Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr Google+ Soundcloud iTunes RSS Contact Us
Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Welcome to Delta Goodrem's Official Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Brian's Twitter rant over Delta

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Cassie

Cassie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
http://www.heraldsun...o-1226373055485

BRIAN McFadden, a few drinks and Twitter are one strong mix.

In the past he's called ex-wife Kerry Katona a "pig-faced mole" on a social network site and reduced a critic to a "f***ing c*** ".
This week, while at the APRA music awards, he's gone online in what appears to be an angry reaction to comments made by former fiancee Delta Goodrem about feeling trapped towards the end of their seven-year relationship.

Goodrem, in her most candid interview yet about the split, told Vogue: "There is so much I'd like to say. I was really unhappy and I didn't know how to get out. I learned. I got there in the end."

McFadden - who has always maintained the split was amicable and described his ex as "one of God's living angels" - hit back in three seperate Twitter rants: "Sometimes silence is golden. People love to try and deflect attention from their own downfalls onto others," he wrote. "And for the record. I've seen it all before!! Randomly want to thank (fiancee) Vogue Williams for making me the happiest man on the planet."

Goodrem had "only good things" to report about her most recent boyfriend, toyboy Nick Jonas, 19, in the fashion magazine's cover story.
McFadden met Williams - who he will marry in coming months in Europe - in the months following his engagement breakdown.
Meanwhile Goodrem's musical comeback was once again in the spotlight yesterday, with comparisons drawn between a new B-side release called Uncovered with Kate Miller-Heidke's Last Day On Earth.

It was released with single Sitting On Top Of The World, which was accused by bloggers of being a "rip off" of The Arcade Fire's Rebellion (Lies).

Wow....

Edited by Cassie, 29 May 2012 - 10:59 PM.

Posted Image

I found a girl inside of me
That I’ve been missing for so long
I told her that I’d never leave

OFFLINE   rachelm

rachelm

starlight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Well....they have assumed Brian wrote that about delta, i mean maybe it is, but we dont know for sure if it is. I really don't see how it is news worthy!!

tumblr_mdy28gi4sp1r3qj73o4_500.gif

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
LMAO!!! Another song comparison....she steals everything apparently. Sigh...I'm so over hearing all of this now. I've changed my opinion and will from now on. Can everyone just be quiet and leave the past in the past and just focus on the now and the music to come, this is getting ridiculous.

eb979414-4f14-4146-b909-21bfdcdbe2b6_zps

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,530 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I have always thought Uncovered sounded like The Last Day On Earth, to the point where I'd sing it along to Uncovered when I hear it haha.

I think Brian had every right to say what he said, Kerry was a fkn bitch about Brian but I dont think Delta would trash him like Kerry did to him.

I think it would be nice for Brian and Delta to reconnect, when they are ready, to deal with each other. I mean they dont have to be friends but you do have to get to a place where you are settled about someone you once thought you'd spent your life with. When things are civil between each other, that things are 'cool'.

I feel Delta is still very hurt by her relationship with Brian and its downfall that it probably affected the way Delta was with Nick.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Johnson

Johnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 4,321 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
This is from Wednesday's edition by the way.
Did Brian really post these tweets?

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Just listened to 'The Last Day on Earth" and there's an obvious similarity, but for what the first 10 seconds....then the rest of the song is totally different. The girl can't catch a break. It musn't be easy having your musical credibility questioned all the time. Just mere coincidences.

@paddyl90 love this!!!! So sweet!! Happy anniversary ha!! Thanku for ur appreciation and I appreciate your love and support xxx " - August 9th, 2013

OFFLINE   Cassie

Cassie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Apparently. Has it been posted before? I couldn't see anything,but I only thought it was a new news article because it appeared that way in google to me.

It's very sad with what all the newspapers, etc. Just leave people alone to move on from a relationship the best they can.

Posted Image

I found a girl inside of me
That I’ve been missing for so long
I told her that I’d never leave

OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • 2,530 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Johnson: Yes they are still there. He is not in the wrong, I dont think you can say he is.

Pat: I agree, but its true. Its true about Arcade Fire, its true about Kate Miller Heidke. I'm shocked, I mean I dont think Delta did it on purpose, but shes had 5 years to write music and it so happens that the first two songs of the era are quite similar to other songs...

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Martin

Martin

Unbreakable Flower

• Moderators
  • 503 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
I love how it says "Goodrem told Vogue" like she's talking to Brian's fiancee.

spLhTxt.png

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
Yeah not denying the similarities either. Just funny how the media are digger deeper onto B-sides now, songs that won't be released as a single or receive as much exposure as it's title track, trying to find some evidence to attack her music. As I've said in previous thread...go over time and find songs that sound identical. It can happen sometimes. Really itching for the next single. Hope it really blows everyone away. The sooner this stuff blows over the better.

OFFLINE   lilfiary

lilfiary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
^^ I agree. It is odd that they pay attention to a b-side and it seems like they are just trying to grab anything to put her down.

as for Brian... I don't think Delta was unkind about Brian in any way. I mean, of course it was not going well, they broke up. she didn't say anything unfriendly about him, so I reckon he might be a bit overreacting. I guess his whole history with Kerry felt quite sensitive.

Posted Image
Open Eyes, Open Mind, Open Heart

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity
a month or two back.. i read in an irish mag brian replying in an interview that he was marrying Vogue so fast because he would never string someone along in a long engagement if he wasnt intending on marrying them... i thought it was a dig at Delta.. it is the usual media trained celeb thing to do to say a split is amicable and they will remain friends... but obviously things didnt end so well...

i do wish Delta would move along her musical comeback a little faster... doing interviews about her past relationships isnt remotely productive or helpful at this stage... things are moving way too slow .. it should be album details or tid bits at this stage...

what good will come of silly sensationalist tabloidy interviews like this.. she is just feeding the papers with more ammunition to stir negative press.. brian inevitably will reply to this and a slagging match via the press will be an unwelcome distraction to her music...

im itching for the voice to wrap .. single two to be released and the album to move into focus

OFFLINE   Artin

Artin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,850 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe

a month or two back.. i read in an irish mag brian replying in an interview that he was marrying Vogue so fast because he would never string someone along in a long engagement if he wasnt intending on marrying them... i thought it was a dig at Delta.. it is the usual media trained celeb thing to do to say a split is amicable and they will remain friends... but obviously things didnt end so well...

i do wish Delta would move along her musical comeback a little faster... doing interviews about her past relationships isnt remotely productive or helpful at this stage... things are moving way too slow .. it should be album details or tid bits at this stage...

what good will come of silly sensationalist tabloidy interviews like this.. she is just feeding the papers with more ammunition to stir negative press.. brian inevitably will reply to this and a slagging match via the press will be an unwelcome distraction to her music...

im itching for the voice to wrap .. single two to be released and the album to move into focus

I disagree, I think this interview will help her :) But I do agree that things are moving rather slow at the moment, but I'm sure it will be better after The Voice.

Artin
My signature is awesome.

OFFLINE   andy.987

andy.987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Bad press everywhere... :(

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

^^ I agree. It is odd that they pay attention to a b-side and it seems like they are just trying to grab anything to put her down.

as for Brian... I don't think Delta was unkind about Brian in any way. I mean, of course it was not going well, they broke up. she didn't say anything unfriendly about him, so I reckon he might be a bit overreacting. I guess his whole history with Kerry felt quite sensitive.

its more a reading between the lines thing(where people could be wrong in their interpretations).. its more what she doesnt say about brian .. she says she can only say good things about Nick.. brian might take this as a dig at him.. that she cant say anything good about him other than she felt trapped...

its all silly pointless stuff but i could envisage a back and forth slagging match beginning when interviews like this .. it is just counterproductive.. why talk about it now.. nothing good for her musical career will come of it

OFFLINE   greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

I disagree, I think this interview will help her :) But I do agree that things are moving rather slow at the moment, but I'm sure it will be better after The Voice.
Artin

i understand that it is kinda cleansing or theraputic for her to air her views but after so long keeping a dignified silence, i feel she is not going to gain anything positive from this professionally.. personally she may feel happier to have her side out there but this is only gonna detract from her music.. i dont like the idea of brian starting to slag her off in the press and i genuinely can see that happening.. she could do without the further media negativity and also it is distracting from her music and voice gig.. i was relieved she cut ties with brian.. talking about him though kinda draws him back into her life .. he will respond and it wont be pretty if his past form is anything to go by..

i just feel Delta should move onwards and upwards with her career and music..

OFFLINE   delbrit

delbrit

Baby Doll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

LMAO!!! Another song comparison....she steals everything apparently. Sigh...I'm so over hearing all of this now. I've changed my opinion and will from now on. Can everyone just be quiet and leave the past in the past and just focus on the now and the music to come, this is getting ridiculous.

That's called repression and running from an unescapable situation.
It's like you want Delta to continue to play the role of defenseless little girl when she's like 27 years old, has told at least three guys in her life to fuck themselves and leave her alone because she didn't love them anymore and or whatever. Brian knows what he did, whatever it was which made her leave and he's still broken up about it or whatever.

and hey maybe when we get music it'll all blow over, it's in Delta's hand to either tell the story with her words or with her music.
The power is ultimately with her, if she wants to stand up for herself for once so be it!
I'm just thinking as a person and sometimes as an artist you have to do certain things, things that nobody will like, but you have to do it. Delta has just learnt this lesson.

Sometimes it's beyond "Career direction and new album" and it's more just, freeing yourself from whatever as abstractly and harmless as you can (Abet whatever Delta said wasn't really that bad).

and yes, if she wants the music to be the focus she can change it at any time.

Sweet dreams are made of this

Posted Image

I traveled the world

and the seven seas

every-bodies looking for something

Fight Like A Girl *Dances*

OFFLINE   Paddyl90

Paddyl90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Mistaken Identity

That's called repression and running from an unescapable situation.
It's like you want Delta to continue to play the role of defenseless little girl when she's like 27 years old, has told at least three guys in her life to fuck themselves and leave her alone because she didn't love them anymore and or whatever. Brian knows what he did, whatever it was which made her leave and he's still broken up about it or whatever.

and hey maybe when we get music it'll all blow over, it's in Delta's hand to either tell the story with her words or with her music.
The power is ultimately with her, if she wants to stand up for herself for once so be it!
I'm just thinking as a person and sometimes as an artist you have to do certain things, things that nobody will like, but you have to do it. Delta has just learnt this lesson.

Sometimes it's beyond "Career direction and new album" and it's more just, freeing yourself from whatever as abstractly and harmless as you can (Abet whatever Delta said wasn't really that bad).

and yes, if she wants the music to be the focus she can change it at any time.

Well she can't win either way. So I guess it doesn't matter. She can say whatever she likes and not everyone is going to be happy with it. I'm thinking of a lot of pros and cons about this interview...and I think the cons are outweighing the pros. Deep down I just want the best for her - I want to see her stand strong and hit back against her critics, show people who she really is etc. but with that the criticism will just mount, more stories will come and the music will get lost in it all. I'm torn with how I feel, I get where you're coming from but I get where others who say she should keep her mouth shut are coming from too.

Edited by Paddyl90, 30 May 2012 - 12:18 AM.

OFFLINE   Memories

Memories

Memories

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,727 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Child Of The Universe
Hopefully Delta has many, many other songs for the album that are not as similar to other songs out there. Hoping the second single arrives soon so that "Sitting on Top of the World" and "UnCovered" are no longer in the lime-light. Truly looking forward to any and all new music coming.

Edited by Memories, 30 May 2012 - 08:15 AM.

OFFLINE   Margarida Azevedo

Margarida Azevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• Favourite Album:
    Innocent Eyes
Just one thing, why people bother to talk about the similarities in Deltas song,and criticize her but don't notice the similarities in other artists songs?like in Coldpay song Clocks and David Guetta and Kelly Rowland When Love Takes Over....Just saying...love Deltas songs anyway...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users