Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Miranda Instore, Sydney - April 18, 2012

Instore

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
would so love to go!!!! have fun to everyone who goes :)

tumblr_mdy28gi4sp1r3qj73o4_500.gif

OFFLINE   Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I'm going to go on a road trip I've never been on for this haha

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Miss Jahan

Miss Jahan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
Yay! I'm going!! and It's not too far from me! :) LOL
Hope to catch some of you there! :) Xoxo

OFFLINE   jx3delta

jx3delta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Awww, it'd be great if I could make it to see Delta again after all these years!
Damn uni... I guess I could always skip the day cos it's full of lectures... hmmm tempting :P

Posted Image
091207|030408|210808|180412
© banner and icon by me

OFFLINE   DeltaGirl

DeltaGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
OK, Ima just gonna come right out and say it.......

This was the shopping centre I was hoping she'd go to - its the closest to me where people do instores usually, so when i saw this i had so much adrenaline I actually started seeing stars.
I will be arriving there at opening time.... I am prepared to not eat a single thing or go to the toilet from 8am til probably 3pm (maybe earlier since its school holidays)
This is the greatest news ever for me, and honestly I've been having a really shitty time lately, and this has shifted all my thoughts from actual problems to a very serious one ---- WHAT should I bring to get signed?!?!?
I'm assuming we wont be able ot get our whole collection signed - I might just be first in line, meet her then run to the back of the line over and over again!! HA!!
I mean, do I take a musical instrument- ukulele - guitar?
Do I take my IDC single cause it was the first, or my BTT single cause thats the song that shaped my life? Or albums because its the whole album?
Song books? Tour books? DVDs?!??! German cds, Aus, Japan, UK, USA!?!?
Do I want ot take promos so she knows I'm a hardcore fan?
Do I dress in something nice - becaues if I'm getting a photo of me and her - it will be my christmas card this year! Or do i whack out a Delta Force T shirt!?!?
Decisions!
And yes, I am actually fretting over this!?
I know one thing I'll be getting signed - my face, then get it tattooed on ---- LOL, i'm not a twilight fan, haha that was a joke (as in the signing of my face thing :P )
I did meet her once before and I was so star struck i couldnt talk - so i'll take that photo, and a letter for her so that way when i cant talk it doesnt matter i can still say i love her music thanks for being a role model etc etc ---- i should start writing a letter now. lol
OK, sio thats a long post..

I am just so incredibly greatful for this opportunity I just dont want to screw it up and do something like throw up on her or anything... Lol is there a meet and greet code of conduct!?!?
ahhh so excited!
Stay Classy :)

OFFLINE   Martin

Martin

Unbreakable Flower

• Moderators
  • 507 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I wouldn't suggest bringing something like a guitar or anything else really large. Bring something that you can carry for hours on end. I suggest your favourite album and the new single. Normally you need the new single to even enter the line, so you'll only really have one other choice. And wear something nice, you don't want to look back on this day and think "oh man, why did I wear that!"

spLhTxt.png

OFFLINE   DeltaGirl

DeltaGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^^^ thanks good point!
This is why I had to ask someone other than my mum!!
I think atm my BTT single is leading the race, or IE japan - because it was half the first 2 albums.. I tihnk I'm going to need all my friends to come, and they can take something for me lol
Even if that means buying 20 copies of the new single :D
And I probably should look nice, the photo will probably end up on a canvas :D :P haha

OFFLINE   x3fig

x3fig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Oh yeah when are you guys planning to line up from?
I'm trying to get friends to come with me so we can keep our place in the line but also take food & toilet breaks LOL.
My aim this time is to actually say something besides "hi" and then freezing up for the rest of the night hahaha. I was so incredibly starstruck.

OFFLINE   DeltaGirl

DeltaGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^^ haha I didnt even get out hi!
lol

I'm going to wait at the entrance near the kingsway outside Myer on the level with all the jewlerry shops!
thats where they usually put up the signs!

And lol when i met her, it was after a show and she actually grabbed my arm and pulled me in for a hug - like she pulled me past 3 people (her mum had cancer at the time and people were trying to get photos with her and I told them off (lol i didnt mean to) and she smiled when i told ppl off and helped her mum get to the car - so i think she wanted to thank me by letting me meet her :)
but when i did i just looked at her and managed to mumble a lot - mostly baby talk and said ' love' ' believe again' ' goosebumps' ' you' incredible' ' thank you;' and then i managed to say you have noi idea howe much this means to me, could you please sign my book - and she did!
haha
then after I met her i jumped up and down in circles giggling and clapping my hands --------- SHE SAW ME!! AND LAUGHED!! NOT JUST LAUGHED--- POINTED AND LAUGHED!!!! lol

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I don't own any physical cds, but I purchased the physical single online just so I could have Delta's signature on something. I was thinking of arriving 2 hours beforehand because the location isn't very close to me and I will most likely need to take public transport. I may reconsider my chosen time though, seeing as I would like to be somewhere close to the front of the queue. I've never been there before either, so I may need to arrive earlier to know where I'm going. I think it will definitely be worth waking up at an ungodly hour just for Delta, haha! Hopefully I'll meet some of you there!

but when i did i just looked at her and managed to mumble a lot - mostly baby talk and said ' love' ' believe again' ' goosebumps' ' you' incredible' ' thank you;' and then i managed to say you have noi idea howe much this means to me, could you please sign my book - and she did!
haha
then after I met her i jumped up and down in circles giggling and clapping my hands --------- SHE SAW ME!! AND LAUGHED!! NOT JUST LAUGHED--- POINTED AND LAUGHED!!!! lol

Haha, I think that's exactly how I will react if I'm lucky enough to meet her.

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Awww, it'd be great if I could make it to see Delta again after all these years!
Damn uni... I guess I could always skip the day cos it's full of lectures... hmmm tempting :P

Haha, it's usually the tutorials that are the most important, not that I'm trying to influence you in any way *cough cough* :P

Edited by dj030892, 06 April 2012 - 10:38 PM.

OFFLINE   x3fig

x3fig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

^^ haha I didnt even get out hi!
lol

I'm going to wait at the entrance near the kingsway outside Myer on the level with all the jewlerry shops!
thats where they usually put up the signs!

And lol when i met her, it was after a show and she actually grabbed my arm and pulled me in for a hug - like she pulled me past 3 people (her mum had cancer at the time and people were trying to get photos with her and I told them off (lol i didnt mean to) and she smiled when i told ppl off and helped her mum get to the car - so i think she wanted to thank me by letting me meet her :)
haha

Aww that was really nice of you :)
And that is such a cute reaction from both of you LOL!

OFFLINE   DeltaGirl

DeltaGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
lol :)

It'd be cool to see some hardcore delta fans out there - we can make our own campfire and bond over how awesome Delta is :D lol

And for those who arent familiar with the layout heres their site so it might be helpful in how to get there etc http://www.westfield.com.au/miranda/getting-here/using-public-transport

I'll be getting as early as i physically can that doesnt involve sleeping outside the shopping centre haha
I'm soexcited, I think I need to buy a new top though :D lol I love all this Delta excitement, and cant wait to hear her live again more importantly!!
And i know what 2 things i'll get signed if i can only get 2 signed that is (i already have a few signed cds, a dvd and book) I'll get the photo of me and he and I have a set list from the stage of one of her shows - her foot print is on the back of it :D : D:D :P :P :P lol
then they can be framed haha :D

OFFLINE   mariiaaa93

mariiaaa93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Hey guys! What time are you all planning to line up? Cause it takes me an hour and a half-two hours to get to Miranda. I live in Liverpool and was planning to leave at 9 and get there around 10:30-11.... Now I'm thinking that may be late? :S Any advice or opinions??? :)

OFFLINE   Martin

Martin

Unbreakable Flower

• Moderators
  • 507 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
If you want to get a spot at the front to see her early, and then be at the front of the line, you might want to arrive earlier. I live in Fairfield, around the Liverpool area, and I'm leaving at around 11-12, because I'm not all too concerned with being right at the front this time around.

spLhTxt.png

OFFLINE   vegasdancer

vegasdancer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
so excited as my dad agreed to drive me to Miranda! woot!! but as i'v neva been there or even to any instores, i'm a bit lost...cud someone help me here? does anyone happen to have further dtails, i.e. lace, time, location...? about what time shud we be there by? how long do you usually have to wait?

OFFLINE   DeltaGirl

DeltaGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

so excited as my dad agreed to drive me to Miranda! woot!! but as i'v neva been there or even to any instores, i'm a bit lost...cud someone help me here? does anyone happen to have further dtails, i.e. lace, time, location...? about what time shud we be there by? how long do you usually have to wait?

Thats great you'll be able to come!

Heres the miranda website where they have all the ' how to get there' info, if this helps with at least travel - http://www.westfield.com.au/miranda/getting-here/using-public-transport

I'll be going to Miranda sometime during this week, so I'll see if I can find out the times she's expected to arrive etc and post them..
I've only made an effort for one instore at miranda - so i'll just tell my experience of that and hope that helps a bit..
On that occasion the artist was meant to come at 3pm (it was a school day, but since its holidays i think it may start earlier - i''m thinking like 1-2ish)
They had the stage set up and did one of those things where they create a zig zag line with the ropes - like what they have at banks, hcf etc.
Then they had 2 people from the hot 30 countdown come (usually they have an MC from some radio or tv station host the instore at the start to get the crowd prepared - usually people dont come until there is a buzz) so they got there at about 3 pm, and chatted with the crowd til about 3.30 when the artist came.
When he came they did a brief interview, he played 3 songs, then finished with another brief interview that had some audience interaction - though i assume this is particular to each chosen MC.
Then they just said ok, everyone who is in line come on up, and one at a time whoever was next in line went up on the stage and got to get a photo and their stuff signed, and a brief convo - they have event staff there to help and keep it organised - usually people from a cd shop, or workers from the artists record label. They are there to tell you when to walk up, take your photo for you and tell you when to get off.

so that was my experience, but it wasnt a huge artist, i got there an hour before it started and was first in line, but by the time he was singing there were close to 1000 people there.
I tihnk because its delta there will probably be more people getting there early, but since it isnt advertised on the official site, and you either have had to see the poster at miranda, or come on delta daily, it probs wont be super packed.
But the good thing is, they usually meet everyone, so it really doesnt matter if you're there 1 hour, 2 hours or 5 hours before delta is meant to go on - you're most likely going to meet her - and expect that once the MC comes out the crowd will mass multiply!
I want to get there early to have a good spot for the performance.
But I'd say once we know what time she's meant to go on at, work out how early to get there by that, like if its 12noon, get there at 9am, becaues people browsing the shops at 10am will buy a single for $5 and wait in line with intention to sell it on ebay - no offence to delta, but its what happens.
So yeah.s
That turned out to be an overly long response, but i hope it answered some questions for you, and if i can find out the times i'll post them here ASAP!
But you dont need to be first in line to meet her!
and when you get there, find a store map and go to MYER and the level that has 2 jewlerry shops and a shoe shop outside it is where the stage is!

OFFLINE   DeltaGirl

DeltaGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
lol ok, just looked at the original post and saw it starts at 2pm........ haha i never noticced that :P

OFFLINE   dj030892

dj030892

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^Thank you for that information. I was wondering how these instores work and how I would get my photo taken.

OFFLINE   purple.is.a.fruit

purple.is.a.fruit

marshmallow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
haven't decided whether to go yet.. I was hoping it'd be on a Saturday. I dunno if I should swap my working days that week from Wednesday to Thursday so I can go. It's such a pain to get to Miranda for me!

46c99c21-fb13-43d9-86e4-33c571a2e3cc_zps

say you'll see me again, even if it's just in your wildest dreams

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Instore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users