Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Confirmed: Delta to present at the ARIA Awards, won’t be performing

ARIA Awards

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,871 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

Confirmed: Delta to present at the ARIA Awards, won’t be performing

Posted Image

It’s confirmed, Delta will not be performing a the ARIA Awards. She will instead be presenting an award. This information comes straight from Sony Music and auspOp.

The ARIA Awards on November 27 will be broadcast on GO! at 7:30pm AEST. For those of you wishing to see Delta at the show, can go to the red carpet for free at the Allphones Arena in Sydney from 2:15pm to 4:15pm or purchase a ticket for the main show at Ticketek.

Artin

My signature is awesome.

ONLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Well I'm surprised...I'd heard she was near certain to perform but things change. Glad to see her there and I hope her appearance highlights the impact she has had on the Australian music industry and recaptures some fans before we embark on the next era! I still expect a release of a single very soon.

eb979414-4f14-4146-b909-21bfdcdbe2b6_zps

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   bare_hands

bare_hands

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
ahh well i thought as much glad to see delta there tho

OFFLINE   Karly

Karly

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 254 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
What a wasted opportunity :( Especially when she's going to be artist of the decade!!

OFFLINE   O_serendipity

O_serendipity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
:(
Oriane - 25 - France - Delta fan since 2003

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,709 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
She was artist of the decade last year (2000-2009) and they only got acknowledged at the No. 1 Chart Awards. Tbh the opportunity isnt THAT great. Its not Deltas night, its Kylies, Wiggles, Gotye's and maybe Gurrumul's night. You know what i mean? Its not normal to debut a new song at the ARIAs, Delta did in 2004 because she couldnt in 2003. Next year she should kill it. She will have stiff competition from Missy Higgins + Veronicas and whoever else releases but she should perform and shine next year

Posted Image

ONLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Yeah it's no big deal to perform it at ARIAs. Just got me thinking about the timing / release of this first single and promotion. If we are to get album early next year (and each to their own of the definition on early) she would have to release a single either within the next 2-3 weeks in order to still have the highest rating radio programs on the air before they go on their summer hiatus for 4 weeks OR she releases late January when these shows are back. With there not being too many T.V programs for her to promote on, e.g. Rove Live has gone, X-Factor will pass , so radio seems like the only real option to promote this first single. I'm not too sure what goes into launching new albums / singles etc. but I gather there would need to be a video shoot for the single to at least get some cover art for the single release then subsequently down the track an album photo shoot...which will take it's time. But if she can get it out there on radio either pre- Xmas / New Year or post summer holiday period she should be able to reach a wide audience. She's home for a reason other than appearances, there's no doubting that, so it's all coming together but would really love it if we heard more details from her directly as to what stage she's up to in releasing.

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,871 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Tbh, I think all music should come out early next year. Don't bring out anything this year. Make it all next year.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   xoxo...DG...xoxo

xoxo...DG...xoxo

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 1,502 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
I'm surprised I really thought she'd perform a new song! A little bit longer to wait then! xxx

ONLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

Tbh, I think all music should come out early next year. Don't bring out anything this year. Make it all next year.

Artin

Yeah agree with that...she might as well and most likely will.

OFFLINE   ninafan

ninafan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I thought it was a little sus when the ads didn't mention she was performing but presenting an award is almost as good.

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I suppose it's not that surprising.... but it is a huge missed opportunity for her australian relaunch, i know people say the awards are not highly rated and have been moved to a cable channel this year, but the press attention could have been mega if she teased even a verse/ chorus of her new song in a medley or something... now it's just gonna be she looked great, loved/ hated her dress and all that superficial jazz... it should be about the music ....ohh well, here's to 2012 :)

the album may be ready but i have a bad feeling this means nada... she has sooo much to get in place before this "worldwide release" can happen.... i hope she gets management and stuff sorted by the end of the year otherwise early 2012 will be another false start i fear..

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,871 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
She should do a Lady Gaga and burst out singing a bit of the song when she is presenting lol.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   Eissa

Eissa

Head Bitch In Charge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

She should do a Lady Gaga and burst out singing a bit of the song when she is presenting lol. Artin

"I promised my fans that if I came to the ARIAs, I would sing a part of my new song..."
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Memories

Memories

Memories

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,362 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
I figured that Delta would not be performing!

bannerMemories06b_zps478de8db.png

Thanks to thaisdramaqueen

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,607 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
That was disappointing :( but at least we will still see Delta on TV :)

OFFLINE   x_LastNightOnEarth_x

x_LastNightOnEarth_x

Done with all your bitchcraft.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
That sucks. It's not shocking, but it's just disappointing.

AMPY2BF.png

where tired cliches won't let us fall asleep.

OFFLINE   Martin

Martin

Unbreakable Flower

• Moderators
  • 506 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Hehehe xxx

spLhTxt.png

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

Graphics Maker/Obsessive Moonie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Posted Image

Here im standing in the night my crescent wand the only light

Posted Image

^ gif not by me :P

ONLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Hahahahahahhahahahaha ^ ^ ^ Love Kathy Griffin!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ARIA Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users