Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Battle for Gay Marriage in North Carolina

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   aussiemusiclover

aussiemusiclover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts
Just a thought I've had. If marriage was originally defined to allow only gay couples to marry, would you support straight marriage being legalised?

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

aussiemusiclover.jpg
aussiemusiclover... formerly deltaluva2.

stand-by-hird-small_zps3420ec3b.jpg

OFFLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

KHALEESI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Just a thought I've had. If marriage was originally defined to allow only gay couples to marry, would you support straight marriage being legalised?

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

Yes of course, marriage EQUALITY for all.

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,850 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

Duh.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

aussiemusiclover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

Duh.

Artin

I would not

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

Edited by aussiemusiclover, 21 July 2012 - 02:33 PM.

aussiemusiclover.jpg

aussiemusiclover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts
THE Baillieu Government will not follow Tasmania's lead in introducing same-sex marriage laws.

The island state plans to legalise gay marriage this year, Tasmanian Premier Lara Giddings said at the weekend.
Ms Giddings has advice saying there would be no legal impediment to the legislation.
But the Prime Minister, Julia Gillard, said the Marriage Act was a federal law.
"We do have a Bill before the Federal Parliament dealing with same-sex marriage," Ms Gillard said.
"I determined that this should be a conscience vote for the Labor Party and people will be free to determine how they vote.
"As for any laws that may be the subject of consideration in Tasmania, we don't have any details at this stage, so I'm not really able to offer a comment."

Ms Gillard said it was also too early to comment on the potential for court challenges to the Tasmanian proposal.
Victorian Attorney-General Robert Clark declined to say whether the Baillieu Government supported same-sex marriage.
He said the matter was not within the power of the Victorian Parliament.
"The Victorian Government's view is that issues in relation to marriage are matters for the Commonwealth," Mr Clark said.
"Marriage legislation is a matter for the Commonwealth Parliament.
"Our view is that, both practically and as far as we are aware legally, marriage is a matter for the Commonwealth Government and for the Commonwealth Parliament.
''Nothing that has emerged from what the Tasmanian Government has had to say has caused us to change our mind."

Source: http://www.heraldsun...x-1226443427315

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

aussiemusiclover.jpg

OFFLINE   x_LastNightOnEarth_x

x_LastNightOnEarth_x

Done with all your bitchcraft.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

Duh.

Artin

I would not

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

Jesus, what's wrong with you?

AMPY2BF.png

where tired cliches won't let us fall asleep.

OFFLINE   Alice

Alice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
deltaluva2- it's admissible that you have your opinion on this topic at hand but the intolerable thing is that you can't seem to express it without sounding at least a bit egocentric and condescending.

Posted Image

aussiemusiclover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

Duh.

Artin

I would not

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

Jesus, what's wrong with you?

I'm not Jesus.

deltaluva2- it's admissible that you have your opinion on this topic at hand but the intolerable thing is that you can't seem to express it without sounding at least a bit egocentric and condescending.

How am I being eogcentric and condescending? I'm simply expressing my opinion, and showing it from different perspectives to backup my views.
The funny thing is this is supposed to be all about love, yet I have seen nothing but abuse and threats from people who don't support my opinion.
Not just on this forum, but in the media: If someone who doesn't support gay marriage voices their opinion, all they do is get abused and threatened by those who do support gay marriage.

I can tell you for a fact that those who do not support gay marraige do not get abusive and threatning. While we may not agree with your views, we will at least listen to you.

Can anyone explain why this is to me?

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

aussiemusiclover.jpg

OFFLINE   Alice

Alice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I have not abused you nor have I threatened you.

I support gay marriage and would love to see that my gay friends be allowed to marry legally. I am very happy for you to express your opinion on this matter however the way you do so seems quite single minded, hence egocentric - see the question you posted below for instance. The condescending part really comes from your wording.

Rolling my eyes at this vid. SMH, just smh.

All they want is to be able to get married and have the same EQUAL RIGHTS, and hell with the reproductive medicine today - gay couples CAN have their own children, children which people don't want, and even have their own biological kids.

I just don't understand what is so fucking wrong with that?

Like wow you changed 84 rules and whatever else, like you shouldn't have done that in the first place? lol no, not buying it.

It's not rocket science.

So please tell me, how do two gay people, naturally conceive a child?
With the reproductuve medicine that allows gay couples to have children, will it be the biological child to both of the gay parents?

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

I do not believe that this question is exclusive to gay couples - if you really want to get into this, what applies when it comes to straight couples and situations of surrogacy etc?

And "I can tell you for a fact that those who do not support gay marraige do not get abusive and threatning. While we may not agree with your views, we will at least listen to you." -- That insinuates that everyone who does in fact support gay marriage, does get abusive and threatening which "I can tell you for a fact" is not true. It's obvious that there are some very passionate advocates here and whilst I do not completely agree with the way that some people retort to things, I stand by what I say in my original post in this thread.

Posted Image

aussiemusiclover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

I have not abused you nor have I threatened you.

I support gay marriage and would love to see that my gay friends be allowed to marry legally. I am very happy for you to express your opinion on this matter however the way you do so seems quite single minded, hence egocentric - see the question you posted below for instance. The condescending part really comes from your wording.

All they want is to be able to get married and have the same EQUAL RIGHTS, and hell with the reproductive medicine today - gay couples CAN have their own children, children which people don't want, and even have their own biological kids.

Like wow you changed 84 rules and whatever else, like you shouldn't have done that in the first place? lol no, not buying it.

It's not rocket science.

With the reproductuve medicine that allows gay couples to have children, will it be the biological child to both of the gay parents?

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

I do not believe that this question is exclusive to gay couples - if you really want to get into this, what applies when it comes to straight couples and situations of surrogacy etc?

And "I can tell you for a fact that those who do not support gay marraige do not get abusive and threatning. While we may not agree with your views, we will at least listen to you." -- That insinuates that everyone who does in fact support gay marriage, does get abusive and threatening which "I can tell you for a fact" is not true. It's obvious that there are some very passionate advocates here and whilst I do not completely agree with
the way that some people retort to things, I stand by what I say in my original post in this thread.

I didn't say you have abused or threatened me. I should reword what I have said, that the majority of what I have seen is alot of abuse and threats from people who do support gay marriage towards those who do not. This is not just towards me, not just on this forum, but even in the media. I find it sad that there are people out there (that support gay marriage) who want to go as far as becoming threatning and abusive towards those who don't, in a debate about love. Being threatning and abusive is anything but love.

People are going to have different opinion on this issue. It's an extremely contentious topic. Whether you are for or against, let's try keep it peaceful.

DISCLAIMER: My statement in brackets is only used on a naming basis.

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

Edited by aussiemusiclover, 07 August 2012 - 11:08 AM.

aussiemusiclover.jpg

OFFLINE   Alice

Alice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

The funny thing is this is supposed to be all about love, yet I have seen nothing but abuse and threats from people who don't support my opinion.

"...nothing but abuse and threats" eh.

I find it sad that there are people out there (that support gay marriage) who want to go as far as becoming threatning and abusive towards those who don't, in a debate about love. Being threatning and abusive is anything but love.

But you know what's also really sad? That people often get abused for being gay. I really don't think you see both sides to this matter. There's always going to be the good, bad and the ugly side of things but you're making out that all people who are not for gay marriage are all peaches and cream. Obviously not everyone in the gay community is "peaches and cream" per se, but it's pretty unfair to make such matter-of-fact statements like the ones you have made. Although you have some valid questions and thoughts, a lot of your posts in this thread burst of egocentrism because you can't seem to see the other side of things too.

And here's another 2c opinion, the unnecessary bolding in your posts is annoying.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Kait

Kait

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I have all but given up on arguing with people who don't support it because all their excuses are so ass backwards and ignorant. I just tell them I got married already and there's nothing they can do about taking away my rights and walk away :P

OFFLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

KHALEESI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Posted Image

aussiemusiclover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

By not agreeing to same sex marriage, I'm not choosing to endorse discrimination against my fellow gay and lesbian Australians, or to be disrespectful to their domestic relationships... instead for me, it's an honest acknowledgement of the special and unique characteristics of the union described as marriage"

Source: http://www.theage.co...0919-266a8.html

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

Edited by aussiemusiclover, 25 September 2012 - 04:10 PM.

aussiemusiclover.jpg

OFFLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

KHALEESI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

By not agreeing to same sex marriage, I'm not choosing to endorse discrimination against my fellow gay and lesbian Australians, or to be disrespectful to their domestic relationships... instead for me, it's an honest acknowledgement of the special and unique characteristics of the union described as marriage"

Source: http://www.theage.co...0919-266a8.html

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

Don't agree :)

ONLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,959 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

It's not rocket science.

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

I don't know if this has been discussed, but if a woman and man want to get married but can't produce children/don't want to have children. Does that make their marriage as "bad" w/ the holy God as gay marriages are...SUPPOSEDLY. Are they're marriages faulty and ungodly as apparently a gay persons marriage is?
They are a whole load of cracks in the marriage is to procreate A. because we are no longer in the era were the earth needs to procreate for eternal purposes and B. science enables people who "Traditionally" can't have children and babies, have children and babies. Adoption is also on the table for "Unholy" marriages. Who ever cares about that element anyway, marriage used to be never about love, but now it is, and naturally love can happen between two consenting adults gay or straight.

I could list the LONG list of things that people do right now which are unholy in the bible, but that would take effort.
~Can't pick and choose in the bible, being Gods words an' all.
and then there is testements, and old one where he's...nice and new one where he's vicious and the direct conflicts within the texts.

Never mind the "Traditional" marriages who have kids being abused or are abusive to each other which are not perfect and special snowflake unique man and woman awesomeness. Some people, it can be argued turn misandrist/misogynistic cuz of that mother or that father or that step father or step mother. It ain't a perfect system

It's funny for being all about God and God's supposedly about sharing love and loving thy neighbor "These people" insist on taking away simple rights and a celebration from people who obviously WANT it and feel they deserve the same pleasure straights get when they marry,

I can tell you for a fact that those who do not support gay marraige do not get abusive and threatning. While we may not agree with your views, we will at least listen to you.

Bitch you know that a lie.
People do violent protests at Gay Pride events,
http://en.wikipedia....nst_LGBT_people
A list of anti gay people who have gotten violent against gay people. For no good reason.
and that's just Wikipedia, there is probably heaps and heaps flat out anti gay people who have KILLED people for no other reason that they like the same sex.

on this forum, where lots of people have indicated an understanding of fairness and love and how we all have it, same sex or heteronormative, don't get offended if people call you on your shit and expect you to explain IN DETAIL your opinion.
None of this "These two well known people agree there fore we ALL should hate gays".
Just...nah. Bad argument practice. Hence nobody responding, cuz I could list the THOUSANDS of famous celebrities who do love all love and celebrate fairness and don't care what some book said a thousand+ years ago.

Edited by delbrit, 25 September 2012 - 05:01 PM.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

KHALEESI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ ba dum tssh.

Exactly the Bible is a load of crap anyway, it wasn't written for us today. It was written for people back many, many, many years ago. (I say this as someoene who was raised Catholic and now I somewhat do still believe in God or at least a greater being, whatever that may be)
The Bible excuse is old and tired.

I don't understand why people don't want it legal, I mean you can be against it, but how exactly does gay marriage being legal affect those who are against it? It doesn't do anything to their own marriage. Besides marriage these days is a joke with 50% of people getting divorced, not only once but MULTIPLE TIMES.

What I just posted (that picture) is the same thing as saying "oh i'm not racist! I have a black/asian/etc friend"

aussiemusiclover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

A list of anti gay people who have gotten violent against gay people. For no good reason.
and that's just Wikipedia, there is probably heaps and heaps flat out anti gay people who have KILLED people for no other reason that they like the same sex.

Wikipedia is not a reliable source for information

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

aussiemusiclover.jpg

OFFLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

KHALEESI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...ay Pride events

ONLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,959 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Kind Regards,

Aussiemusiclover

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...ay Pride events

Wikipedia is a good way to get educated on educating yourself about issues in the world.
and you really cannot put four pages worth of information cuz it's "Wiki" therefore WRONOG.
It ain't that bad. It's quiet informed and the articles which lack information/double/tripe checking get deleted anyway.
I mean unless you didn't read the pages which have multiple indexes and religious and general same sex hatred issues.
http://www.ilga-euro...2007_in_english
Random page I picked off that Wiki page you sooooooooooooo hate.

but I like Bernadette's response better.
Google is your friend! Wiki is your friend! Internet is your friend!

Edited by delbrit, 25 September 2012 - 11:30 PM.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users