Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

ARTICLE: Delta is dull, contrived on The Voice

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,753 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I'm pretty sure as a journalist you are supposed to retract your statement when you are wrong and have not researched properly. Makes me think I could be a great journalist seeing the way she carries herself...

Well there has been no album promotion yet since theres no album title or release date as of yet. All we know is that we can expect it near the wrap up of The Voice since that is Delta's #1 priority right now. She'd be getting paid sheetloads for it (I think 750K is the rumour? 4m for all judges) and if she were not to do it properly then she wouldnt be invited on next year which is very important that she does because the ratings for this show simply have not happened for a reality TV show like that before. Right from the get go debut, massive ratings - its crazy. And you can expect the blind auditions next year to be much much bigger so here's hoping she stays on. Keith talked about not being sure if he'd return :(

Single promotion is slow - very slow. Like she'll do the very occasional appearance here and there but as someone mentioned, due to her exposure on The Voice I think they're avoiding from over-doing it. Also since they did tons of promotion for the very first week. I am hoping that Delta performs the single on Delta/Seal week of the Live Performances (May 14) but I'm pretty sure it will just be all the four coaches doing one song...

Posted Image

OFFLINE   ninafan

ninafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Brian McFaden's acerbic tongue in cheek aimed at Delta Goodrem

AUSTRALIA'S Got Talent judge Brian McFadden may be a happy, relaxed man these days, blissfully in love with his stunning partner Vogue Williams, but he still has a naughty, unpredictable side.

Posted Image
Delta Goodrem was described as "annoying" to which McFadden tweeted, "try living with the bitch". Getty Images

McFadden posted a surprisingly pointed tweet on Tuesday night in response to a posting in which his former fiancee, Delta Goodrem, was described as annoying.
A tweet from McFadden's page popped up reading: "try living with the bitch".
It was quickly deleted.
McFadden and Goodrem split last April after a seven-year relationship. The Irish-born singer is now set to marry Dancing with the Stars darling Williams in Italy in August.
McFadden's cheeky tongue also brought him a gentle reprimand from Williams following DWTS on Sunday after he booed judge Todd McKenney's comments about her waltz. "I am so proud of her, she is doing so well, she is working so hard," he said.
But Williams said: "We might place him further away from the judges next week."
McFadden and Williams will make Australia their home after they wed. McFadden is in the process of getting citizenship.

Brian Mcfadden@BrianMcFadden
Dear fionna Byrne and the herald sun. Today's article regarding me tweeting delta goodrem is false. You quoted the account @BrianMcFaddenn This person is a random tweeter and has no association with me. Please check facts next time before printing.

Whats even funnier is that she lied! The tweet was never deleted on the brianmcfaddenN account.

Rachael Connelly@raaaachy_
Delta annoys the hell out of me. #thevoiceau

1 May Brian McFaddenn@BrianMcFaddenn
@raaaachy_ Hey you should try living with the bitch!!! #TheVoiceA

What did Delta do to piss off the Herald Sun?

this is a law suit waiting to happen - although that is false the vast majority of the country will read and believe it

yeah it is, defamation of character for one so the Herald Sun is in for trouble.

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
wow! Another bitchy article from the same person within days!!

And it's made up... this fiona byrne really wants to kick Delta down.. very unprofessional of her to have such a vendetta

but lol... she has to be due a grovelling apology right about now... a retraction at least ...

i really hope Delta's people insist on a retraction/ apology... i hope Delta isnt too nice and lets it slide... there has been too much of this crap from the herald sun in too short a space of time to turn a blind eye..

on a side note, i personally wouldnt have found it hard to believe brian and his potty mouth had waded in here.. i saw him and vogue on the cover of i think it was ok ! (ireland edition).. i read a little bit of it.. there was one statement that jumped out at me.. when asked why he and vogue jumping into marriage, he made what i considered a sly dig at delta.. he replied he wouldnt like to be engaged for a long period if he doesnt really wanna marry someone, that would be just stringing them along... i thought this sounded like a lame attempt to blame delta for their split.. but whatever, not really relevant here

but yeah, i hope this byrne lady and the herald sun are pulled up for shoddy journalism by delta's people..

OFFLINE   lilfiary

lilfiary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
that article is except for rather pointless (exes are never a great source about someone), a cheap dig and poor research, also very confusing and poorly written. why is this woman a journalist?

Posted Image
Open Eyes, Open Mind, Open Heart

OFFLINE   ninafan

ninafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

wow! Another bitchy article from the same person within days!!

And it's made up... this fiona byrne really wants to kick Delta down.. very unprofessional of her to have such a vendetta

but lol... she has to be due a grovelling apology right about now... a retraction at least ...

i really hope Delta's people insist on a retraction/ apology... i hope Delta isnt too nice and lets it slide... there has been too much of this crap from the herald sun in too short a space of time to turn a blind eye..

on a side note, i personally wouldnt have found it hard to believe brian and his potty mouth had waded in here.. i saw him and vogue on the cover of i think it was ok ! (ireland edition).. i read a little bit of it.. there was one statement that jumped out at me.. when asked why he and vogue jumping into marriage, he made what i considered a sly dig at delta.. he replied he wouldnt like to be engaged for a long period if he doesnt really wanna marry someone, that would be just stringing them along... i thought this sounded like a lame attempt to blame delta for their split.. but whatever, not really relevant here

but yeah, i hope this byrne lady and the herald sun are pulled up for shoddy journalism by delta's people..

it might be on media watch first.

OFFLINE   Karly

Karly

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 254 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Looking at her Twitter page she even retweets when someone says something negative about Delta! Get a life!! She really is just out to be vindictive.

OFFLINE   Future_JD

Future_JD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
http://womansday.nin...d-i-was-perfect

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but they ask Delta specifically about some of the quotes from the herald sun article. Hopefully the full thing will be uploaded later. I thought she handled the question perfectly!

I found the girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long.

I told her that I'd never leave...

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

http://womansday.nin...d-i-was-perfect

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but they ask Delta specifically about some of the quotes from the herald sun article. Hopefully the full thing will be uploaded later. I thought she handled the question perfectly!

Thanks for that. I loved the way she handled herself when responding. I hope more people read this.

OFFLINE   x3fig

x3fig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
^ Oh my gosh that is an excellent answer. I'm glad she's not taking it to heart, these critics are like childish bullies. What was the point to the article besides being mean? That she's too pretty? Haters gonna hate lol.

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,896 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Scans: Woman's Day, May 14:
http://deltadaily.co....php?album=2041

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,267 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Thanks Artin! Love it! Love that there is a response back. Now I guess everyone can move on. Haters gon' hate.

2nu8181.png

"Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx" - Delta Goodrem

OFFLINE   In_This_Life

In_This_Life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Thanks for the scans Artin

OFFLINE   Karly

Karly

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 254 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
She answered in the best way possible! Without sounding too over positive, just strong.

OFFLINE   DeltaGirl

DeltaGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
so i couldnt be bothered to read everyone elses responses atm, but this stuff really bugs me... about delta or anyone else for that matter..

Of course she'd be aware of the cameras, she's on a tv show. The only difference between her and the other judges is she has hair to flick and a dress to move when she gets up so she doesnt fall or flash us her Reg Grundies... If Keith was in a long skirt and had his locks back, i'm sure he'd be doing the same... And to attack her for her image seems kind of stupid when IMO keith is the only one who hasnt dressed up a 'star', by that i mean, joel shows off all his tats, his leather, that piece of straw he chews on - its an image.
Seal has nail polish and fluro boots and an open shirt to show his waxed chest..
Delta is glamed up - but thats what delta wears to concerts, and lets face it, she's damn beautiful, why would you hide her in jeans and a t-shirt with thongs?
It makes no sense, thats what tv does, it glams people up.
Keith is more dressed up than his normal self, but IMO he's a real aussie bloke, so he wont go for a gimick, he just wears what he would normally.
To attack wardrobe is just stupid when its all supplied.
And the personal attacks bug me, because I think Delta would be very aware of what she says, she was 18 when every word she said made front page news, and she's had such a huge range of her life in media, her health, her love life, her family, her clothes... If I was her I would have learnt to keep things brief in what I gave away about myself... But I think she'd be a good mentor, she knows all the things you need to do to be a 'star' by todays standards. Its not just about the voice, but i think she'd encorage people to get creative on a song, she could help them vocally with her clasical background, give them warm up techniques and she should help them with how they dress and give them a crash course in media relations, because they're going to have to deal with it now.
I jsut wish people would leave her alone.
maybe if she didnt put in an effort to show her best side (as in who she is as a person) and acted like a brat, threw hissy fits and fell over with her pants down she'd be more relateable.... Hmmmm... I think I like my good role model the way she is and people who want to say otherwise--- well i'd tell them where they can go, but because I've learnt from Delta, I'll just send them love and light...........
Stay Classy :)

OFFLINE   DeltaGirl

DeltaGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
having read the scans - thanks artin fr posting - GO DELTA!!!

WOO WHOOO!!
lol
ok, i'm done now :)
Stay Classy :)

OFFLINE   vince1

vince1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
To me, this tabloid style HS opinion piece sounds like a storm in a teacup, nonetheless I have found it very interesting to read the responses posted on this thread. And I'm sure Delta appreciates the candidness AND encouragement here, and therefore finds it edifying to visit her fan forums... Someone hit a key nail on the head (certainly not the only one) when mentioning aspects of Delta's public image that she has found difficult to shake off since day dot (MissToastie?) . E.g. the 'goody two-shoes' image, or how her fame supposedly profited a lot from her early I.E. days combined with the Hodgkin's Lymphoma episode.

IMO, this HS article does have misogynist overtones, and is perhaps reflective of how a lot of the aussie public perceives her... esp. people who haven't taken the time and tolerance to 'study' her like forum members here have. It includes tall poppy syndrome attacking feminine brands of self-expression like Delta's which are seen as fake and contrived. Culturally speaking, it seems like women are received better here if they project a more 'ballsy' and 'tough' facade, yet are under more pressure than men to be glamorous like the rest of the world. Damned if they do or don't.

At the same time, it's evident that Delta needs to own her role in her public image. I understand that she is a very expressive, vulnerable and emotional person, and I know that she is not just a pretty face, even if she glams herself up in such a way as to compound that impression. Nonetheless it sounds like she is over-compensating & overdoing it with her emotional gestures, plus overdoing the trite expressions such as "amazing" , "incredible" and so on. I agree that she does need to find a sense of ease in her own skin, which would be aided by toning down the gush factor.

The recent Woman's Day article is evidently intended to address this image issue, particularly the bit where Delta talks about experiences like cancer altering one's life perspective so that you appreciate the important things in life and don't take them for granted. Which certainly contradicts the ditzy image implied in Fiona Byrne's criticism.

P.S. Murdoch rags such as Sydney Telegraph and Herald Sun don't exactly escape criticism either. Over the years I have seen oodles of instances on ABC TV's Media Watch where they've been pounced on for errors, inaccuracies, retractions, incorrect attributions or lack of it, regurgitating web pieces without checking etc. So it doesn't surprise me in the least if Darren Hayes was misquoted. HS & the Telegraph have made a sloppy sport out of reporting on Delta's ups and downs since IE days

Delta....as Pink Floyd would say, "shine on, you crazy diamond". You don't have to convince me of your talent and sincerity. B) Perhaps find some way to express more courage of your conviction, without the intensity and the gushing levels of praise? Just a thought.

Edited by vince1, 11 May 2012 - 11:48 AM.

OFFLINE   knightr634

knightr634

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
Interestingly this is happening in the Voice UK as well:

http://www.digitalsp...c-one-boss.html

Why are journalists out for female singers blood?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users