Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Voice AU on iTunes

the voice

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   yvi

yvi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Hey there, Australians :D

On The Voice, the ads always say 'buy the songs on iTunes' :D of course they are only available in AUS - or at least not in Europe :D
So I was wondering:

Which songs are available?
What do they cost?
What are they tagged as?
What about the Battle Round songs?
Only the winner's version available?

And most important:
Are the songs by the coaches available for download??? :o

Really hope someone can help here :)
xx

tumblr_mlrwyw9RjF1qbq2c0o1_250.png

hold on &' be strong.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,749 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Main question - No.

So with Blind Auditions they got the artists who advanced to do studio version and with the Battle Rounds they do the same with the winner for whole song too. They cost 1.19 (cheapest on iTunes, standard is 1.69-2.19) and they are tagged through their name but with a picture of them with 'The Voice' on it and in brackets it says (The Voice Performance). Profits go to The Voice and their shareholders, not the artists. (They MIGHT get a little but probably not.) Regardless, ultimately the artist benefits as they are being exposed in a way they could only hope for with the intention that they will buy their original stuff later on.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   time-ticks

time-ticks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
That sucks. If this was Idol series 2 and Anthony Callea performed The Voice it'd go straight to itunes and the biggest selling Australian single of all time would not make a cent for the artist. The Voice is killing the concept of the album.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,749 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ No I disagree massively. I hate 'winners albums' - they are shit. I dont want to buy an album full of studio versions of songs you performed on the show - thats a waste of money. Buying these performances is great cause you're in the moment, you loved the performance from last night as opposed to months ago. This opens the door for AN ACTUAL ALBUM as opposed to a winners album at the conclusion of The Voice. Definitely more credible.

As I said, the artists on the Voice are grateful for the show - the exposure is massive and its all they could ever hope for. It sets them up for when they become a real artist with original songs and already have a dedicated buying fanbase.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   time-ticks

time-ticks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
No way. The singers will be totally overexposed before they make their first album. Waiting years to buy stuff by Lisa Mitchell or Matt Corby was part of the game. itunes is satisfying a demand before there is a demand. Channel 9 and itunes are laughing all the way to the bank but the singers will totally suffer.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,749 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
How is people buying their music making them overexposed? I dont understand that. Years to buy Lisa Mitchell + Matt Corby was bad - they had to work extremely hard to get hit singles and their career would not be as big had they been ready to release earlier.

Satisfying demand is a good thing - how is that not obvious?

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Good1

Good1

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 189 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I think being able to buy a single of a song on ITunes is a good thing, like Brad put it in the moment, I think it sucks that the artist get nothing from the sale of the single it all go's to Shine Productions who produce the Voice Australia who claim ownership to all parts of the performance and also the studio version of the song that has been performed,

I was surprised that in the battle rounds the songs are all duets and in the States you could buy a single of the duet but here the person who wins the battle get to record the song they sang as a sololist, so you don't get to buy a duet even though it may have been awesome as a duet like Mahalia and Prinnie, it is such a shame

2a7zllc.jpg

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,749 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ Well for the most part they are not duets, technically

Posted Image

OFFLINE   time-ticks

time-ticks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Some of the itunes versions are close to 5 minutes long while The Voice versions (especially on the blind auditions) went for under 2 minutes. You're not getting what you actually saw. A lot of people probably wanted Jimmy Barnes' daughter singing with Prinny but I think the itunes versions are the winners only.

That Emma Louise girl is going to get signed for sure. You can tell by the way 'certain' things are happening on 'certain' social networks.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,749 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ Thats exactly why its worth buying - they do a full studio version of the song!

Posted Image

OFFLINE   time-ticks

time-ticks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
produced and arranged by who? and at 265 kbps. No band that signed to Universal would put up with a second rate product.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,749 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ Whats your deal?

Posted Image

OFFLINE   yvi

yvi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

That Emma Louise girl is going to get signed for sure. You can tell by the way 'certain' things are happening on 'certain' social networks.

Explain, please xD
I don't even know who that Emma-girl is, right now. The one who made Seal dance?

tumblr_mlrwyw9RjF1qbq2c0o1_250.png

hold on &' be strong.

OFFLINE   time-ticks

time-ticks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Explain, please xD
I don't even know who that Emma-girl is, right now. The one who made Seal dance?

That's her. She had all this stuff posted on different places online until last week and most of it has disappeared. Even her twitter has gone. I think they'll try and turn her into Australia's Lana Del Rey. If she's smart she'll get eliminated really fast and sign a real recording contract. What's the point of giving away something you can turn a profit from?

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I wanted the audio from the performances not the recorded versions from the winner. Always rip it off YouTube but don't care that much haha.

2nu8181.png

"Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx" - Delta Goodrem

OFFLINE   Kade

Kade

Regina Phalange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

^ No I disagree massively. I hate 'winners albums' - they are shit. I dont want to buy an album full of studio versions of songs you performed on the show - thats a waste of money. Buying these performances is great cause you're in the moment, you loved the performance from last night as opposed to months ago. This opens the door for AN ACTUAL ALBUM as opposed to a winners album at the conclusion of The Voice. Definitely more credible.

As I said, the artists on the Voice are grateful for the show - the exposure is massive and its all they could ever hope for. It sets them up for when they become a real artist with original songs and already have a dedicated buying fanbase.

THIS SO MUCH!!!

nk93QbA.png

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,894 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

produced and arranged by who? and at 265 kbps. No band that signed to Universal would put up with a second rate product.

Idk, but are you that guy who complained about the Believe Again tour audio on last.fm? If not, just ignore me..... :)

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   time-ticks

time-ticks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Idk, but are you that guy who complained about the Believe Again tour audio on last.fm? If not, just ignore me..... :)

Artin

That's me.

Edited by time-ticks, 06 May 2012 - 12:28 AM.

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,894 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Artin

That's me.

Lol. Thought so.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   time-ticks

time-ticks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
The sound quality on that CD did more to hurt Delta's music career than a thousand Brian McFaddens. :P Thankfully I was actually at the concert so I know in real life it sounded awesome.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: the voice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users