Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The 2012 TV Week Logie Awards Thread + Delta performance

Logies Delta

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   FlawedPrincess_94

FlawedPrincess_94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Thank you for sharing this video with us!
She did a great performance <3.

OFFLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

having watched the performance.. i agree it is vocally disappointing.. very pitchy in parts.. ill be honest though i am not a fan of Delta's live performances generally..she just isnt an artist that i feel does herself justice live ..nerves and stuff are totally understandable.. i like her not because she can tear the house down live though.. i like her for her artistry, her lyrics and how meaningful her music can be...

I disagree with that. Some of my favorite songs of hers have been the live performances. I LOVE that she's an artist who doesn't stick to the recorded decorum of a song. And when she's promoting a single, she is forced to (try to) sing a song exactly or close to what it sounds on the record. But when she breaks everything down and strips it to the core and sings, my God, the girl is a force. See: Out of the Blue (BA Tour), Burn For You, Black Velvet, Last Night on Earth (Visualise Tour).

Also, the mixing of levels on this performance was atrocious.

Edited by Eissa, 16 April 2012 - 05:28 AM.

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ just my opinion.. im not saying she cant sing live .. im just saying i personally dont think it is one of her strengths...

but i do agree with you about burn for you.. burn for you is actually one of my few favourite things from the last era.. and it was great

Edited by greeneyes, 16 April 2012 - 05:53 AM.

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,972 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ last night on earth and fragile from the Visualise tour are amaaaazing... also, she was absolutely smashing live before July 8th... I remember her amazing Chanel V performance *sigh*
She kinda screams too much in the OotB BA Live version though I'd love that version minus the screaming. But it's just my opinion, i'm just really sensitive when it comes to 'screaming' ^^"
I think this performance was really good but didn't like the bridge too much...she should have changed it just a tiny bit and it could have been brilliant, too :D

Edited by CielNocturne, 16 April 2012 - 05:59 AM.

tumblr_mjnpyvhkSl1qeo225o1_400.png
"All I got is this heart that I am willing to lose, I know in this life - I give it everything."

"Found a girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long, told her I that I'd never leave."

"Just when I stopped looking I saw just how far I'd come - in this life."

"One day, we won't exist, and all the hurt will turn to dust

It is easier to shut down than to open up to trust."

OFFLINE   Rob

Rob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
So many amazing live performances over the years, I could fill this forum with videos... :P

Some not so great of course but she is human :)
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 3,395 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
One of my favorite live performances :)

Naamloos_zpsa139fed4.jpg

OFFLINE   Rob

Rob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Perfect until the last note :P
Posted Image

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
please dont get me wrong.. im not saying Delta is awful live.. i just dont think it is one of her strengths.. like everyone has their strengths and weaknesses.. like celine dion is a pretty consistent vocal performer but she has no proven ability to write her own songs.. whereas Delta is the opposite imo.. she writes great stuff but is patchy imo with live performances..

she wasnt terrible at the logies by any means.. but it just wasnt fantastic

OFFLINE   Rob

Rob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

please dont get me wrong.. im not saying Delta is awful live.. i just dont think it is one of her strengths.. like everyone has their strengths and weaknesses.. like celine dion is a pretty consistent vocal performer but she has no proven ability to write her own songs.. whereas Delta is the opposite imo.. she writes great stuff but is patchy imo with live performances..

she wasnt terrible at the logies by any means.. but it just wasnt fantastic

I totally disagree with the bolded part but you are entitled to your opinion :)
Posted Image

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
well as i say its just my opinion.. it doesnt mean i dont think she has done some good performances live.. its just my opinion

OFFLINE   Mikesig2234

Mikesig2234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I disagree completely. She is one of the greatest live vocalists ever. I think her live performances are so much better than the studio versions..at least IMO. She connects so well..

Hi my name is Mike, and i'm sitting on top of the world. Massive Delta Goodrem fan. Wishing everyone a happy life full of love, light, and joy xx.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/mikesig2234 ; Insta: Mikesig2234 ; Tumblr: http://peroxideonmyheart.tumblr.com

OFFLINE   CielNocturne

CielNocturne

lion hearted girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,972 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

One of my favorite live performances :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRtiOiWyMMU

Oh yes! I agree!!

And agree on the Celine Dion part that GreenEyes mentioned :)

tumblr_mjnpyvhkSl1qeo225o1_400.png
"All I got is this heart that I am willing to lose, I know in this life - I give it everything."

"Found a girl inside of me that I've been missing for so long, told her I that I'd never leave."

"Just when I stopped looking I saw just how far I'd come - in this life."

"One day, we won't exist, and all the hurt will turn to dust

It is easier to shut down than to open up to trust."

OFFLINE   DeltasCDNfan

DeltasCDNfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I would love to hear the poeple that aren't happy with Delta's performance sing that song and do a better job then Delta did. It is a live performance. Of course that the pitch won't be a 100% perfect - that's what the CD is for. Very few artists can sing the song exactly as the song on the CD is live and I think that Delta does a phenomenal job at singing live. All the "pitch problems" as some pointed out are all proof that it's a live performance, not like some artist that I will not mention who's live performance is a perfect match to their album.
Posted Image

"How do I begin to trust with everything I’ve ever lost, and all I wanna do is hide?" - Uncovered

OFFLINE   Christie

Christie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
She seemed to really relax and get Into it after the high note, her voice sounds amazing at the end!

It wasn't a bad performance though.

OFFLINE   Katie

Katie

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 37 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Also idk but this may sound funny, I sometimes feel Delta is at her most confident performance wise when she is performing in front her fans rather than her peers? Such as the Logies or the ARIA's?

I think there are actually a lot of artists that are like this. You're being judged by so many other people when you perform on a TV show or at an awards show, by millions of people sometimes, but when you're performing on tour or something you're performing for people that want to see you, that paid money to see you. I know Katy Perry's like that, she gets shit nervous when she performs on TV but actually sounds really good on tour.

OFFLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

I know Katy Perry's like that, she gets shit nervous when she performs on TV but actually sounds really good on tour.

This is so true.

OFFLINE   x_LastNightOnEarth_x

x_LastNightOnEarth_x

Done with all your bitchcraft.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I agree with her getting more nervous in front of her peers. Some of her "worst" performances, imo, have been at awards shows and shit like that, never on tour.

AMPY2BF.png

where tired cliches won't let us fall asleep.

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,909 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Thanks for the red carpet pics and videos Artin :D Delta looked gorgeous :wub: Her speech at the induction of her good friend, music guru Ian "Molly" Meldrum, into the Logies Hall of Fame, was a big surprise. (Molly is recovering at home after suffering a big fall a few days before Christmas last year)

Here are this year's winners (in presentation order):
TV WEEK SILVER LOGIE – Most Popular Actress: Asher Keddie (Offspring, Network Ten / Paper Giants: The Birth of Cleo, ABC1)
TV WEEK SILVER LOGIE – Most Popular Actor: Hugh Sheridan (Packed to the Rafters, Channel Seven)
MOST POPULAR LIGHT ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAM - Hamish & Andy’s Gap Year (Nine Network)
MOST POPULAR FACTUAL PROGRAM - Bondi Rescue (Network Ten)
MOST POPULAR REALITY PROGRAM - The Block (Nine Network)
MOST POPULAR SPORTS PROGRAM - 2011 AFL Grand Final: Collingwood vs Geelong (Network Ten)
MOST OUTSTANDING SPORTS COVERAGE - Rugby League State of Origin: Game 3 (Nine Network)
TV WEEK SILVER LOGIE – Most Popular Presenter - Adam Hills (Spicks And Specks, ABC1/Adam Hills In Gordon St Tonight, ABC1)
MOST OUTSTANDING CHILDREN’S PROGRAM - My Place (ABC3)
TV WEEK HALL OF FAME - Ian "Molly" Meldrum
GRAHAM KENNEDY AWARD FOR MOST OUTSTANDING NEW TALENT - Chelsie Preston Crayford (Underbelly: Razor, Nine Network)
MOST POPULAR NEW MALE TALENT - Steve Peacocke (Home and Away, Channel Seven)
MOST OUTSTANDING FACTUAL PROGRAM - Go Back to Where You Came From (SBS)
MOST POPULAR NEW FEMALE TALENT - Melissa Bergland (Winners & Losers, Channel Seven)
TV WEEK SILVER LOGIE – Most Outstanding Actor - Rob Carlton (Paper Giants: The Birth of Cleo, ABC1)
MOST OUTSTANDING NEWS COVERAGE - Queensland Floods 2011 (Nine News, Nine Network)
MOST OUTSTANDING PUBLIC AFFAIRS REPORT - “A Bloody Business” (Four Corners/Sarah Ferguson, ABC1)
TV WEEK SILVER LOGIE – Most Outstanding Actress - Melissa George (The Slap, ABC1)
MOST POPULAR LIFESTYLE PROGRAM - Better Homes and Gardens (Channel Seven)
MOST POPULAR DRAMA SERIES - Packed to the Rafters (Channel Seven)
MOST OUTSTANDING LIGHT ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAM - Spicks and Specks (ABC1)
TV WEEK SILVER LOGIE – Most Outstanding Drama Series, Miniseries or Telemovie - The Slap (ABC1)
TV WEEK GOLD LOGIE – Most Popular Personality on TV - Hamish Blake (Hamish & Andy’s Gap Year, Nine Network)

UPDATE: according to OzTAM ratings, 1.8 million viewers watched the red carpet and 1.37 million saw the Logie Awards (the late finish did not help).

OFFLINE   alistairlovesdelta

alistairlovesdelta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

I agree with her getting more nervous in front of her peers. Some of her "worst" performances, imo, have been at awards shows and shit like that, never on tour.

agreed i think delta's beautiful live, incredible... i witnessed it again on friday at the instore... everytime i see her wow
but i do think sometimes her nerves get the better of her... it was a good performance last night just not her best....
also there was a lot of pressure with the voice out she has to prove herself as a mentor aswell and the new single and performing in front of her peers...

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
It wasn't deltas best vocal performance by far and I'm sure delta herself would be the first to say so, however we all know what an amazing singer delta is, especially live, its just one performance and weve heard her sing incredible!! She's only human after all, these things happen.
I too love how she mixes songs up live so they sound different live -so much more original! However delta has to perform the single version of the song right now. She was obviously clearly nervous and understandably so however as delta become more relaxed and got into the vocal improved. I don't think standing at the piano in that awkward position helped... :/ and delta seems very aware of that high note, maybe mentally she finds it a challenge which comes across in the performance.

But I enjoyed the performance, the end was amazin and delta was so beautiful :) I was really proud of her! I liked it when she was stood up at the front of the stage - she looked so confident and in control!!

I don't 'critique' because I think i could do a better job, far from it, but I just say what I hear :)

Edited by rachelm, 16 April 2012 - 09:57 AM.

tumblr_mdy28gi4sp1r3qj73o4_500.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Logies, Delta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users