Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

ARTICLE: Delta is dull, contrived on The Voice

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,811 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Just found these on the Herald Sun website http://www.heraldsun...w-1226347226714:

Shameful attack on our Delta

WHAT a shameful article by Fiona Byrne on Delta Goodrem ("Delta is dull, contrived on The Voice", May 2).

Her tirade was a fabulous piece of writing for all the bullies out there who hate anyone who is attractive, smart and kind-hearted.

I'm glad my daughters look upon Delta as a fabulous role model.

What was actually the point Ms Byrne was trying to make anyway? Her article went nowhere and had no message, other than the fact she finds Delta to be an uninspiring person, based on the fact she is pretty and hasn't won a Grammy.

Pauline Francisco, Box Hill South

Beauty a curse for Goodrem
FIONA Byrne uses a third of a page telling us why Delta Goodrem is not suited to The Voice.
It seems being naturally talented, beautiful, well dressed and well rehearsed is such a curse for young Delta.
Of course Joel Madden, with his jewellery, tatts, coloured hair and annoying toothpick-chewing is just fine as a judge ... because he has more albums out.
Ian, Oakleigh

Michelle xx

xo.jpg
Delta: Thank you for everything - I will always support you.
27:10:2004 / 22:01:2005

OFFLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,376 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
^^^ Amen ^^^

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
theres not much point dwelling on this article... either delta proves her wrong and has a stellar run during the live shows or she just grits her teeth if more flack comes her way and moves to focusing solely on her music after the show ends and doesnt dream of doing another run..

at the end of the day, it is just one article.. im sure there are more favourable ones about Delta on the show..

OFFLINE   ninafan

ninafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
yeah Delta hasn't won a grammy yet(didn't it take Kylie a few years to win one?) but she has won countless of ARIAs which given the fact that the contestants first market will be Australia makes her qualified to be a coach/mentor on the Australian Voice. Danni, Kyle and Brian(unless he has with Westlife) haven't won a grammy and they're judges on Australia's Got Talent, Guy Sebastian no grammy and yet he's a coach/mentor on X Factor so there goes that arguement.

OFFLINE   JimJim

JimJim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
^ Just to answer your question, Kylie has only won a single Grammy, which was in 2004 for 'Come Into My World', sixteen years into her career.

OFFLINE   chanellerodger

chanellerodger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Totally random and off-topic, but the Terriyaki chef who cooked for me last night said he “hates cooking for Delta Goodrem” when she stays at the Marriott on the Gold Coast because she is “too fussy and picky.” When someone pointed out what an avid fan I am, he started talking about how “gorgeous” and “beautiful” and “kind” she was. Hmm...

OFFLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

KHALEESI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,386 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
wtf? the girl is allowed to be fussy and picky. It's a chef's job to cook, and to be able to cater for different people who like and eat different types of food. Oh and I hate when other people point out if you're a fan of someone and they're talking badly about them, they then try and make up for it by calling them all these nice names. and i'd much rather hear the truth of what they really want to say.

Like I honestly couldn't give a shit if someone I know irl or someone online hates Delta, they are allowed to like what they want, as long as they aren't rude about it.

Edited by Bernadette, 05 May 2012 - 06:03 PM.

'You drive me crazy'

tumblr_mb67vtEDcG1ryttoco2_500.gif

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,196 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
What about on the radio the other day where the dude was like "Delta isn't a nice person cause she didn't want to go on a plane that had propellors" HAHAHA maybe she didn't feel safe. Sure lets hate her for that. Society is funny.

eb979414-4f14-4146-b909-21bfdcdbe2b6_zps

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

KHALEESI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,386 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
omg that dude was just hilarious and matt and jo were like "Wtf is this guy serious?", I loved how Jo was like "maybe she's afraid of flying!!" and then after the next caller they totally ditched the segment since so many rude people were calling in.

'You drive me crazy'

tumblr_mb67vtEDcG1ryttoco2_500.gif

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,196 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Yeah...quite amusing when people hate someone for the most ridiculous reasons.

eb979414-4f14-4146-b909-21bfdcdbe2b6_zps

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   MissToastie

MissToastie

Claire Voyant.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
LOL. That chef would HATE me. I'm a vegetarian who is allergic to mushrooms (the most common ingredient in vegetarian food) and I hate anything creamy, anything too spicy and anything with not too much flavour. If I'm at a restaurant and my vegetables don't come out al dente, then I send it back :).

2cfz51j.gif

OFFLINE   Sophiebear

Sophiebear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 956 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^^ Toastie, I'm the same but allergic to tomatoes! That chef doesn't know the meaning of fussy. -.-

xo

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Martin

Martin

Unbreakable Flower

• Moderators
  • 506 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I noticed this thread is still going... Well all I have to say is WHO CARES? Come on guys, don't you think 7 pages of discussion on why some reporter is wrong is a bit too much?

Just focus on the positive things, I doubt Delta cares as much as you guys.

Posted Image

Martin

spLhTxt.png

OFFLINE   braveface

braveface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Once again Herald Sun is reporting rubbish on Delta http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/deltas-struggling-says-the-voices-darren-hayes/story-e6frf96f-1226347794236

And Darren Hayes himself says its not true https://twitter.com/...837851016794113

Edited by braveface, 06 May 2012 - 04:35 AM.

OFFLINE   dgireland

dgireland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

wtf? the girl is allowed to be fussy and picky. It's a chef's job to cook, and to be able to cater for different people who like and eat different types of food. Oh and I hate when other people point out if you're a fan of someone and they're talking badly about them, they then try and make up for it by calling them all these nice names. and i'd much rather hear the truth of what they really want to say.

Like I honestly couldn't give a shit if someone I know irl or someone online hates Delta, they are allowed to like what they want, as long as they aren't rude about it.

A family friend of mine was one of Delta's hairdressers in Sydney during the IE/MI days (not sure if he is anymore) but said she was genuinley the kindest, most down to earth girl in the world, and that no picture could do her justice!

and i know from experience all chefs have a huge chip on their shoulder for cooking for celebrities no matter who they are!

Edited by dgireland, 06 May 2012 - 06:09 AM.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,713 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

THE Voice mentor Darren Hayes says Delta Goodrem is struggling to show her true colours on the hit show.
Team Leader Goodrem has been portrayed as an indecisive drama queen during the battle rounds.
Asked to comment, Hayes, an advisor on Team Delta, said: ''I think the pressure when you're on a television show like The Voice is you're being seen in ways you've never shown people before.
''Reality television is about drama. It's entertainment and, unfortunately, in that role, everyone is under the spotlight.''
He said any criticism levelled at Goodrem is a ''storm in a teacup''.
''People are going to have opinions, but they always do,'' Hayes said.
''Sometimes, you'll get compliments, sometimes you'll get criticism. You try not to take it personally.''
But the former Savage Garden singer heaped praise on Keith Urban, also a mentor on The Voice.
Hayes was 15 and working in a Brisbane record shop when then-fledgling singer Urban made an in-store appearance.
A few years later, when Savage Garden conquered America, Urban went to their show and reflected on his first meeting with Hayes.
''He remembered that,'' Hayes said.
''He could be an a--hole, but he is one of the nicest people you'll meet in the business. It comes from a very genuine place.''
Hayes offered sincere congratulations to Melbourne singer Gotye whose hit Sombeody That I Used To Know recently went to No.1 in the US.
Savage Garden had two No.1 singles in America _ Truly, Madly, Deeply and I Knew I Loved You.

Asked about the after-effects of a US No.1 hit, Hayes said: ``It transforms your life. ``It's given me the luxury of making my strange little records which don't sell very many copies, but that's OK because I once had this incredible opportunity.''

Hayes said Gotye would ``not realise what this has done for his life yet.

``When you're in the moment, you're working harder than you ever have in your life, and you can't really take it in.''

Hayes has released a new single, Stupid Mistake.

Hayes' response: @theheraldsun I never once said @Delta_Goodrem was 'struggling' and I didn't conduct my interview with the journalist you've credited.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ it really is disappointing that this Delta bashing has taken on a life of its own this past week.. did the herald sun really need another article in as many days to try to paint delta as out of her depth.. i thought she had a good relationship with this paper in the past..

but once the live shows get goin hopefully delta can turn the tide and prove her doubters wrong.. there is plenty of time to turn it around yet... it just sucks that this bashing of her abilities as a judge has grown so heavy ... but in context it is just one week of this stuff ... and if delta keeps focused and ignores all this im sure she will come out of this all looking strong and totally worthy of her place on the show

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,713 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Brian McFaden's acerbic tongue in cheek aimed at Delta Goodrem

AUSTRALIA'S Got Talent judge Brian McFadden may be a happy, relaxed man these days, blissfully in love with his stunning partner Vogue Williams, but he still has a naughty, unpredictable side.

Posted Image
Delta Goodrem was described as "annoying" to which McFadden tweeted, "try living with the bitch". Getty Images

McFadden posted a surprisingly pointed tweet on Tuesday night in response to a posting in which his former fiancee, Delta Goodrem, was described as annoying.
A tweet from McFadden's page popped up reading: "try living with the bitch".
It was quickly deleted.
McFadden and Goodrem split last April after a seven-year relationship. The Irish-born singer is now set to marry Dancing with the Stars darling Williams in Italy in August.
McFadden's cheeky tongue also brought him a gentle reprimand from Williams following DWTS on Sunday after he booed judge Todd McKenney's comments about her waltz. "I am so proud of her, she is doing so well, she is working so hard," he said.
But Williams said: "We might place him further away from the judges next week."
McFadden and Williams will make Australia their home after they wed. McFadden is in the process of getting citizenship.

Brian Mcfadden@BrianMcFadden
Dear fionna Byrne and the herald sun. Today's article regarding me tweeting delta goodrem is false. You quoted the account @BrianMcFaddenn This person is a random tweeter and has no association with me. Please check facts next time before printing.

Whats even funnier is that she lied! The tweet was never deleted on the brianmcfaddenN account.

Rachael Connelly@raaaachy_
Delta annoys the hell out of me. #thevoiceau

1 May Brian McFaddenn@BrianMcFaddenn
@raaaachy_ Hey you should try living with the bitch!!! #TheVoiceA

What did Delta do to piss off the Herald Sun?

Posted Image

OFFLINE   dgireland

dgireland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Has all the new album and single promotion stopped in Australia?

It seems a bit random how there was a mini hype about the single and now nothing?

OFFLINE   dgireland

dgireland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Brian McFaden's acerbic tongue in cheek aimed at Delta Goodrem

AUSTRALIA'S Got Talent judge Brian McFadden may be a happy, relaxed man these days, blissfully in love with his stunning partner Vogue Williams, but he still has a naughty, unpredictable side.

Posted Image
Delta Goodrem was described as "annoying" to which McFadden tweeted, "try living with the bitch". Getty Images

McFadden posted a surprisingly pointed tweet on Tuesday night in response to a posting in which his former fiancee, Delta Goodrem, was described as annoying.
A tweet from McFadden's page popped up reading: "try living with the bitch".
It was quickly deleted.
McFadden and Goodrem split last April after a seven-year relationship. The Irish-born singer is now set to marry Dancing with the Stars darling Williams in Italy in August.
McFadden's cheeky tongue also brought him a gentle reprimand from Williams following DWTS on Sunday after he booed judge Todd McKenney's comments about her waltz. "I am so proud of her, she is doing so well, she is working so hard," he said.
But Williams said: "We might place him further away from the judges next week."
McFadden and Williams will make Australia their home after they wed. McFadden is in the process of getting citizenship.

Brian Mcfadden@BrianMcFadden
Dear fionna Byrne and the herald sun. Today's article regarding me tweeting delta goodrem is false. You quoted the account @BrianMcFaddenn This person is a random tweeter and has no association with me. Please check facts next time before printing.

Whats even funnier is that she lied! The tweet was never deleted on the brianmcfaddenN account.

Rachael Connelly@raaaachy_
Delta annoys the hell out of me. #thevoiceau

1 May Brian McFaddenn@BrianMcFaddenn
@raaaachy_ Hey you should try living with the bitch!!! #TheVoiceA

What did Delta do to piss off the Herald Sun?

this is a law suit waiting to happen - although that is false the vast majority of the country will read and believe it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users