Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

XFactor USA

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

Graphics Maker/Obsessive Moonie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
There seems to be no thread on XFACTOR USA.

Is anyone watching this? Who are you rooting for?

Here im standing in the night my crescent wand the only light

Posted Image

^ gif not by me :P

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
The Top 17 have been announced. It was supposed to be top 16, but Simon went to a girl's house and decided to keep one girl as he made a big mistake. This girl in particular was my favourite, so I'm glad he decided to keep her. (Melanie)
The next segment are LIVE shows. Some talent, but also some that should not have made it this far. I dislike a full-of-herself girl called Simone Battle.

here are the photos of the Top 17 Make-Overs
http://www.digitalsp...o-pictures.html

List of Acts that Made it
http://www.thexfacto...com/contestants

Here is the official site:
http://www.thexfactorusa.com/

Edited by DeltaFan, 20 October 2011 - 08:54 PM.

Posted Image

ONLINE   Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Girls
Simon made some terrible choices - neither Simone nor Tiah should have made it through, and Melanie should have been put through in the first place!
I'm also disappointed Caitlin missed out, as she was one of my favourites.

Boys
I'm not a fan of Brian Astro or Chris, Phillip is OK, but Marcus is the best in the category.
However, I think at least one of Brennin, Nick or Skyelor should have been put through.

Over 30s
Nicole also made some shocking decisions - Dexter is terrible, and Stacy is the only one who has a chance.
Christa and Elaine are much more talented than and should have made it over Josh and Leroy.

Groups
The Brewer Boys aren't very exciting, but I can see why they were put through.
Intensity have far too many members; Lakoda Rayne are really good; I don't remember The Stereo Hoggz and I'm surprised they were picked over The Anser, who I thought were definites.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Visit Planet Delta today!

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^I agree with about 99.9% of what you posted. I actually really liked Josh And LeRoy :P

InTENsity should not have made it. I seriously do not understand how you can send a TEN MEMBER group through. There are weaker members in this group, so I don't think it's fair they send them all through like it's one voice and not judge them individually. The ten member group idea was an awful decision. How can you seriously judge them appropriately?!

Paula Abdul drives me crazy sometimes, you seriously don't know what's up with her. One second she's happy and caring, next second she gets really angry. It was slightly weird that she got put as a judge as I thought she didn't want to go back to being with Simon. She must be getting paid quite a bit for it for her to accept it, she turned down judging American Idol ever again because of a pay dispute (?). She should have sent The Anser through, I felt so sorry for them. They honestly were truly heartbroken and they were very talented, much more talented than the other groups I reckon. I thought Lakoda Rayne did not do too good. I had to turn down the volume! That's just me personally. Maybe it was the song, but I just did not like their performance.

I'm really hoping someone sends Simone home or Tiah. I did not like Tiah much either. Her lips drive me crazy too, they are massive! 0_0

As for Brian or Astro boy or whatever his name is. My whole family do not like him. His rapping drives me up the wall! There's no doubting he's a good rapper, I just find him frustrating as heck and he seriously has just a too high opinion of himself.

I really hope the right person wins, not the most popular person of the judges. I'm glad some of the 'good looking guys' went home when they did. Especially the guy with the shaved eyebrow and shaky leg (!) and that other dude who looks like he could play a part on True Blood. I'm glad on XFactor it's not up to the public who is sent home, unless they can't make a decision. Which makes it much more fairer! I hated watched American Idol and it was ruled by popularity. Why is it in American Idol, the runner-up seems to do way better than the actual winner? Of course, this not always the case. Kelly Clarkson was the first ever winner and has become a world wide sensation! She should be very proud of herself as no other American Idol star is as bad as she is now, except Carrie Underwood and some others who have also made a big name for themselves.

Some runner-ups that have done better than the winner on American Idol:
- Although Jennifer Hudson (third runner-up) did not win the contest in season 3 and lost out to Fantasia. She is doing extremely well as an actress now, even more than Fantasia, who has made a name for herself as well and won some grammies, I think Jennifer Hudson is more famous than her. She has won and been nomiated for more grammies as well! This could be debated, but I think Jen is doing better
- Season 7 runner-up David Archuleta (one of my favourite singers) has now gone on to become famous overseas and has made 3 albums (one coming soon) and is still very popular with his girl fans. He is also doing very well with his concerts. I have not heard anything of the winner David Cook since his win.
-Season 8 winner Kris Allen has not been even heard of since his win. But runner-up Adam Lambert is doing very well with concerts and some hits.

Edited by DeltaFan, 26 October 2011 - 12:56 PM.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Simone got sent home!!! WOOP
She promoted herself via the show andshe said "I GOT A NEW MUSIC VIDEO OUT". It's called "He Likes Boys".
Last time I looked it only had around 3000 views, even though she promoted it via the show. Not many people like it. I haven't been able to see it as our speed is slow

Posted Image

ONLINE   Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Girls
Glad to see Simon made the right choice this time getting rid of both Simone and Tiah!

Boys
Philip's song was completely wrong for him, so I can see why he left, but I think Chris should have gone instead.

Over 30s
Nicole had an easy choice really and I'm happy that Dexter has gone - I really couldn't stand him!

Groups
I thought all of the groups did quite well, so it was a difficult decision to make.
I still think there are too many members in Intensity, especially as most of them don't really do much!

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I'm EXTREMELY disappointed it is now a voting system. I was thinking they wouldn't do that. Which means it's going to be more of a popularity contest, not based on talent itself. I liked XFactor Australia last year because I felt as if it was based more on talent without the voting system. I'm not sure on what it is this year, as it is not airing here this year.

I now don't like Melanie, as she is now got a bit of an ego now. I tweeted her, and she wasn't too nice back to me. She also doesn't tweet fans lots like the other acts do. Chris doesn't seem to answer back on Twitter either and doesn't tweet his followers much. His ego seems to be bigger now too. Not that it's bad, but when they feel that they can't tweet fans much like the other acts do, it's sorta rude. They really buffed Chris up to look like hip now. He looks quite different! Mum and I really like Josh and LeRoy. It's a shame non-USA people can vote. LeRoy wasn't that strong tonight. He sounded amazing, Mum compared him to Michael Bolton. I think Simon said he had confidence issues.

InTENsity still annoy me. I don't think it's right that they keep a group that has obviously weaker members in there. And they have only made it so far because of the stronger members in the group. I was listening tonight and I heard one of the weaker members sing. I was appauled! How is that fair? They should've let them go home at boot camp, instead of bringing them back. Everyone seems to adore them though. My mum and dad don't like them either. A ten member group is not going to show everyones voices fairly. That's why I think a ten member group is silly. I personally have not even heard of a group this size. A 4 or 6 member group is big enough, no more. The Stereo Hogs have 5 members and you can tell they are all strong, InTENsity? no!

I sense Leroy is going home next. Although he has a nice voice, he sounded sorta weak tonight and he is 60 years old. The show is watched and voted for by young people. No one is going to vote for a 60 year old. They like the young acts :(

I don't know why I made this topic in a way, because this forum is made up of 99.9% Australian people I think and it isn't even airing there I don't think..lol
Was just hoping some people in America or in places it is airing would comment. Luckily you have replied though Jason

Edited by DeltaFan, 03 November 2011 - 08:36 PM.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
inTENsity got sent home. Woop
A lot of the members in the group were far too weak as performers and Stereo Hoggz rocked the stage last night. They were great. So happy Leroy made it through, I had a feeling he wouldn't as he is older and doesn't really appeal to the younger audience. But he made it! I would like him to win, but I don't think he will. My guess on who is going to win in no order.

1. Marcus Canty
2. Astro
3. Stereo Hoggz (even though they had low votes tonight, I still have a good feeling they will make it)
4. Melanie Amaro ( Even though I don't like her now, I still have a good feeling about her as I did in the beginning)

What I don't get, is that the show ends on December 22nd I heard. But how can that be? There are 11 acts left, one gets eliminated each week, which means 11 weeks. 11 weeks goes into next year. How does that work?

Edited by DeltaFan, 04 November 2011 - 05:39 PM.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Leroy Bell responded to my tweet! Made my day! I said my whole family are fans and he said "That's great!"
Great reply from him as he tends to only say "Thanks!" and that is all to people. I truly wonder if he is really grateful for all his fans, you never know with people. But It made me feel happy to get a reply that wasn't just a "Thank You".

Posted Image

ONLINE   Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes

What I don't get, is that the show ends on December 22nd I heard. But how can that be? There are 11 acts left, one gets eliminated each week, which means 11 weeks. 11 weeks goes into next year. How does that work?

They could either have 5 acts in the final, or have a few double elimations along the way.

I don't know why I made this topic in a way, because this forum is made up of 99.9% Australian people I think and it isn't even airing there I don't think..lol
Was just hoping some people in America or in places it is airing would comment. Luckily you have replied though Jason

I'm glad you made this topic even though no one else is commenting! :lol:
It gives me a place to put my thoughts on record so to speak.

Girls
It was cheeky of Simon to take credit for Gamu's version of 'Walking On Sunshine' which Rachel did.
I don't think Melanie was given the right song, but she sang it brilliantly anyway.
I hadn't taken much notice of Drew before, but I really enjoyed her performance this week.

Boys
I'm still not getting into either Chris or Astro - I thought it was a bit strange that Chris was complaining that he wasn't allowed to write his own lyrics, but Astro was expected to do just that. :huh:
Marcus is a great performer, and showed he could make a really good popstar.

Over 30s
I thought Leroy was better than Simon made him out to be, but I can't see him going very far in the competition.
On the other hand, I didn't think Josh was that good, and he seemed off key to me.
You can't deny that Stacy's voice is powerful, but she does tend to go over the top.

Groups
I really liked Lakoda Rayne's performance and didn't see any problem with what they were wearing.
The Stereo Hoggz seem to consist of just one singer and backing vocalists/dancers.
Again, Intensity simply have too many members to work, so it makes sense that they were voted out.

Edited by Jason, 08 November 2011 - 01:32 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^ thanks for the help.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
The Stereo Hoggz were knocked out. Paula's groups were in the bottom 2 again. The Stereo Hoggz were in the bottom 2 last week. Paula was acting hysterical. I don't really understand why, they are her groups, but she was acting like they were family members or something. She wasted serious time at the judging!
It was only fair I think they went home, instead of Lakoda Rayne, since they were in the bottom 2 last week. Even though I thought they were better than Lakoda Rayne

I had a feeling the SH would be in the bottom 2 again. I think Lakoda Rayne will be in the bottom 2 again next week. If they are, I think they should go home. I'm not sure who be the other person in the bottom 2 with them. Hopefully not Leroy or Josh. I was very disappointed in their songs choices last night, I don't think Leroy suited singing a U2 song. He suits singing stuff by Michael Bolton..that sort of style. What he sung last week was amazing. But whenever he sings something I do like, the judges don't. haha

He has my full support even if he goes home. I tweet him all the time. It's so nice he mentioned his fans on XFactor tweeting to him.

Posted Image

ONLINE   Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Girls
I wasn't sure about Melanie's song, but she did it well.
Rachel and Drew were also very good this week.

Boys
I said this last week, but I still can't get into Astro or Chris.
Marcus did another great performance - I knew Simon would say something about his jacket as soon as I saw it though! :lol:

Over 30s
I thought Stacy's song was wrong for her and she struggled with it. Delta did it better. B)
I'm not really a fan of Leroy, Josh or the songs they picked this week, but they did alright.

Groups
I preferred Lakoda Rayne last week, and the Stereo Hogzz's song wasn't right for them.
It's a bit sad for Paula, but I'm not entirely surprised the two groups were the least popular - looks like Lakoda Rayne might be going next week.

Edited by Jason, 15 November 2011 - 03:47 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Wow, what was up with Leroy, Stacy and Drew? Leroy gave a very dull performance, Stacy totally butchered her song and Drew sounded like she was singing a child to sleep. Drew REALLY annoys me, her face, her mouth...how she has never been put down....argh. At least Stacy wore something better and she didn't do awkward dancing!

What was up with the smoke issues and audio issues? At times after some performances, smoke was all around the judges. I couldn't even see Nicole properly because of the smoke. Plus Simon was very rude to Steve the host, the show is very unprofessional. I wish Simon and L.A would grow up. They are completely BIAS towards acts that aren't their own, if their own act is horrible, they like it, but if an act that isn't theirs is ok, they are completely nasty. L.A and Simon are both really immature, they should not be working together. None is more immature than the other as they both give stupid remarks to each other. Plus, Simon doesn't genuinly CARE for his acts like he says he does and the girls of his think, he only CARES about the money he could get from them. Those girls are naive as heck. Simon even joined Twitter and on it he is nasty to acts that aren't his, which is rude. Just because he is super rich, doesn't mean he is better than everyone. He is so arrogant, full-of-it and crude, I could punch him. I usually agree on his comments on some acts, but sometimes I don't, especially when he is unfairly nasty. He doesn't need another place to let his ego be let free. He should have stayed off Twitter.

How the heck were most of those acts singing 'ROCK' songs?, Simon was completely right about Chris. That was a REGGAE song. But then Simon was a total hypocrite, then makes Drew sing a rock song, but doesn't MAKE IT ROCK. Astro of course did not sing a rock song the proper, but instead his usual rap...This show is very unfair I think. They never stick to the rules like they should I think. L.A and Simon should not be on the same table and they should really do what they are supposed to do on the show and make their acts do what the song is about.

And wow, what was up with Paula? She was totally honest today and not so happy chappy. Guess it was because she has only one group left. I agreed with what she said on some acts today, I usually don't agree with her. Good to see her become more free to say what she thinks and also, no arguing with Simon or answering back to him! Very impressed!

Lakoda Rayne sounded HORRIBLE tonight, I hope they go home. I still don't like Melanie, Astro, Rachel or Stacy. I hope one of them goes home next. But they are really popular. I honestly don't see any of the acts on the show pumping out more than one album and ever being heard of ever again.

I think Lakoda Rayne will be in the bottom 2 tomorrow. They did not get much screams tonight, Leroy was the most screamed for tonight I think . One girl went absolutely HYSTERICAL going "I LOVEEE YOU LEROY". Which was rather surprising considering his age...
The audience weren't into Lakoda's performance much and I honestly think they should not have even made it into the top 12. They sound really weak. There's no doubting they are gorgeous girls, but their voices are still developing. They don't seem to be getting any better, L.A was right on about what he said about them and how it's the same every week I reckon. I think the Stereo Hoggz were better than they were in my opinion.

Apart from Lakoda Rayne, I'm not sure who will be in the bottom 2. Possibly Stacy? Maybe even Leroy, but judging by the crowd tonight, I don't think so. Stacy has a powerful voice, but most of the time it's just screaming. Me and Mum call her the 'Screamer Lady' haha.
I think a lot of these acts are getting the WRONG songs. Leroy doesn't suit that kind of song, he's 60, not 25. He suits songs with a 'Michael Bolton' kind of sound, but when he done something like that on the first week, nobody liked it. I think that sort of song suits him better. I don't know what Nicole was thinking giving Stacy that song for her! I never like Stacy's singing, but that was truly worse than usual.
Marcus wasn't particularly strong, but he's definitely one to look out for, I can see him winning, or Melanie or even Josh. It's a shame that no one recognised him earlier, but instead had to live a dull life as a Taco maker and not living his ultimate dream. Be nice if he wins, he and his wife are apparently struggling too :(

It will be very interesting who makes it to the top 5 and even who just gets eliminated next.

Edited by DeltaFan, 17 November 2011 - 07:47 PM.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Wow, what a surprise! Astro was in the bottom 2! Stacy was in there with him. Stacy got sent home. Which was one of my predictions.
Lakoda Rayne and Leroy were the first 2 through, which was really shocking to me, because I actually expected Lakoda Rayne to be in the bottom 2 with Stacy and be sent home. Paula was really gloating. So funny seeing Simon's reaction to them going through. L.A and Simon were once again glaring at each other when one of the other's acts got through. Argh...seriously?!

I was really surprised seeing Astro break down. He couldn't stop crying. He didn't even want to sing and asked the audience if they wanted him to. He even got into an argument with Simon, but Simon was pretty much right about him, he acted like he didn't want to be there. Wonder what Steve whispered in his ear? To stop arguing with Simon? And what was Astro's rap about Simon saying?! Simon heard it and looked at L.A Reid wondering "What the hell?" too lol.

edit: thought I'd check out Stacy's Twitter. She's really depressed. Check out this tweet to Simon

"It happened because you stopped loving me like the first time I sang for you... @SimonCowell .. thank u for everything. Bye."
InTENsity and the Stereo Hoggz didn't act like that at all, they were sad, but they didn't act like it was the total end for them. I feel sorry for Stacy, but she really didn't improve. I don't think it's the end for her though. Nicole is probably to blame for her song choices and weak performances which sent her home

This article has a whole bunch of Anti-Astro followers http://www.buddytv.c...-ast-42762.aspx

Edited by DeltaFan, 18 November 2011 - 06:55 PM.

Posted Image

ONLINE   Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Yes, "Rock Week" is pretty meaningless, as has been seen in the UK version as well, when most of the songs aren't really rock.
But these themed weeks needn't be taken seriously anyway.

Boys
My reaction was the same as Simon's when I saw Chris's performance.
Marcus continues to perform really well.
I was sort of surprised to see Astro in the bottom two, but he should have been sent home, as he showed that he's definitely not ready for this.

Girls
I didn't really like Rachel's song, and I thought that the girl who sang it at Judges' Houses did it better.
Melanie and Drew both sang very well, even though they were a little bit samey.

Over 30s
I actually thought this was Leroy's best performance, but I also thought he might have ended up in the bottom two.
Josh's song was the only properly rock song, but even though he did it well, it's not really my thing.
Stacey wasn't great on her song, so she probably deserved to be in the bottom two, but I'm surprised she's left now, as I thought she was a potential winner early on.

Groups Lakoda Rayne
I didn't like it when they got off their podiums and went off in different directions, but apart from that they had a good performance, and I'm glad they survived the vote as I was worried they'd be in the bottom two.

Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Astro with his 'attitude'. Check out this article!

http://neonlimelight...lks-bottom-two/

Check out that comment from him about all his followers and views on Youtube :/

Edited by DeltaFan, 22 November 2011 - 10:49 PM.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   DeltaFan

DeltaFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Show just finished airing here an hour ago. Was nosy, so I went online and checked who goes home, I'm not a patient person. I always like to open gifts early :lol:.

LEROY GOES HOME! :(. Lakoda Rayne go home too (yay). But without Leroy, it just isn't worth watching anymore. My Dad went 'Uhhhh!' Mum was disappointed. I could resist telling them.
He was the act I liked most. No Leroy, not a show I want to watch anymore now. I don't like anyone else. Josh is 'OK', but Leroy I totally respected most

As for tonight's show. Simon and L.A were acting like little boys. Arguing when the show had to go on, yet again, Steve had to interfere! Simon really didn't need to tell LA and Paula to 'SHUT UP!' just so he could boast about how fantastic his acts are. They never do no wrong to him :/
Now that Simon and L.A both have all acts, Paula has none and Nicole has one, the tention between Simon and L.A will rise. I hope Simon loses an act next week, just to burst his big egotistical bubble a bit

Edited by DeltaFan, 24 November 2011 - 07:53 PM.

Posted Image

ONLINE   Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
I get the sentiment behind "Thanksgiving Week", but it was all a bit over-the-top for me.

Girls
All the girls performed really well.
I don't know what LA was talking about, calling 'Skyscraper' and old person's song. :wacko:
And what happened to Melanie? That accent came out of nowhere!

Boys
I didn't like Chris's song when he sang it in his first audition and I still don't like it now.
Marcus gave a good performance, but the song was far too overly sentimental, and I can see why it didn't get him votes this week.
I'm glad he stayed though because I think he's one of the best contestants in the competition.

Over 30s
Again, Leroy and Josh sang well, but I'm not connecting with them at all.
Leroy stayed longer than I thought he would, so I'm not upset that he's gone.

Lakoda Rayne
They had a strange song choice, but they performed well.
I'm sad they've gone (and that Paula has no acts left!), but I'm not surprised really.

So now there are no groups left, and the oldest contestant is 30, this has basically become American Idol. :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

ONLINE   Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
So it was "Michael Jackson Week", but the constant shots of the Jackson children in the audience (looking pretty unimpressed :lol: ) were a bit unnecessary.

Girls
Again, I thought all the girls did well this week.
It's good that Drew has a distinctive style, but the unfortunate thing is that her performances were all too similar, so I can understand why she was voted off.

Boys
Chris is a very weak performer, but I'm glad that Astro has finally gone!
I didn't really like Marcus's song, but he still performed excellently, and it was a shame that he was in the bottom three again.

Over 30s Josh Krajcik
I thought Josh gave an average performance, but it seems like he has a big fanbase.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users