Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Article: Delta's struggling on The Voice, says Darren Hayes

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,535 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
THE Voice mentor Darren Hayes says Delta Goodrem is struggling to show her true colours on the hit show.
Team Leader Goodrem has been portrayed as an indecisive drama queen during the battle rounds.
Asked to comment, Hayes, an advisor on Team Delta, said: ''I think the pressure when you're on a television show like The Voice is you're being seen in ways you've never shown people before.
''Reality television is about drama. It's entertainment and, unfortunately, in that role, everyone is under the spotlight.''
He said any criticism levelled at Goodrem is a ''storm in a teacup''.
''People are going to have opinions, but they always do,'' Hayes said.
''Sometimes, you'll get compliments, sometimes you'll get criticism. You try not to take it personally.''
But the former Savage Garden singer heaped praise on Keith Urban, also a mentor on The Voice.
Hayes was 15 and working in a Brisbane record shop when then-fledgling singer Urban made an in-store appearance.
A few years later, when Savage Garden conquered America, Urban went to their show and reflected on his first meeting with Hayes.
''He remembered that,'' Hayes said.
''He could be an a--hole, but he is one of the nicest people you'll meet in the business. It comes from a very genuine place.''

http://www.heraldsun...f-1226347794236

OFFLINE   MissToastie

MissToastie

Claire Voyant.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
She'll get there during the live shows :) I have faith in her.

2cfz51j.gif

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,020 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Duh
I Don't think the crying and the break downs and taking things personally helped her image at all.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   fredandadele

fredandadele

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
The herald sun is in big trouble. After Brian Mcfadden called them out, Darren Hayes did the same after seeing this article floating. via twitter he told them that he never said any of those things and did not talk with that reporter. :lol: Everyone's been retweeting what Darren tweeted :lol: All this fake negativity, for what? What has Delta ever done to them, cuz um really, it's not a good look for the media. You would think they would want to get some exclusives at some point in the future with Delta. Also taking advantage of the percentage of the public who believe that because it's in a newspaper that it's real. See how many of you automatically fell for this? Terrible. Oh and Darren went further. He tweeted that he tracked down who owned the paper. Ruper Murdoch. Still keeping it classy till the inevitable end of his crumbling empire I see, LOL
Anyhoo :lol: Next - - - ->

Edited by fredandadele, 06 May 2012 - 12:30 PM.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Unwritten

Unwritten

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Poor Delta, I didn't know things were that bad for her and The Voice =(

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

KHALEESI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

The herald sun is in big trouble. After Brian Mcfadden called them out, Darren Hayes did the same after seeing this article floating. via twitter he told them that he never said any of those things and did not talk with that reporter. :lol: Everyone's been retweeting what Darren tweeted :lol: All this fake negativity, for what? What has Delta ever done to them, cuz um really, it's not a good look for the media. You would think they would want to get some exclusives at some point in the future with Delta. Also taking advantage of the percentage of the public who believe that because it's in a newspaper that it's real. See how many of you automatically fell for this? Terrible. Oh and Darren went further. He tweeted that he tracked down who owned the paper. Ruper Murdoch. Classy bloke eh?Anyhoo :lol: Next - - - ->

I guess this means Fiona Byrne is an idiot and needs to check her facts before publishing a story. She obviously has a vendetta against Delta. idk why.

This has just made me want to stop buying The Herald Sun tbqh, I mean before all of it I was contemplating not doing so, this however I feel is icing on the cake. (i'll say that and i'll prob still buy the sunday herald sun as it's my fave)

They do anything to create a story not just with entertainment but in real life too, they spin in it such a way and it's terrible. I NEED to start reading The Age.

OFFLINE   katie_

katie_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
How many of these articles are they going to publish? I think Delta is just kind of an easy target. :unsure:

But good on Darren for calling them out.

Shower me with confetti rain, down from open skies.

Posted Image

10.08.12 | 08.11.12

OFFLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
That headline is severely misleading.

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,535 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

The herald sun is in big trouble. After Brian Mcfadden called them out, Darren Hayes did the same after seeing this article floating. via twitter he told them that he never said any of those things and did not talk with that reporter. :lol: Everyone's been retweeting what Darren tweeted :lol:

The article I posted is written by Nui Te Koha, another good friend of Delta.

OFFLINE   MissToastie

MissToastie

Claire Voyant.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
"@theheraldsun I never once said @Delta_Goodrem was 'struggling' and I didn't conduct my interview with the journalist you've credited." - Darren's tweet.

2cfz51j.gif

OFFLINE   GrrArgh

GrrArgh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

The herald sun is in big trouble. After Brian Mcfadden called them out, Darren Hayes did the same after seeing this article floating. via twitter he told them that he never said any of those things and did not talk with that reporter. :lol: Everyone's been retweeting what Darren tweeted :lol:

The article I posted is written by Nui Te Koha, another good friend of Delta.

Clearly, whoever that is, they have a pretty messed up idea of what it means to be a good friend.

OFFLINE   ninafan

ninafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
yeah they have, I wonder if Darren or Delta have ever said the words off the record to Nui but if he/she is a good friend everything Delta says should be considered off the record without Delta having to say it.

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I'm really getting sick of these biased articles against Delta. Be professional, honestly. I hope she proves these critics wrong during the live shows.

OFFLINE   x_LastNightOnEarth_x

x_LastNightOnEarth_x

Done with all your bitchcraft.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
It's ridiculous to me that everyone is suddenly attacking Delta for seemingly no reason. While yes, negative press unfortunately happens to everyone, this is just getting malicious and idiotic.

For every one person against her, she has 100s supporting her. ;)

AMPY2BF.png

where tired cliches won't let us fall asleep.

OFFLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

It's ridiculous to me that everyone is suddenly attacking Delta for seemingly no reason. While yes, negative press unfortunately happens to everyone, this is just getting malicious and idiotic.

Agreed, and it really bothers me that all they say is that she's just pretty. HOW IS THAT HER FAULT?!

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Agreed, and it really bothers me that all they say is that she's just pretty. HOW IS THAT HER FAULT?!

If she was ugly, they would tell her off for that too. It's ridiculous. As I said previously, there's just no winning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users