Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

ARTICLE: Delta is dull, contrived on The Voice

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Adam :)

Adam :)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Hmmm this article cannot be called journalism. However it is probably true. She does appear to sometimes look like she does not know what she is talking about. But then do any of the judges? I have heard all of them , maybe bar Keith, give a response to a question that was not up to standard.

I feel like Delta's music is saying that the public have embraced her music again but not her due to this show. FML. I reckon that's what she's thinking too. What the hell can she do which doesn't evoke a strong hatred towards her? It's completely ridiculous. I can understand now why she took so long between albums. No matter what she does here in Australia she is constantly criticised.

At work I cop so much shit from everyone for loving Delta and her music. They all say the same thing - she is beautiful but boring. They don't like her on the Voice at all. The point is, a singer is here to make music, not to judge talent and mentor them. A manager and a record company do that for them. So maybe they should be the judge? And it is not so easy being in the public eye all the time. If delta were to come out not caring how she looked then they would comment on that too.

Fiona should probably stick to writing about things that the public need to know, not wasting time on an article dissing one of Australia's highest selling artists of all time.

End rant.

So I stand on this hill
With my flag held high
With the will to survive
Bullets flying by
Broken hears scattered on this battlefield
Holding out for something real
I won't give up
I won't give in
I fight for hope in this
WAR ON LOVE

OFFLINE   ninafan

ninafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

I felt like the article was written in a way to be controversial to get attention because the show has become such a big hit. People are talking and reading it because it's so nasty. If you have to criticize something Delta is probably the easiest target. She is the youngest, been in the business for shortest amount of time, and for some reason people really love to hate the pretty girl regardless of talent.

Personally, I love Delta on the show. I think she is really funny and has a good personality. Much better than Christina although she gets labeled as a bitch too. Well the wanted flat out called her a bitch last week- multiple times in fact.

The comparison between coaches is unfair. It is so much easier to make it in country music then any other genre. The country fan base is extremely loyal and much more accepting of new artists. Seal's first hit came when he was 29, and really what has he done since kiss from a rose? Joel hasn't done much in the last few years and is more known for being married to Nicolle Ritchie right now. It is the voice Australia and I think international success is irrelevant, and success in Australia Delta has them all beat.

Seal was known more for being Heidi Klum's husband that's gone now, I think he has a new album out not sure, you're right about Joel being known more for his wife now than his music which is wrong, Keith and Delta are probably the only ones who have real star power as far as us aussies are conserned Keith's known for his music(excellent music, not much of a country fan though but I like some of his stuff), his stints in rehab and on a lesser note being married to our Nic, Delta well she's more well known here now than in other countries which is unfortunate but hopefully with the new album that will change. I hate the articles about her but guess it's the tall poppy syndrome.

OFFLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Is anyone else perturbed by the extremely terse sentence structures in this article?

Delta does need to lighten up a little but she's by no means "contrived."

Australia is being a little ungrateful. Can we adopt Delta now?

OFFLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
They were talking about this article on the radio today and the people who called in made me sick, so many people just have an irrational hatred of her, I was yelling in my car at the people calling in she was called some nasty names and I believe no matter how Delta acts, because she is a woman she can't win.

If Delta does become more assertive and more i'll say more "bitchy", she'll be a bitch, and people will be hating on her for that, the way she's been show right now she's being criticized. She simply can't win, and I believe it's got to do with how society view successful women (and women in general). We have to be all these different types of things, and many of them contradict the other, and no woman is how society wants us to be. Society just loves to rip apart women.

No-one rips apart the male coaches, Seal to me (and my mum) has been coming across as an ass and a know it all, that his word is better than the rest of the judges, I think he's been far more rude than anything the way Delta has been shown.

I don't like the way Delta has been shown, I feel though, maybe she's nervous and is just getting her groove and she herself is finding her voice, to make her own decisions, Unless we were there when it was filmed, I can't really make any judgements, and so I don't know if it's editing and the way the show is portraying her.

In the end: Haters are gonna hate, and I really hope Delta does stay on for the second season.

OFFLINE   Future_JD

Future_JD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
^ couldn't have said it better. I completely agree. The media and public in general are so much more critical of women. It really is unfortunate.

I found the girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long.

I told her that I'd never leave...

OFFLINE   Martin

Martin

Unbreakable Flower

• Moderators
  • 507 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Christina gets the exact same treatment on the American one. If she's being too boring, she'll spice it up, then people will say she's too bitchy. If she's being sensitive to the contestants, people will say she is lying, but if she's bluntly honest she is being irrationally rude.

You guys just need to roll with the punches, who cares what other people think. Delta will stay on the show making six figure sums, while "The Herald Sun" reporter will sit on their fat ass typing away on their shoddy laptop, and eating their feelings cause Delta remains relevant. If Christina has taught me anything, it's how to handle bad press about my favourite, and I think now that Delta will be in the public eye non-stop, it is time for me to pass on my wisdom.

So join me, my fellow fans, in not caring.

Posted Image

spLhTxt.png

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,754 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
The former Savage Garden frontman describes his friend Delta as "a very decisive person" and "a fiercely independent woman" but asked if he were to give her any professional advice, he says affectionately, "If anything, I'd like to see Delta perhaps care less what people think of her."

http://music.ninemsn...owcomments=true

:( I hope Delta is having a good day. Its one thing for this article to be written but to have the radio stations listeners agree with it and then all the comments agreeing - its just horrible. I feel this is all unjustified and maybe it is because Delta's a girl - but its not just all girls. I'm sure if Pink was on the show, everyone would love her cause she doesnt take crap from anyone, but because Delta is not a rock chick and has this perception of being a real girly girl (which shes actually not, or wasnt until recently) - people feel the need to put her down.

EDIT: I also agree that Delta is an easy target. She's getting shit for asking help from Darren, but thats why he's there and the other coaches are doing the same thing. And in the article above she actually disagreed with both acts on last nights show with Darren Hayes. People just love to hate her and will find anything to voice it...

Posted Image

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Agreed, Brad. People just love to hate. Delta just can't win. No matter what she does, she will constantly be criticised. It really shits me.

OFFLINE   chilloutman

chilloutman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Seems there's no winning for her...

I think that people say she's 'dull and boring' just because she's not out there being a 'skank' like the rest of the female celeberties, Delta is natural and beautiful and whats so wrong for looking glamarous? I say people judge her and hate on her simply because they are jealous of her, she is beautiful and she knows she is, nothing wrong with that!

I have no seen the voice but from what I've read some of the aticle could be true.
They forget she is still sort of a new artist compared to the other 3 judges.

When I get knocked out

Before you count to ten

I'll get up again

And if I get knocked down

After I hit the floor

I'll be coming back at you

OFFLINE   Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I think its just the way they edit "The Voice" and its all just good TV entertainments - that article was very harsh and I feel for Delta :(
I hope this negative talk dies down - everyone that's met Delta knows how amazing she is and far from dull, if I was Delta I wouldn't want to continue doing it next year if this doesn't die down. I think Delta is doing her very best being a coach and on this show. :)

I know this is all part of the set up and game but I feel they should have 2 male and 2 female singers being coachs.

Edited by Zoe, 02 May 2012 - 09:45 PM.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   purple.is.a.fruit

purple.is.a.fruit

marshmallow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts
I don't get all the hate for Delta. Sure, not everyone likes her, but why hate on someone you don't even know? Seeing this stuff just gets me so worked up..
  • Zoe likes this

10593262-ad5c-4744-bcc1-ecb28765656b_zps

OFFLINE   FlawedImperfection

FlawedImperfection

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
She was really driving the performers from her team last night, and she was getting the best out of them. If anything, Seals teams produced the worst performance of the night, so it shows that not only is Delta a talent herself, but she is better at recognising the talent in others and how to work best with them. I think it has been clear from the start that Delta is the underdog and she has the potential to produce the winner. She has the skills and determination to do so! And we know she will, this reporter will be eating her own words.

And I feel the article is also an attack on her character. I find the majority of people that have expressed their dislike about her to me are foul mouthed smoking drinking bogans who don't like people who have a bit of poise and class about them, simply labelling her as "stuck up". If anything, her manners and poise should be an example to all about what good behaviour is.

And we should all cast our minds back to when she was on Australian Idol...I mean...totally different kind of show, because it had quite a bit of focus on the train wrecks that came in as opposed to genuine talent The Voice showcases, she still had some fire in the belly about some other peoples auditions. She can fire up if she wants to...

OFFLINE   bryndavis

bryndavis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts
Awful, awful article. It's essentially a public hate letter.

I'm not in Australia - I do not understand the public's perception of Delta, but I know from the UK how quickly the media and public can turn against high profile female celebrities: Cheryl Cole for example, when they don't do anything wrong.

I hope Delta can rise above this and just carry on going strength to strength. I haven't seen much of the show at all and it saddens me that people aren't warming to her as a judge, but perhaps she can prove them wrong.

If I was her right now I would be seriously considering writing an open letter back to this journalist and newspaper. I hope she's really successful in other territories this era to prove some naysayers wrong.

ONLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,096 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
This is what part of being a celebrity is.
Bad reviews, good reviews, personal jabs, professional stabbings, Delta will deal.
and if she can't deal she'll quit. Or take a long long long break again...

I agree with it to a point! She NEEDS to get back to her honest true self, needs to stop repressing bad emotions, needs to embrace how she really feels opposed to how she thinks she should respond to certain situations, feels she should make her music like, feels like the general public wants from her (positive pollyanna of wholesome sexlessness) et cetera...
She needs to show her strength, not on The Voice since it is such a positive inspiring show, but she NEEDS to let it all out before it hurts her!

oh and resorting to calling other women skanks for being okay with their sexualities and doing what they want to do WILL NOT SOLVE THIS ISSUE!!
and I'm sure Delta would hate her fans to resort to such petty hate spreading!

Edited by delbrit, 02 May 2012 - 10:41 PM.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   GrrArgh

GrrArgh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I'm also fed up with people being so hateful towards Delta.

It's what I hate the most about Australia - tall poppy syndrome. Whenever someone gets successful, people always have to tear them down. It's ridiculous. I can understand why so many people move overseas, why Delta has done it; she needs to be away from all the negativity. If you lived that day in, day out, you'd go insane; Delta obviously felt that after the Mistaken Identity era and so she moved overseas. It seems that has never really gone away.

Some people still claim she is using the cancer card wherever she goes - I can't believe how insensitive some people are.

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Some people still claim she is using the cancer card wherever she goes - I can't believe how insensitive some people are.

What's worse, is some people say that she simply had a 'brush with cancer' or some shit like that. I've never been through cancer myself, but I've had relatives who have died because of it, when they were perfectly healthy and looked after themselves all their lives. It's a bitch and it changes a person forever. I'm amazed at how brave cancer survivors are. Delta went through it at such a young age and is always so positive, despite it. For people to say such silly things, clearly shows how ill-informed they are and incredibly inconsiderate.

Edited by dj030892, 02 May 2012 - 10:21 PM.

OFFLINE   Adam :)

Adam :)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Don't get me started on the cancer thing. My nan passed away in October last year from Cancer. She was the healthiest and fittest person I know. But it melted her down to nothing. For people to say "oh she uses the cancer thing" or I have even heard people say she faked is f***ing ridiculous. After watching my nan deteriorate the way she did, no one would ever fake it. And for people to say she used it as a ploy or whatever is stupid. Cancer changes your life. It is a part of you, even if you don't want to it defines you. Once you've suffered cancer once you are still susceptible to it and it there is a higher risk of it developing again. So for people to talk about that is absolute crap.

I say this not only to defend Delta but also the millions of people out there that have or have been touched by cancer. It's horrible.

So I stand on this hill
With my flag held high
With the will to survive
Bullets flying by
Broken hears scattered on this battlefield
Holding out for something real
I won't give up
I won't give in
I fight for hope in this
WAR ON LOVE

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,811 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I saw the article in the Herald Sun today and I could not believe a journalist panned Delta like this.

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,754 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ It really is harsh aye Johnson

Posted Image

ONLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Everyone has pretty much said what I was going to say on the issue.

Fair enough she's getting some criticism. I have felt she didn't come across the way I had hoped she would in the Blind Auditions. The thing that makes me cringe the most was the comment "I have hot girlfriends" to the dude to persuade him to come on her team. She could have said other things before that and they've edited it in but it felt like she was trying hard enough to lure contestants to her team and I think that showed with most contestants choosing other mentors. However, this is something new she needs time to get used to it and I've already seen a vast improvement in how she was in the first Battle Round episodes. I think this is where she will flourish. I think she lacked in the persuasive / selling herself that is needed in the Blind Auditions. I don't care if people dislike her for her decisions on the show, that's just part of it, but the attack on her character and people acting like they know her really annoys me. It's a challenge she will have to face, even though I hope she wouldn't care. She just comes across as a sensitive person so it pains me after everything this week, she can't catch a break and I hope she doesn't let it get to her. It's really unfair when everyone lays the boots in at once.

What has she ever done to anyone?! You don't like her music, so be it. You don't like her choices of contestants on The Voice, meh who cares. She gives everyone the time of day, she isn't rude, what do people want. When people are directing personal attacks on her character and making assumptions about her based on the edited episodes we've seen is downright nasty and reactive. How can you judge someone's performance when they haven't even finished yet? Unless Fiona Byrne was there for the entire filming, what would she know! Even if she was, it doesn't give her the right to attack Delta like this. The consensus of the article discusses her appearance mainly and implies that she's vain and camera conscious (I didn't notice that but others have said it so I'll take note in future) which is ridiculous. This best angle / she knows her best angles is the biggest WTF! Don't know what she (Fiona) is doing when she's watching the episodes.

What do people expect from Delta? She can't do anything without people bagging her. Truly frustrating. What I hope going forward is that she continues what she has started in the Battle Rounds by showing her creative side and that her mentoring helps create amazing artists and performances. I love how seeing her behind the scenes with the contestants shows off her musical talents, gives a great insight into her creative processes. I respect her more and more with every episode. No one can deny her talent, no one can deny her success over 3 albums and no one knows her besides Delta herself. Anyway to conclude a really unnecessary article that is based on the opinions of many (probably going through her Twitter feed) and has no fact but she is trying to make it come across as fact (I know it's called an opinion piece for a reason). I guess Delta won't give her the time of day in the future. I would love Delta to show us her bitchier / nastier side but it would be too drastic a change from the more well mannered, lovely Delta we've known for ages. We all know she isn't miss innocent eyes still. Roll on Live shows - no editing / no hiding. Would love if a Team Delta member won. Stick it up everyone. Through all this stuff I still stand proud to be huge fan of this woman. I'll just have to wear the rest that comes with it.

2nu8181.png

"Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx" - Delta Goodrem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users