Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Delta Goodrem is the new face of Swisse

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   JimJim

JimJim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Let's be honest here, what Australian on TV isn't the face of Swisse? :lol:

OFFLINE   purple.is.a.fruit

purple.is.a.fruit

marshmallow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts
I love that photo.

46c99c21-fb13-43d9-86e4-33c571a2e3cc_zps

say you'll see me again, even if it's just in your wildest dreams

OFFLINE   yvi

yvi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
OMG THIS IS BEAU-TI-FUUUUL :wub:

tumblr_mlrwyw9RjF1qbq2c0o1_250.png

hold on &' be strong.

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,979 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Oh great. Here we go again.

xo.jpg
Delta: Thank you for everything - I will always support you.
27:10:2004 / 22:01:2005

OFFLINE   Cazzaline

Cazzaline

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Yes I want to know if she was in Mornington too cause if so I am disappointed I didn't get to see her :P but yes I am worried about her returning to advertising. This could be bad. I still have a bit of uneasilyness left from when she did all those ads a few years back!

OFFLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
At least it's an upgrade from the cheap ass looking proactiv and sunsilk and even so good ads.. cannot even compare tbqh.

lol lbr everyone knows all the celebs who go on proactiv and endorce it do it for cash, people aren't silly. Nothing wrong with it either, their life, it's extra cash so be it.

OFFLINE   braveface

braveface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

More money for delta= a Happier delta= better music! Wooot

Actually, more money for Delta = more holidays for Delta = less music

OFFLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

More money for delta= a Happier delta= better music! Wooot

Actually, more money for Delta = more holidays for Delta = less music

She gotta do, what she gotta do to keep living her lifestyle~

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

At least it's an upgrade from the cheap ass looking proactiv and sunsilk and even so good ads.. cannot even compare tbqh.

lol lbr everyone knows all the celebs who go on proactiv and endorce it do it for cash, people aren't silly. Nothing wrong with it either, their life, it's extra cash so be it.

it really is disappointing imo when someone sticks their name to something they dont believe in purely for money... it might be the ways of the world for most celebs but just cuz others do it, it dont mean you have to jump on the bandwagon too.. just my opinion..

i think it isnt as harmless a practice sometimes too.. proactiv is a particularly targetted product at people who suffer with conditions like acne and stuff.. people who respect someone like delta value her word and when she plugged it, they believed it would help them.. there is a trust and respect thing there.. thats why companies use stars to kinda manipulate people into believing in a product .. i dislike seeing stars resorting to this kinda stuff for easy cash... just my opinion though

Edited by greeneyes, 29 April 2012 - 09:32 PM.

OFFLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

it really is disappointing imo when someone sticks their name to something they dont believe in purely for money... it might be the ways of the world for most celebs but just cuz others do it, it dont mean you have to jump on the bandwagon too.. just my opinion..

i think it isnt as harmless a practice sometimes too.. proactiv is a particularly targetted product at people who suffer with conditions like acne and stuff.. people who respect someone like delta value her word and when she plugged it, they believed it would help them.. there is a trust and respect thing there.. thats why companies use stars to kinda manipulate people into believing in a product .. i dislike seeing stars resorting to this kinda stuff for easy cash... just my opinion though

(also everyone please take my posts with a grain of salt, not everything I say I mean seriously, lol)

I understand what you're saying and I do agree, it is annoying but meh it happens just so often now that it's ridic and that I really don't care if a celeb believes in it or not, to me it just means new photoshoots and whatnot which are always a plus for me personally.

tbqh, I don't think the general public does respect Delta, they see her as "Delta Goodrem, shes sold waht? 2/3 albums, she once had cancer I do not curr" they simply just don't care about her whether or not she has chosen to endorse a product and most people dislike her anyway.. so...

OFFLINE   Nichole-Delta

Nichole-Delta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Thanks heaps for that Artin... :-) she looks so beautiful.
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,898 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Y'all need to calm down. As if it's going to be like last time. She has new music to release now, she had nothing last time.

I'm excited about this. :)

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   Bernadette

Bernadette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Y'all need to calm down. As if it's going to be like last time. She has new music to release now, she had nothing last time.

I'm excited about this. :)

Artin

I agree!

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

(also everyone please take my posts with a grain of salt, not everything I say I mean seriously, lol)

I understand what you're saying and I do agree, it is annoying but meh it happens just so often now that it's ridic and that I really don't care if a celeb believes in it or not, to me it just means new photoshoots and whatnot which are always a plus for me personally.

tbqh, I don't think the general public does respect Delta, they see her as "Delta Goodrem, shes sold waht? 2/3 albums, she once had cancer I do not curr" they simply just don't care about her whether or not she has chosen to endorse a product and most people dislike her anyway.. so...

i suspect u may be right.. people just dont care probs ... at the end of the day, it is her life and she can stick her name to her favourite tampons for all i care lol.. but i just think this kinda stuff can be tricky to pull off right.. it might be fast cash but i think it has potential to hurt ur credibilty when flit from plugging brand to brand..

but like i say, this is one tiny endorsement... its just a personal peeve for me when stars plug stuff like proactiv and u know they prob wouldnt let it touch their skin!!! it doesnt sit right with me if you are smiling to the camera swearing this shit has changed ur life blah blah and u honestly dont mean a word of it... but that is a general criticism of this practice in the entertainment biz and not a personal crtique of delta

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,769 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I dont like it. The thought of Delta doing another advertisement makes me feel sick. I just really want it to be all about the music and thankfully The Voice is. Ads piss me off in general and Delta did way too many in 2009 and I thought we were done with that.

Rihanna did skin care advertising and it worked really really well for her because she cross promoted her single Umbrella and that song went gangbusters. Perhaps thats the plan with cross-promoting Deltas music.

Its just so sickening though. Delta's gorgeous, she knows it, but she wants to get paid for it.

Gorgeous Hair = Sunsilk
Beautiful Skin = Proactiv and now Swisse
Healthy Body = Sanitarium

Its like, look at me I'm so perfect - be like me and buy what I'm selling. I really really hate it.

I love Delta Goodrem a lot - everyone knows that. But I'm losing that part of her that made her special. Mistaken Identity is my favourite album of hers - she was raw and honest and songs like Fragile and Sanctuary are why I listen to Delta's music and I feel we've lost that. It probably seems like I'm overreacting over one little endorsement deal but it frustrates me. It should be all about the music.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   xoxo...DG...xoxo

xoxo...DG...xoxo

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,581 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
As long as there aren't too many advertisements on a roll together then its alright! Lovely pic though :) xxx

OFFLINE   FairyCuddle

FairyCuddle

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,979 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

I dont like it. The thought of Delta doing another advertisement makes me feel sick. I just really want it to be all about the music and thankfully The Voice is. Ads piss me off in general and Delta did way too many in 2009 and I thought we were done with that.

Rihanna did skin care advertising and it worked really really well for her because she cross promoted her single Umbrella and that song went gangbusters. Perhaps thats the plan with cross-promoting Deltas music.

Its just so sickening though. Delta's gorgeous, she knows it, but she wants to get paid for it.

Gorgeous Hair = Sunsilk
Beautiful Skin = Proactiv and now Swisse
Healthy Body = Sanitarium

Its like, look at me I'm so perfect - be like me and buy what I'm selling. I really really hate it.

I love Delta Goodrem a lot - everyone knows that. But I'm losing that part of her that made her special. Mistaken Identity is my favourite album of hers - she was raw and honest and songs like Fragile and Sanctuary are why I listen to Delta's music and I feel we've lost that. It probably seems like I'm overreacting over one little endorsement deal but it frustrates me. It should be all about the music.

Totally agree Brad. In some ways it makes her loose her credibility as an artist. She's only just starting back out releasing new music and already she is resorting to endorsements? The ads from 2009 were awful and did nothing for her. I honestly thought this era was going to be different and things seemed to be going well with it all just being about the music. Now I'm confused with where Delta plans to go. I desperately want Delta to be known for her musical talent and live shows, for it just to be all about the music. Maybe there is some grand plan behind this and maybe I shouldn't be so quick to say this, but I just don't think Delta needs to do this! It can only be for the money because why would Delta feel the need to put her name to yet another product. It seems so unnecessary.

xo.jpg
Delta: Thank you for everything - I will always support you.
27:10:2004 / 22:01:2005

OFFLINE   MissToastie

MissToastie

Claire Voyant.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Couldn't agree more with Brad.

Why not keep it to music. She's known for her music, why is she signing up for all these beauty things. Focus on one thing Delta before everyone gets sick and tired of you.

2cfz51j.gif

OFFLINE   x3fig

x3fig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Oh yeah wasn't she filming an ad for Weetbix a while back? I legitimately want to know how many she 'does' lol :)
I do agree that it would be best if the ad was used for cross promotion with a new single but if not, I'll still enjoy seeing Delta on my tv/in magazines/anywhere :D
Also, she looks amazing in that picture :o

OFFLINE   Mrslivinlife

Mrslivinlife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Unfortunately its not all about the music these days and u know what i dont care... Singers have personalities and if being in adds show more of it then yay and also i would really like delta to be back on neighbours one day (L). Oh and wasnt she in a wii add or something that was funny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users