAS COPPED A SOCIAL NETWORK BACKLASH SINCE APPEARING ON CHANNEL 9'S THE VOICE.SUPPLIED

HATING Delta Goodrem has become an entertaining schtick for twisted people since The Voice became a runaway ratings sensation.

Channel 9's publicity machine has had its work cut out trying to protect the 27-year-old The Voice judge from an outpouring of bile on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and assorted internet hate sites.
There are vicious, jealous comments about the singer's looks, her voice, her manner, even the way she tosses her hair or holds her hands.
She has been called up-herself, "bitch", diva, spoilt princess, "contrived", "patronising", "an expensive piece of tinsel".
Even her name has been attacked: "She sounds like a f---ing airline."
And those were the gentler comments.
Her cancer experience is even fodder for the haters.
"She needs to stop this f*n bullsh*t feel sorry for me, i got sick. Yeah i get sick, sick & tired hearing her bullsh*t on TV. Ure in love with yourself all about u isn't it?" went one illiterate rant.
There is much worse, including people wanting to "crack her f*in' skull in with a baseball bat" and even death threats.
One of the nastier offerings is a YouTube video titled Delta Goodrem Gets On My Nerves, from a sweet-faced teenage boy sitting on a bed under posters of Britney Spears.
"Delta is the most irritating, the most frustrating, the most annoying person on television. I cannot stand her. The reason? She's a f*ing judgmental b*tch."
He hates her "little hand gestures ... every time I see her I want to strangle her. I want to break her kneecaps and throw acid in her face".
Why does Goodrem attract such abuse? She has done nothing wrong.
Normal people watching The Voice would see a vibrant, talented, beautiful young woman holding her own as a judge against three of the best in the business, all men, older and more experienced.
Seal, 49, Joel Madden, 33, and Keith Urban, 44, seem more self-assured and knowledgeable, but Goodrem is learning fast.
In a careful piece of image management this week, Nine had her sit for an interview with stablemate Woman's Day to answer the critics: "I'm doing the best I can," she says.
"I've gone through worse and you just have to keep kind of rising above and keep your dignity and grace.
"But the abuse hurts. I am human. I think people have to remember that."
Nikki Webster, Kylie Minogue, Susie Moroney and Nicole Kidman suffered similar abuse, but were lucky enough to start their careers before the advent of Facebook and Twitter made everything much worse.
The anonymity of the web and the explosion of self-expression have allowed unhappy, jealous people to indulge the worst of human nature.
It has a corrosive effect on society.
But the best way of beating the haters is to shower Delta Goodrem with compliments and write tweets and posts of support for her work on The Voice.
Overwhelm the hatred with love.

http://www.heraldsun...w-1226353779401

Edited by deltadoesnthate, 13 May 2012 - 01:53 AM.

ONLINE   braveface

braveface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
This Miranda woman should just ask her co-worker Fiona <_<

OFFLINE   tino2003

tino2003

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
We will not tolerate these fans hate more. Now she needs all the support from us. let delta feel that we love them. :wub: :wub: :wub: :flower: :flower:
Good Day Everywhere!!!

@@tino2003maier

OFFLINE   MissToastie

MissToastie

Claire Voyant.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Excuse my language, but people are absolute fucking cunts. Break her knee caps? Throw acid on her face? What the fucking fuck? Okay, don't like her, there's no need to be abusive and horrible. It doesn't make you cool, it makes you a disgrace.

2cfz51j.gif

OFFLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
That YouTube video is so hateful. It's sad because all around the world gay kids are taking their own lives because of cyber-bullying, and here he is doing the same exact thing.

OFFLINE   bryndavis

bryndavis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts
I'm glad this article has been written... it is the right message to send out - let's drown the hate with messages of love and light :)

OFFLINE   xoxo...DG...xoxo

xoxo...DG...xoxo

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,434 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Finally some support for D ... to be honest because I don't live in aus I didn't realize how sickening some of the stuff people are saying about D really is. How can people be do disgusting, especially when they don't even know her! Thanks for posting article! :) xxx

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
sweet jesus.... there are some loons out there.. they'd throw acid in her face because her mannerisms and beauty get on their nerves???....

u know the net can be a great tool, but there are ALOT of keyboard warriors who overstep it with some awful, awful behaviour....im sure that idiot on youtube if he met Delta for real would clam up and not know what to say because he simply just begrudges her beauty and success which are unattainable for him

But Delta is so graceful and dignified... it is such a great quality in her, i have to say the whole time she was with Brian (though i never liked him) i grew huge respect for her for standing by her guns and facing down any criticism of her life choices.... and her responses above arent the usual media training fake politeness that many stars do... i 100% believe she is sincere in her gracefulness and dignified responses to her haters

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,302 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Miranda Devine and Fiona Byrne work for same company (News Limited) but different papers - Miranda writes for The Sunday Telegraph and Fiona is from the Herald Sun. Miranda's column is syndicated on News Limited papers on Sundays.

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

is a YouTube video titled Delta Goodrem Gets On My Nerves, from a sweet-faced teenage boy sitting on a bed under posters of Britney Spears.

Miranda always has to shade someone! Britney Spears is irrelevant to the topic at hand!
For a Miranda Devine article this is rather thoughtful and sweet, compared to her actual output which is xenophobic/sexist/racist/rude/shady and otherwise not worth reading PREHISTORIC opinion "pieces".. THIS is her own shining hour amongst mostly crappy dated Racism focused rants.

haters gonna hate, but really, way to NOT help Delta with her issues with working and stuff.
I'm not here for people putting her off making music/being in the world et cetera.
Next album will be AWESOME and I need NOT people to fuck with that!
I guess maybe Delta is unlucky and lives in perpetual backlash-dom

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
This article is really sad and shiz.

Love you Delta - you've been the most wonderful role model.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Christie

Christie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Far out.. What is wrong with people. Everyone has artists/celebrities that they don't like. Why s everyone being so vocal about Delta? Is it just because she's on the voice and in the public eye now?

OFFLINE   Luke

Luke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

POPULAR

I think the whole hate campaign on Delta is generally over publicised so it makes it look worse than it is to Australia and Delta herself. I have had heaps of people say to me that since watching The Voice their opinion on Delta has changed and they really like her on the show. I think the main thing with The Voice is and the "hate" for her on it is that they cut down the footage so much. Some of the episodes started filming at 4pm and we didn't leave the studio til about 11:30/12 sometimes. Each blind audition they took a lot of time to really analyse the person on stage and explain to them why or why not they didn't turn around sometimes it took about 35 minutes per contestant, on the show they have obviously cut the performance and speaking down to like a total of 3 minutes which makes it really hard to have focus on Delta especially when their are 3 other heavy weight judges on the panel. A perfect example of their editing is when she ran off stage crying - they cut down both her and Seal comments and didn't add what he said to make her run off stage. He made comments about her credibility as an artist and spoke as if she wasn't an international star, or had no potential to be - pretty much just saying that all she'll have is an Australian career. They also cut out a good moment when Delta really protected herself against that mother who sung "Natural Woman" Delta was really direct to her and questioned her as to why she had such a filthy mood. It's so annoying because there is so much footage of Delta they could have added yet they just use the same stuff which is what alot of people are judging her from!
Posted Image

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I think the whole hate campaign on Delta is generally over publicised so it makes it look worse than it is to Australia and Delta herself. I have had heaps of people say to me that since watching The Voice their opinion on Delta has changed and they really like her on the show. I think the main thing with The Voice is and the "hate" for her on it is that they cut down the footage so much. Some of the episodes started filming at 4pm and we didn't leave the studio til about 11:30/12 sometimes. Each blind audition they took a lot of time to really analyse the person on stage and explain to them why or why not they didn't turn around sometimes it took about 35 minutes per contestant, on the show they have obviously cut the performance and speaking down to like a total of 3 minutes which makes it really hard to have focus on Delta especially when their are 3 other heavy weight judges on the panel. A perfect example of their editing is when she ran off stage crying - they cut down both her and Seal comments and didn't add what he said to make her run off stage. He made comments about her credibility as an artist and spoke as if she wasn't an international star, or had no potential to be - pretty much just saying that all she'll have is an Australian career. They also cut out a good moment when Delta really protected herself against that mother who sung "Natural Woman" Delta was really direct to her and questioned her as to why she had such a filthy mood. It's so annoying because there is so much footage of Delta they could have added yet they just use the same stuff which is what alot of people are judging her from!

That alternative version of the storyline would've worked. Delta defending herself against moody people would've been excellent for her PR right now

but that would directly conflict with their idea that Seal is going to win it (With Emma Luise).
Explains a lot!Ta

Edited by delbrit, 13 May 2012 - 08:08 PM.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   ninafan

ninafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

yeah she should've, after the 2 Delta hate articles she wrote.

OFFLINE   andy.987

andy.987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Wow Luke the part about Seal and Delta seems intense.. definitely explains why she walked off, I never really understood it

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Now that explains a lot. I hope it'll be different in the live rounds and people will hear everything she has to say.

OFFLINE   Future_JD

Future_JD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta

Seal said the stuff about not being an international star or Chris said that as to why he was going with Seal? I was confused as to which one made the statement.

Either way it was an asshole move who ever said it, but I'm glad they didn't air it because it would give more argument to the people saying she doesn't deserve to be there. Even though the run off wouldnt have appeared as diva-ish it would caused different but more problems in the long run.

I found the girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long.

I told her that I'd never leave...

OFFLINE   Luke

Luke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Seal said the stuff about not being an international star or Chris said that as to why he was going with Seal? I was confused as to which one made the statement.

Either way it was an asshole move who ever said it, but I'm glad they didn't air it because it would give more argument to the people saying she doesn't deserve to be there. Even though the run off wouldnt have appeared as diva-ish it would caused different but more problems in the long run.

Nope - Seal. He said something like "if you want to just be an Australian star and a local talent and thats it.. then Delta is the obvious choice for that. If you want to be an international star than you would go with me" it was something along those lines anyway ha
Posted Image

OFFLINE   JimJim

JimJim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Brilliant article and definitely not the first time I've liked the work of Miranda Devine either.

As for the vile examples given, don't be too worried guys, there are a lot of keyboard warriors out there who say things online that they would never say or do in person, the anonymity of the internet has given people a false sense of security and a penchant for exaggerating their emotions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users