- Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
- Most Liked Content
Login to Account Create an Account
Most Liked Content
Posted by impossible_princess on 03 November 2012 - 01:24 PM
Just wanted to let you know how I much I appreciate the effort you made last night, even though you would have been in such horrendous pain. I originally joined this forum over 10 years ago, and was active up until the last couple of years, but just so you know... Everyone who was there last night, has known and loved you for over a decade. We've grown up with you, your music has helped us through the trials of being a teenager and even into adult hood. For me it's more personal, when I was 15 I went to a forum lunch with you at the intercontinental hotel, I was the girl who had an eating disorder, and you sat me down and told me I was beautiful and spent one on one time with me that meant the world. You called me on my 16th birthday, and you wrote my Pop a card when he was diagnosed with terminal cancer when I was 19.
I'm sure I can speak for everyone who was there last night, when I say, your health is more important than anything else. Your welfare comes first. Your fans love you like family, and that's because you do the same right back, so you just focus on getting better beautiful girl, and don't worry about anything else. We will always have your best interests at heart <3
Lots of love
Posted by Artin on 03 June 2012 - 09:42 PM
- Released in 2012.
- Longer than 30 seconds.
- Surprisingly, Delta will be singing on the track.
- The letter e will be present in at least one of the words. There could be more, but I want to be safe
Posted by Artin on 06 November 2012 - 05:28 PM
Delta, I still love you as a fan and that I'll still support you no matter what.
I just wish that you'd choose a dress that's suitable for you.
She overdressed herself a bit too much, My advice is to give the dress to Nicki Minaj, She's knows the colour pink a lot more then Delta does.
She would surely give you some pointers for next year.
I completely agree. Delta should've worn this but in pink:
Posted by Artin on 10 August 2012 - 05:13 PM
Posted by Berkus on 02 November 2012 - 10:44 PM
I think she came on stage close to 45mins after Rachael finished her set. You could tell something was up because the wait really was unusually long. Anyway, she eventually came out and did SOTOTW. Afterwards, she gave a little mini speech about how she burnt her legs and she was in excruciating pain. She was contemplating not coming on stage but said there is no way she would disappoint the fans without giving it a shot. She even rolled up her pants to show us. Lol she was like "I don't think anyone would wanna kiss that better" I could think of a million guys who would think otherwise D
There were little signs throughout the show where you could tell she was hurting, like the way she was sitting on the stool, looking down and holding her legs. Despite this, she still managed to get on the piano and start jamming to Throw it away. She ran out about halfway through the OOTB/BS medley, but being the trooper that she is, came back to finish it off. Something about the knocked out performance also seemed a bit off, like she was signalling her guitarist to cut the song short or something. Maybe someone else can elaborate on that...
She was about halfway through Kissing You and she started to quietly whisper to the backup singers that she can't do it anymore, that she was seriously about to faint. She ran off stage. The band continued to play the IE/MI medley with the backups occasionally providing vocals. That's when the announcer said that Delta can't continue anymore.
All I can think after this is how utterly shattered she must feel. I feel so bad for her more than anything. You can tell she tried her absolute hardest and the crowd was totally behind her. She was extremely personable and very funny. How anyone can call her fake after seeing what I saw tonight, I will never know. Just goes to show how dedicated and loyal she is to us. Don't think there is another celebrity remotely like her.
What really pissed me off though was that as we were leaving, this bitch of a devil woman could be heard yelling something like "I got a scratch on my head and I still went to work today, she gets a little bit of hot water on her legs and can't sing? I want my money back." Hope that bitch gets what's coming to her!
So yeah. What we can take from this is that we're extremely proud of you Delta for managing to get through as much as you did. She could've just as easily cancelled but decided to give it a red hot go.
Posted by Paddyl90 on 27 July 2013 - 12:48 AM
Posted by Rossy88 on 02 November 2012 - 10:39 PM
Burns are terrible and of course if she's burnt herself she isn't going to do her show! I got a second degree burn recently on my back and I have never been in so much pain- I certainly wouldn't have been sat on a piano performing music!
Not everything has to turn into a personal attack. Let's remember why we're here...
Posted by Bernadette on 02 November 2012 - 10:14 PM
There goes her album sales, Sorry guys but I'm being realistic here.
You need to get out right now, we're not here for your bullshit.
Delta has seriously hurt herself and was in a lot of pain. From tweets i've read before Delta left the stage she told everyone she was going to faint and went off stage, and before that she went off stage because she was in pain and not feeling well and came back.
She also went to the hospital and came back (when it happened this afternoon) and performed around half of the songs from the setlist.
Burns are serious, and you're thinking about album sales? seriously, no. That would be the LAST thing on ANYONE'S minds right now.
After Delta going through cancer and all of that, we all should know that her health comes #1, but because Delta is Delta she put her fans before her health tonight and performed her very best until she couldn't anymore. AMAZING.
Health >>>>>>> album sales.
Posted by Paddyl90 on 16 June 2013 - 11:03 PM
Thought this message is important!
Can we please resist the urge to upload the song to any YouTube, Soundcloud etc. for at least a few days. Least we can still enjoy it but more importantly no one else can rip it off those sites and lose sales?
Just thought be a good message to spread. Just get those initial sales.
Posted by Paddyl90 on 19 April 2013 - 09:07 PM
I've been doing my fair share of FB, Twitter research on Delta hate during the Voice and found a recurring theme of reasons and trends why people hate on her. Initially it bothered me but after the second and third night it just became old and made me feel a lot better about how Delta is doing on the show. Here are the comments that generally come up.
1) "Shut the fuck up Delta" - we know Delta can go on a rant of gibberish sometimes which we all love and find endearing but can understand it annoying some. But apparently she shouldn't say anything on the show. What a great show that would be. If anyone rants it's Seal but anyway....they all do it.
2) "Sit the fuck down and stop dancing Delta" - Delta has self-proclaimed herself to not be the best dancer but loves to dance even though it's not her strongest talent. Think there's a good message in that...just because you might not be good at something doesn't mean you have to sit on your hands and not get involved. I've not seen one comment about the others dancing but it's only annoying when she does it. Funny.
3) "Stop buzzing right after someone else does" - It's not as if she waits for someone else to and then buzzes. There's strategy involved....and once again no one picks it up when others do it.
4) "Delta is so fake" - This is the biggest and most common comment made about Delta. I understand part of it and how it can come across that way but at the end of the day this is something that she can't change because she is actually being herself and will cop regardless. I honestly think people don't believe anyone could be that nice all the time. The thing is we know how Delta is...she is a hippy at heart, she's very spiritual and very much about positive energies and spirits and all she wants to do is spread positivity and a lot of people don't care for that. Each to their own. I'd argue last year she was being someone she wasn't a lot of the time but this year she has let it go and it's helped her so much. She's stronger for it now.
5) "Delta is sleeping with everyone" - Another one. It's amazing how many people just assume what is published in the papers / magazines is true. At the end of the day I'd love to have all these people who make comments like that have their private lives and personal details put out there, with lies spread about them, and see how they like it. But at the end of the day...who cares what she does in her personal life? How does this give you a reason to hate her? It's amazing how many perfect people there are out there.
6) Also women....this is a generalisation.... but how catty can you be ? 70% of the hate comments are made from women. A lot of them from same Twitter / FB accounts night after night. What is the need to constantly bitch and slag off one another. I don't get it being a guy...we're just different, yeah we're not perfect either...we can bitch but in our own way....but it's just a common trend I've seen on social media. A lot of women are nasty when it comes to hating on their own.
So there's what I've seen / read / heard. I'm not out there trying to cure all the hate out there...people will hate regardless I know that and this is the public eye and comes with the territory. But after initially hating all these comments...they have become so boring and repetitive and has made me feel so much better about it all. All these things are so petty and trivial yet drive so much hatred. God forbid she did something worth hating her over. If all of that is the worst she can be then she is a pretty amazing person. I'm proud to say a lot of people have actually started liking her a lot more this year as a result of the Voice.
Stay proud Delta fans. Don't take it personally....don't feed the trolls....it's not worth it. Never any harm in sharing your love and support out there for her and spreading your experiences and stories. We can match the amount of hate with love. At the end of the day the more haters....the more Delta for us.
Posted by Artin on 22 October 2012 - 09:15 PM
Hunters and The Wolves
I like how she's just straight to the point, but would love it more if she elaborated on it!
Aaaah noo! I was hoping she'd delve a little more deeper into this song
Really curious as to how she explains speed of life, war on love and lost all love 4 you. And alcohol if she includes that.
Something like this...
Speed of Life: "You know, Speed of life is just about the speed of life and this universe. And I'm shaking and it's freezing / I'm scared to death of the speed of life. Great song "
War On Love: "You know, War on Love is about war and all the hardships! So I'm declaring a war on love and stuff. I won't give in, I won't give up / Fight the hope in this war on love. It's my war song!"
I Lost All Love 4 You: "You know, just about that whole love thing, saying I've lost my love 4 someone. So go live your life and find another wife / Take her to that stupid restaurant you like. HAHAHAHAHAHHA"
Alcohol: "About someone giving away their soul to Alcohol, you know? Cause you gave away your soul to the alcohol To the alcohol. Pretty self-explanatory, yeah.."
Posted by Paddyl90 on 12 August 2015 - 11:51 PM
So today Delta announced a pop up signing for Wings at a cafe joint in Richmond which is a suburb just out of Melbourne. It was a random location but perhaps it was a friend's business. I got there and all up there were about 100 people lined up, quite a few forumers. It was pretty quick, 2min with her at most which is amazing but nothing too much to add in terms of new details. It was just a great chance to see her and other forumers again. A few pics below.