Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

When will the album be released?

fourth album release date poll

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

Poll: When will the new album be released? (44 member(s) have cast votes)

When will Delta release her fourth album?

1. January (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. February (3 votes [6.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.82%

3. March (6 votes [13.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

4. April (6 votes [13.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

5. May (7 votes [15.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.91%

6. June (2 votes [4.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

7. July (4 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

8. August (0 votes [0.00%])

9. September (1 votes [2.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.27%

10. October (2 votes [4.55%] - View)

11. November (1 votes [2.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.27%

12. December (0 votes [0.00%])

13. 2013 (2 votes [4.55%] - View)

14. 2014 (0 votes [0.00%])

15. 2015 (0 votes [0.00%])

16. 2016 (0 votes [0.00%])

17. 2017 (0 votes [0.00%])

18. 2018 (0 votes [0.00%])

19. 2019 (8 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

20. Soon (2 votes [4.55%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

OFFLINE   aussiechick007

aussiechick007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ I sure hope so! I think The Voice will definitely be used in the promotion, just if its completely before any singles or for the album I don't know ;)
In six thousand years what will this mean, words from the heart or a melody?

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^yeah saw that she said she was back in australia soon! Exciting!
My supisicion is some kind of jonas management or same manager as nick.... I just hope to god no!! I know someone said hopefully she would have learnt from Brian not to etc but this is different, this would be the manager of a worldwide act! But I hope she doesn't go that way either, she needs to create her own identity separate from him (nick).

Edited by rachelm, 08 January 2012 - 04:02 AM.

tumblr_mdy28gi4sp1r3qj73o4_500.gif

OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

I think The Voice will definitely be used in the promotion

Yeah, I think it's Sony's plan to cross promote the album release with the show. Definitely sensing the album will be released between the 23rd - 30th of March if there are no further hassles.

OFFLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
2019 FTW.

OFFLINE   dgireland

dgireland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I agree with Brad...Album release is dependant on her maximal exposure on The Voice...

It's also a great time for Delta to release this year, probably why she didnt release last year or christmas, because being honest and realistic, Delta isnt relevant anymore, and if she's put up against the big and current artists (beyonce, lady gaga, jessie j, etc) the album would fail...it might get a brief no.1 in Australia but that would be about it.

Delta has had terrible management since Innocent Eyes...Mistaken Identity had so much potential, a really strong album, but completely wrong singles were released, Delta only did promo in Australia for it....It obviously was a crazy time for her, with Brian media backlash, and her questioning if she wanted to be in the industry anymore etc etc so thats understandable that her heart wasnt in the music at that time...

DELTA was a disaster, i still cant understand why that was the album she tried to bring to America, it is just about a good/average album...There's a few good tracks (BA, ITL, Possessionless...) but overall it only did as well as it did in australia because it was Delta, not a deserved no.1 album in my opinion and was never a chance it would even come close to suceeding in america....and considering she had 3/4 years working on that album is surprising....

Still, 4/5 years on, no album, Delta needs good management for this album...It is the perfect time for a release in the next few months...I would imagine Delta's release is waiting on the Voice to start up and also to let some of the new albums fade away such as rihanna, adele (mainly), coldplay...also rihanna is going to dominate the singles chart for the next while...

So assuming Delta is going to have a decent management team, good timing, great exposure with the voice....only thing to pull out of the bag is a great album...

She did comment that she left Jo's management due to too much influence in her music with Brian etc so hopefully with this change we'll get a stronger album than DELTA.

OFFLINE   dgireland

dgireland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

^yeah saw that she said she was back in australia soon! Exciting!
My supisicion is some kind of jonas management or same manager as nick.... I just hope to god no!! I know someone said hopefully she would have learnt from Brian not to etc but this is different, this would be the manager of a worldwide act! But I hope she doesn't go that way either, she needs to create her own identity separate from him (nick).

Yeah she does, but Nick is going to be the reason she makes it in america...so going to be very difficult to break a new market, while going out with a US superstar and be considered more than "nick jonas' gf".....

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Urgh I know we all want delta to be successful in the US but I had hoped it would come from her own work and music....not because she's with a jonas...is that really the best way to crack a market?!

OFFLINE   dgireland

dgireland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Urgh I know we all want delta to be successful in the US but I had hoped it would come from her own work and music....not because she's with a jonas...is that really the best way to crack a market?!

Well its just a good way to get her name out there...im sure her work will get her the recognition she deserves

OFFLINE   Karly

Karly

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 254 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I really don't think she ever would have cracked the US market without something like this generating publicity but not because she can't or doesn't have the talent (she clearly does) but because her motivation usually seems to fizzle quickly or she lets brilliant opportunities fall to waste without strong follow up (e.g. her appearance on Dancing with the Stars - if she released straight after that in America she would have had a shot to connect on a musical level). An artist who absolutely stunned everyone with her hard work and persistence (despite adversity) seems to have done the complete 180 and its a shame.

And while I'm here, wtf is happening with her official website??? (the fact that the answer is NOTHING is a worry :S) Now that we know an album is presumably being released soon why hasn't a new website been created to get the ball rolling? I just went onto it now and it's cringe-worthy. A star with her past success shouldn't have such a poorly maintained site.

OFFLINE   claire lou

claire lou

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
It's not good if Delta has to use Nick to get herself "out there" in the U.S, she should have released something after her DWTS performance, now it just seems all she's known for over there is being Nick's girlfriend. :/

OFFLINE   dgireland

dgireland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Yeah she had a great basis made with Michael Bolton and the DWTS but i suppose that was unexpected in terms of her not having material at the ready to be released at that time, but she has tried to crack the US twice now, so a third attempt will probably be her last as i cant imagine a record label investing in her as a releasing artist when it just clearly isnt happening for her...and all in all, i think the exposure she's getting from Nick will be the best and probably only chance of really hitting the US market...The age group/market that follow Nick is also perfect for Delta so she's probably going to see the reaction of her album in Australia and possibly the UK/Europe before taking the plunge in America...Expecially since Ballads are not the 'in' thing at the moment with Adele being the exception, everythings more edgy, club orientated now, even look at Leona Lewis new direction with Collide, so Delta better have a great album in the works for her to be able to stand up against the current aritsts!

ONLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,681 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
So much i want to say in response to everyones posts, i just massively disagree with what some of you say but its ok

VOICE AUDITION DATES HAVE BEEN RELEASED!

They are filming Blind Auditions Feb 20, 21 and 22. They can then film the Battle Rounds over 2-4 days. Blind Auditions can air for 2-4 weeks and Battle Rounds air for 4 weeks. Considering the time it takes to edit Blind Auditions, the first episode may not air for a month or so after it was filmed. Assuming The Voice airs in March, that leaves Delta up to 3 months before the Live Shows start. In that time she can either release the album in the first 3 months as intended. OR! Do what i suggest. Release the first single in late February after filming The Voice auditions Feb 20-22 and then release video and promote on all Australian platforms for a few weeks, reminding Australia who she is just before The Voice starts airing. Then, after the show starts airing she can spend 5 weeks in the US getting things started on radio since things take time to pick up. Once shes gone to all the major radio stations and played for them she can come back to Australia and while shes gone for the next 6 weeks, the song will naturally grow and grow so that when she gets back the first single will have a nice foundation for when she gets to go on Ellen and The View and heaps of Late Night shows and the song gets added to Pop radio and hopefully Z100 and just explode! However, during those six weeks Delta can release the second single which she can premiere on the live shows in May. Then she can release the album two weeks later before show ends.

Alternatively they can do as Sanity reveals and do first single Feb and album to follow in March which makes complete sense and is probably the more credible thing to do then to plug yourself on a tv show. America can wait till after. I think the Nick Jonas association wont do much for Delta. Radio are not gonna add her more cause shes dating a Jonas and Jonas fans wont go crazy for her unless the music is good.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Well its just a good way to get her name out there...im sure her work will get her the recognition she deserves

No still think delta is worth more than that. She doesn't need someone else to make her successful!

Lol yeah just went to the website and it looks as if
Nothing has been updated in a year!! Maybe it's got something to do with having no management in place? Maybe there's no one around to look after those things? Delta should offer Artin a job!!

Edited by rachelm, 12 January 2012 - 06:02 AM.

OFFLINE   dgireland

dgireland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

So much i want to say in response to everyones posts, i just massively disagree with what some of you say but its ok.

Aimed at me I think :P

ONLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,681 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ I was so tired last night, that comment was actually aimed at the 'New Era' thread haha.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   fredandadele

fredandadele

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

Yeah she had a great basis made with Michael Bolton and the DWTS but i suppose that was unexpected in terms of her not having material at the ready to be released at that time, but she has tried to crack the US twice now, so a third attempt will probably be her last as i cant imagine a record label investing in her as a releasing artist when it just clearly isnt happening for her...and all in all, i think the exposure she's getting from Nick will be the best and probably only chance of really hitting the US market...The age group/market that follow Nick is also perfect for Delta so she's probably going to see the reaction of her album in Australia and possibly the UK/Europe before taking the plunge in America...Expecially since Ballads are not the 'in' thing at the moment with Adele being the exception, everythings more edgy, club orientated now, even look at Leona Lewis new direction with Collide, so Delta better have a great album in the works for her to be able to stand up against the current aritsts!

I will agree that there was no followup with the major multiple American TV exposure she recieved. Don't know if it was her management's fault or Delta's but these were golden opportunities wasted. She can't afford that again. I have to disagree about Nick Jonas fans. First I'm under the impression that many of them like him because of the fantasy he represents to them Many of them are under 18. Yes he has talent but you know.. :) Also he was part of a whole Disney real life (?) soap opera with the Jonas Bros. involved with Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato. Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift. His fans are STUCK on that even though the Brothers have clearly moved on. Delta is considered an "outsider" and no matter what, they will not buy what she has to offer. But that's fine. Other's may come on board later on. Delta's management should market her talent: her music, strong vocals, songwriting, her personality (wonderful). With proper exposure, and being a coach on The Voice, afficionados of good music will naturally gravitate to her from ages 18 and up IMO. This group will not care who she is dating,

Australia should be the main focus for a very long time. Massive media bliz and hopefully the music can hold up to all that media scrutiny. The media rollout should be continuous from now on. Australia, UK, touring/gigs, then by assesing the success & reception of these, the US. But what do I know? :lol:
Posted Image

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,025 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Tick tock tick tock...

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Hahaha if it's March and nothing has happened then we should be worried.

eb979414-4f14-4146-b909-21bfdcdbe2b6_zps

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,025 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Hahaha if it's March and nothing has happened then we should be worried.

Then we can get pissed off again, good fun :blink: :ph34r: -_- <_< ;) B) :( :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :blink: :wacko: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :unsure: :blink: :ph34r: :blush:
But really all I want is a date...a dattttttttttttttttttttttttttte. a D.A.T.E

Edited by delbrit, 13 January 2012 - 11:52 PM.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I dont believe march is gonna be the album to b honest... I just wanna know what is delta up to now... Still in new york homemaking?! I hope not ... I hope Sony are readying things and not just sitting on the album... It is honestly time to get goin..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fourth album, release date, poll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users