Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Packed to the Rafters

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   aussiemusiclover

aussiemusiclover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts
Hey Everyone,

I've just noticed that there's no topic for the hit TV series "Packed to the Rafters" so I thought I'd create one.
One of Australia's favourite TV shows.

PACKED to the Rafters will return to Aussie screens within the month.

This year's Rafters was cut short when Channel 7 decided to launch Winners & Losers in the 8.30pm Tuesday slot in March.
The move caused a firestorm of protest from fans.
Rafters was averaging more than two million viewers.
The return episode, Sweet Sorrow, features the exit of Logie winner Jessica Marais.
Marais, who plays daughter Rachel Rafter, has left the hit Aussie drama to pursue acting opportunities in the US.
A tormented Rachel is set to head to New York, leaving behind her on-again, off-again boyfriend Jake (Marais' real-life fiance, James Stewart).
There will be teary scenes as mum Julie (Rebecca Gibney) realises her daughter is leaving home

Marais filmed her final episode in February.

Despite her departure, the new series of Rafters is set to make good on the producers' promise to make the show happier.
Early 2011 episodes showed Ben Rafter (Hugh Sheridan) still grieving over his wife, Melissa (Zoe Ventoura), who died in a car crash.

In coming episodes, Julie will get a new friend, Donna Mackey, played by Merridy Eastman.
"The friendship will give Julie another area of interest - a side to her that no one is expecting," Gibney says.
Donna's daughter, Emma (newcomer Zoe Cramond), strikes up a close friendship with the widowed Ben.

Actor John Howard (Seachange) will return as Dave Rafter's (Erik Thomson) father, Tom.
Tom is being paroled from jail and he will descend on the Rafters' doorstep.

Seven planned at the beginning of this year to screen 10 episodes of Rafters, but that was cut to six for the early launch of Winners & Losers.
Seven now has 14 episodes up its sleeve.

http://www.heraldsun...f-1226108582632

If you have followed the heraldsun link, fans of the show may already recognise Zoe Crammond, (from memory) she plays Emma, who Ben met in the bar when he was at work earlier in Season 4.

Camille Keenan may be a familiar face to some as having been in hit TV series Rush.

Kind Regards,

aussiemusiclover

Edited by aussiemusiclover, 05 August 2011 - 10:55 AM.

aussiemusiclover.jpg
aussiemusiclover... formerly deltaluva2.

stand-by-hird-small_zps3420ec3b.jpg

OFFLINE   l_and_j_rule

l_and_j_rule

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Yay! Only 3 more weeks till PTTR returns! :D
They've already announced there's 2 more episodes of Winners & Losers (counting from this coming episode), which means Rafters will be back the following week.

I love the approach they've done with the promos- showing off the bright, bubbly overall feel of the show. Plus a great song to match- "I Missed You" Joshua Radin. I really enjoy Joshua's music, so to see it used for Rafters is great.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   James

James

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 263 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
PTTR is one of the most popular shows on TV here in NZ. It usually ranks as the top fictional show (so after news, current events etc). Sad that Zoe left, and now that Jessica has left, be interesting to see what viewership will be like.

aussiemusiclover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts
Well Jessica can at least return to the show

Kind Regards,

aussiemusiclover

aussiemusiclover.jpg

OFFLINE   Alaska

Alaska

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Delta
i must say, i thought it would be bad without Jess, but i think it's going alright, there's nothing really else to watch on a tuesday anyway.

OFFLINE   l_and_j_rule

l_and_j_rule

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Well, 7's gone & cut the season off early again. *shakes head*
The remaining 5 episodes won't be seen until next year- much to the displeasement of Rafters fans.

7's backed their decision by saying that their new final episode (aired earlier this week- Ben deciding to invest in the club or not) was a fitting episode to stop on.

I say they're idiots for screwing with one of their biggest audience group. Chopping the show's season into 3 parts isn't a good move.

Posted Image

aussiemusiclover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts
EPIC FAIL Channel 7!

Kind Regards,

aussiemusiclover

aussiemusiclover.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users