Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Delta on Today show tomorrow.

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   In_This_Life

In_This_Life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 852 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
she looked & sounded gorgeous

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,885 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Not that much to the interview, but I enjoyed it simply because there was lots of laughter! Delta seemed so relaxed which was good to see :)

xo.jpg
Delta: Thank you for everything - I will always support you.
27:10:2004 / 22:01:2005

OFFLINE   MissToastie

MissToastie

Claire Voyant.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Love the hair.

Hated the performance. Her voice was too loud for the music, it sounds silly IMO. I hate this song acoustically. It's an upbeat song, with upbeat lyrics. Tbh I haven't really enjoyed any of the live performances of SOTOTW, I really dislike it. Love the song in general, but live, it makes me cringe.

2cfz51j.gif

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

Graphics Maker/Obsessive Moonie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Love the hair.

Hated the performance. Her voice was too loud for the music, it sounds silly IMO. I hate this song acoustically. It's an upbeat song, with upbeat lyrics. Tbh I haven't really enjoyed any of the live performances of SOTOTW, I really dislike it. Love the song in general, but live, it makes me cringe.

I haven't seen the performance yet, but I know what you mean, I'm not fond of it live either. To be honest, I don't really like her live performances, unless it is her older stuff.

Here im standing in the night my crescent wand the only light

Posted Image

^ gif not by me :P

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

To be honest, I don't really like her live performances, unless it is her older stuff.

Really? I persoally think she's an amazing live performer, especially post 2008. I often prefer her live performances over studio versions.

OFFLINE   katie_

katie_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
It sounds really odd as an acoustic. Loved her vocals though. But why is she playing in a basement? Get some colour in there sheesh.

Edited by katie_, 09 May 2012 - 08:19 PM.

Shower me with confetti rain, down from open skies.

Posted Image

10.08.12 | 08.11.12

OFFLINE   MissToastie

MissToastie

Claire Voyant.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Love the hair.

I haven't seen the performance yet, but I know what you mean, I'm not fond of it live either. To be honest, I don't really like her live performances, unless it is her older stuff.

Oh, well, I love Delta live, I think she's one of the best live performing artists out there. I just don't like SOTOTW live and acoustic :)

2cfz51j.gif

OFFLINE   mariiaaa93

mariiaaa93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Aww such a good, acoustic live version and a funny interview :) I loved it. Good promotion for the show. Hopefully she'll go again when the show has finised/album promotion is gearing up. And I loved her hair, flawless as usual :) (maybe we'll get an acoustic bonus track version of sitting on top of the world??)

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
So happy she skipped the high note this time :P It just sounds very off in an acoustic version... :) Beautiful as usual!

tumblr_mjnpyvhkSl1qeo225o1_400.png
"All I got is this heart that I am willing to lose, I know in this life - I give it everything."

"Found a girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long, told her I that I'd never leave."

"Just when I stopped looking I saw just how far I'd come - in this life."

"One day, we won't exist, and all the hurt will turn to dust

It is easier to shut down than to open up to trust."

OFFLINE   Laura (from Holland)

Laura (from Holland)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
What a wonderful performance :wub: I really love this acoustic version!

OFFLINE   tiffany

tiffany

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Love the hair.

She looked beautiful as always but I agree. She often changes the way she sings the songs and sometimes it doesn't sound as great. I prefer her singing softer songs with her and the piano, she seems to have more control of her voice.

OFFLINE   Rob

Rob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
I wasn't sure if this would work acoustically but I was proved wrong, amazing performance :D

Delta looked stunning :wub:

I loved the presenter's Seal impression :P

EDIT : If anybody wants the performance on its own, download it here

Edited by Rob, 10 May 2012 - 04:28 AM.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I think Delta sounds amazing in this song but I get what people are saying, I feel it too...for some reason or another this song doesnt completely work for me acoustically....for me, the beginning is what grabs and then the 'big' chorus both of which I feel are lost when its performed stripped back/acoustically. But this is just my opinion and I do think Delta sounds brilliant so its nothing she is doing vocally, just preference.

And question: what is alan carr doing playing her windchimes/percussion section?!!

But loved the interview - she seems so happy and free :) love it!

tumblr_mdy28gi4sp1r3qj73o4_500.gif

OFFLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Love the hair.

This would have completed your post. LOL
Posted Image

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ A+

tumblr_mjnpyvhkSl1qeo225o1_400.png
"All I got is this heart that I am willing to lose, I know in this life - I give it everything."

"Found a girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long, told her I that I'd never leave."

"Just when I stopped looking I saw just how far I'd come - in this life."

"One day, we won't exist, and all the hurt will turn to dust

It is easier to shut down than to open up to trust."

OFFLINE   Memories

Memories

Memories

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,629 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

It's up on the Today show website for all overseas fans ^_^

http://today.ninemsn...aspx?id=8464443

Thank you for that! :D

I hate her hair like that. Looks like she lost her brush.

She sounded good, but that was a really meh performance overall :\

Haha! I loved her hair - the messy look she had - like that! I just want her to have a change! Maybe a cut and colour that does not consist on blond hair dye! :) Other then that I liked the look! I am not a big fan of the song over-all but I thought it was a nice performance!

bannerMemories07_zpsa809b648.png

OFFLINE   katie_

katie_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

And question: what is alan carr doing playing her windchimes/percussion section?!!

Haha! It totally is him. :lol:

Shower me with confetti rain, down from open skies.

Posted Image

10.08.12 | 08.11.12

OFFLINE   In_This_Life

In_This_Life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 852 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

I noticed it to

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I noticed it to

I literally did a double take :P sneaky man, clearly got an extra hidden talent!!
good spot!!

Edited by rachelm, 13 May 2012 - 05:50 AM.

tumblr_mdy28gi4sp1r3qj73o4_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users