Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Favourite Experience with Delta.

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Tayla

Tayla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
Mine is...

When i met her & brian at Martin Pl, Sydney in 2009.
She was absolutely lovely and spoke to my mum on the phone and said happy birthday to her :)

Delta is Amazing! :P

Attached Files

dear fortune and love, i heard favor the brave.
and if thats case then you'll always be safe
cause your the bravest man i've ever known

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Ali

Ali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Many moons ago at her first Brisbane instore. Pics :D

Posted Image
Posted Image

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,690 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Well it has to be meeting her for the first time! A forum friend (Linda) won tickets to see her perform at the Cafe Royal in London and meet her afterwards! I still to this day can't believe it actually happened!!

Attached File  photo1fairycuddle.jpg   481.83KB   15 downloads

~Michelle xx

xo.jpg
Delta: Thank you for everything - I will always support you.
27:10:2004 / 22:01:2005

OFFLINE   Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Last time I saw her in person last year, I was at Brian's club gig and Delta was in the general audience just like everyone else!

I was standing there with my mum while the poor lady got crowded!
My mum was trying to push me to get her attention but I just couldn't! So I just stood there and watched her as lots of people came up to greet her or want to dance with her.

After a few moments she went back to the safety of the backstage area.. just as Delta was going away from everyone she saw me and came back for me.. she seriously didn't have to do that..I was so excited and went home smiling! Super special things like that makes me love her even more!

Posted Image

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,690 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
^Ah yes she is pretty amazing like that!! She always notices everyone and has time for everyone :) That's why we love her so much :D

xo.jpg

OFFLINE   Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Very True! By the way, love all your photos! :D

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Will get back to you ;)

eb979414-4f14-4146-b909-21bfdcdbe2b6_zps

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   jessi20688

jessi20688

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
They're all favourites.. 3 particular times though... Meeting Delta at the Hilton in Brisbane after soundcheck for the reopening of David Jones launch thing. It was just 6 of us forumers :D Then before the Christmas concert. The most recent one was at Cloudland in Brisbane last year. A few forumers and I waited 5 hours in the rain then got let in for her entire soundcheck (nearly an hour total). She was so patient with getting photos with us and signing stuff even when we were getting kicked out for them to finish setting up. Love her :D

Jess
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Ali

Ali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Well it has to be meeting her for the first time! A forum friend (Linda) won tickets to see her perform at the Cafe Royal in London and meet her afterwards! I still to this day can't believe it actually happened!!

~Michelle xx

I remember that. You were so excited and thankful for Linda to share the prize. All because you missed out my a minute or two at Regents Park picnic. :D
Posted Image

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,690 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

~Michelle xx

I remember that. You were so excited and thankful for Linda to share the prize. All because you missed out my a minute or two at Regents Park picnic. :D

Yeah it was the most amazing feeling! And I still am forever thankful haha! It was pretty rubbish missing out that day, but I got to meet some wonderful people instead! I hope we can have another meet up one day!

~Michelle xx

xo.jpg

OFFLINE   Sohan

Sohan

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 321 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
ohhh my 2 favourite would probably be the parramatta instore where i got my plaque signed and she remembered me from before and she was really excited haha :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

the second is when i saw her at the xmas carols concert, it was my 17th birthday and she sang happy birthday to me!

Posted Image

sohan . 19 . sydney // Here-I-Am027 from DGOF

tweet tweet . blog . tumblr . linkedin . the sohan and marni show
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Rosey

Rosey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Ahh...so hard to choose!...Seriously haha.

Posted Image
THIS...because it was the first time I actually said more than 2 words to her...and because that day was amazing...mum waited something like 7 hours in what was sun and then changed to hail untill I met her..

Posted Image
THIS...because as embarrassing as my emotions were that day [this includes almost bursting into tears while talking to her...:P] I was young and the memories from that day will never fade! Especially when I still look at what she wrote on my single and album :)

Posted Image
THIS...because anyone who was their that afternoon knows what happened!!!

Posted Image
THIS...because the way that day unfolded was unexpected and completely..amazing.

A new day, a secret, a fire in me and a lover
When you think you’ve taken everything
Here I am discovered, here I am uncovered

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,690 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Posted Image
THIS...because it was the first time I actually said more than 2 words to her...and because that day was amazing...mum waited something like 7 hours in what was sun and then changed to hail untill I met her..

Posted Image
THIS...because as embarrassing as my emotions were that day [this includes almost bursting into tears while talking to her...:P] I was young and the memories from that day will never fade! Especially when I still look at what she wrote on my single and album :)

Posted Image

Posted Image
THIS...because the way that day unfolded was unexpected and completely..amazing.

Lovely pictures there Rosey and so many memories for you :) I love how as you look from the first picture to the last, Delta holds on tighter to you each time! :D

~Michelle xx

xo.jpg

OFFLINE   Elissa

Elissa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I've never met her :( :( :(
But she's never done instores or anything like that here so its harder I guess.
But next time she tours or comes here I am going to do everything I can to meet her!

BUT she tweeted me for the first time the other day so that kinda counts I guess :wub:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
@elissaloo.

DGOF name was LissaLoo.

OFFLINE   Rosey

Rosey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Lovely pictures there Rosey and so many memories for you :) I love how as you look from the first picture to the last, Delta holds on tighter to you each time! :D

~Michelle xx

Hehe thankyou Michelle! Haha..I never noticed that...but Now that I look at it thats kinda cool! Haha :P

xx

By the way...just saying...pretty much every meeting has been my favourite but I just choose those because I didnt want to post the other 6 or so meetings...and these days stand out especially :)

A new day, a secret, a fire in me and a lover
When you think you’ve taken everything
Here I am discovered, here I am uncovered

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,690 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
^That's fine Rosey :) How many times have you met her now? I wonder how many hours that has been spent standing in the cold/heat/rain/sun?!!

xo.jpg

OFFLINE   Tayla

Tayla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was there the same day of the first picture. I stood in like for AGESSSSSSSS and my friend passed out so we got to see her for longer than everyone else. it was awesome :) we spent like 15 mins just talking and admiring her engagement ring :D

dear fortune and love, i heard favor the brave.
and if thats case then you'll always be safe
cause your the bravest man i've ever known

Posted Image

OFFLINE   ninafan

ninafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
so many fav Delta moments there's March 12th 2005(first time) and that face she pulled when I told her that the chocolate carrots were for Lea not her also her saying I love the Breltas also telling Lea about the chocolate carrots since I know how Delta Lea Goodrem is when it comes to chocolate, Brian forgetting the words at Visualise during AH and Delta telling Rich that they won't do it again, Delta dancing to LWY when I played it on my phone at Rove 2006 and getting a new picture with her, Melbourne Cup Day saw Delta live and won $45 a very good day,

2007 hmm what happened then oh yeah the today show mini concert and finally getting something signed by Brian(ok Brian moment), also giving Jo Delta's manager the forum's get well messages and present for Lea not long after her cancer dianosis I also gave Jo chocolate for Delta, 2008 saw Delta 3 times and got 2 new photos both of Brian's concert at the Palms and Rove I was in the audience for that as well, 2009 Delta speaking to my friend Carley on the phone the day before I saw her in concert Carley unfortunately can't make it to Melbourne very often so I told her I would try and get Delta to speak to her, the concert itself and being one of the first to get Delta's autograph afterwards(still not gotten predictable signed) Brian moment happened afterwards I kinda chased him and my sister turned pap.

Edited by ninafan, 24 June 2011 - 12:09 AM.

OFFLINE   xx_Vness_xx

xx_Vness_xx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Well when I was little my first concert was Deltas! It was sooo good! we got VIP tix and got to meet Brian, her mum and the band :D
It was a good first concert :D
Posted Image

OFFLINE   fbi_woman

fbi_woman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I think my favourite would have to be Tuesday. Even though we just had a few minutes, it was just incredible how it all came together and I was so touched that they actually drove around the block looking for me and went out of their way to make sure I got to see her. Not many people would do that.

And then my favourite non-meeting her memory would be the day after Bocelli in December 2009, when I found out she left me a card and candle at her hotel because I'd waited outside in the cold all day before the show and didn't get to see her. No one had ever done something so thoughtful for me before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users